A Special Knife in Memory of a Special Friend

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
dweb1897

Re: A Special Knife in Memory of a Special Friend

Post by dweb1897 »

Ann, It is what Herman calls machine turning...the resemblance to brindle hadn't occured to me. Thanks for your kind words.
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Sorry for the loss of Acorn ... I had read the same about why our best buddies only live short lives... the unconditional love of a dog and their ability to sense our moods is incredible...

The knife is a great beautiful tribute and now a keepsake for sure!!
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Great story Doug! Sorry for the loss of your dog. I understand.

I just lost my Josi due cancer a few days before last Christmas. It's not an easy thing, she was born right in my house and she never lived anywhere else in her life.

I like your commemorative knife idea. ::hmm::
And kudos to Herman! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Great knife to honor a fittingly great dog. I sometimes feel sorry for non-dog people that never get to experience all the joys that accompany the privilege of having a truly great dog ...
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Once again I would like to thank everyone for their kind words. As a renter, I didn't have a place to bury Acorn so she was cremated. Every time I looked at that box containing her remains it made my heart ache. I've mounted the knife in a display case over my desk and now when I glance up at it I remember all the great times we had together...although those memories still bring a tear to my eye now and then. Having a truly great dog is indeed a privileged.
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon

Return to “General Knife Discussion”