New guy, a few knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
FRJ

Re: New guy, a few knives

Post by FRJ »

Weirbel wrote: I think its too late for me and the addiction
Yeah, yer done for, so I might as well welcome you to the forum. We hope you stay.

Don't over look the antique knives from days gone by. I understand they will clean deer too. ::nod::

Nice display of knives you have there. ::tu::
Joe
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Weirbel wrote:I will figure out the sideways photos eventually. Sorry
Welcome to AAPK. Hit the Tips & Tricks Forum. There are threads there discussing the picture orientation problems ---► viewforum.php?f=98
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Welcome and NICE stash ya got going on!! ::nod::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Welcome to the forums Weirbel! You have a very nice collection started there ::tu:: ! I personally love the looks of russlocks, just haven't picked one up yet. Only one small problem, this is the worst place to go if you want to slow down buying ::doh:: . Sucked into the vortex of knife buying ::dang:: , can't stop no mater how hard you try ::paranoid:: ! You should see the load I have got coming in, about 20 knives ::facepalm:: . Spent way more then was planning to. Want to buy only 1 knife and then end up with 15 :? .
Willy
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Welcome to our nightmare! (Sorry, had to :mrgreen: )
You will be shocked and amazed at the speed of the addiction! Six months ago, I had one lonely Richards, a gassed out Queen. I just cracked twenty! That’s not counting watch fob knives, fixed blades, etc etc etc!
You’re gonna like it here...

Btw, the cure for sideways pics is to go to edit, hit the framing/cropping feature and take off a little slice of the top or side. Hit ‘done’ and when you post the pic, it will sit up straight.
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
Weirbel

Post by Weirbel »

Thanks for the tips on fixing my photos! For anyone wanting to try a Russlock on the cheap...the rough green delrin russlock can be found online for 29.99. I am not listing the website in case there is a rule against it but will pass the info along if anyone needs it. I think it is not very pleasing to the eye, but i didnt want to spend $60 on a knife pattern i might dislike in the hand
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Glad to have you here. Thanks for posting some of your knives. Good looking stuff!
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Weirbel wrote:Thanks for the tips on fixing my photos! For anyone wanting to try a Russlock on the cheap...the rough green delrin russlock can be found online for 29.99. I am not listing the website in case there is a rule against it but will pass the info along if anyone needs it. I think it is not very pleasing to the eye, but i didnt want to spend $60 on a knife pattern i might dislike in the hand
Hey, folks brag about their Ebay deals. Go ahead and brag about where you get your deals. No rules against it.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Weirbel wrote:I know this is borderline blasphemy, but the Case Russlock is what started me into collecting again. I had never seen anything like them and loved the look when someone on a hunting forum posted a pic of theirs. I had ignored pocket knives for many years other than a junker i had carried in my pocket for work and a large Schrade folder from the 80s i clean deer with.20190217_171104.jpgI cant afford to keep buying case knives at the rate i have been, but the russlock has made me interested in other patterns now. Any need to start babying (mineral oil or wax) on new bone i dont intend to carry? Thanks to all those wgose posts have accelerated this sickness :D
I love Russlocks!
Attachments
2-18-19.jpg
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
rugmar

Post by rugmar »

Welcome to AAPK. I'm new here too and the only advice I can give is this. Whatever you do, DO NOT go in to the section labeled "Knife Lore". I went in there about a week ago and haven't emerged since. :lol:
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

zoogirl wrote: Btw, the cure for sideways pics is to go to edit, hit the framing/cropping feature and take off a little slice of the top or side. Hit ‘done’ and when you post the pic, it will sit up straight.
Thanks Ann. You're already becoming a valued member of AAPK.
I'm pretty sure that just running the image through the crop feature without removing any portion of it will resolve the picture orientation issue. Try it to see. It works for me and several others who have tried it but I can't guarantee success with all devices.

BTW for anyone who is not aware, There is an entire forum dedicated to "Tips & Tricks". A Forum with lots of how to do stuff on AAPK, including threads on picture orientation.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Awwwww..... :oops:
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
Weirbel

Post by Weirbel »

Shepherd Hills is the website with the olive green russlock for $29.99
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Howdy! Welcome!!

Knice collection!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Welcome to the best knife forum with the best knife folks ANYWHERE!
Keep on showing off your knives. We love pictures!

Mike
::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Weirbel

Post by Weirbel »

ken98k wrote:
Weirbel wrote:I know this is borderline blasphemy, but the Case Russlock is what started me into collecting again. I had never seen anything like them and loved the look when someone on a hunting forum posted a pic of theirs. I had ignored pocket knives for many years other than a junker i had carried in my pocket for work and a large Schrade folder from the 80s i clean deer with.20190217_171104.jpgI cant afford to keep buying case knives at the rate i have been, but the russlock has made me interested in other patterns now. Any need to start babying (mineral oil or wax) on new bone i dont intend to carry? Thanks to all those wgose posts have accelerated this sickness :D
I love Russlocks!
Nice knives Ken! I see we only have the one navy blue bone in common so far, but i want a red one eventually
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Weirbel, Welcome aboard. ::handshake:: I noticed you are willing to work overtime to feed your addiction. That is a sure sign that you are well and truly hooked. Your life is going to be enriched for a long time to come. Your life enriched, yes. Your bank account not so much. :)
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Welcome to AAPK! If you haven't done so yet and you enjoy Case knives, you need to start building your knowledge base by getting some books. One of the members here, knifaholic, has published a very informative book, now in its second edition. Well worth the investment, either edition, I have both but that's just me. :D
steve99f

Return to “General Knife Discussion”