P O S Roundtable 2019

Discuss or show off anything that relates to knives.
Eustace

Re: P O S Roundtable 2019

Postby Eustace » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:29 pm

Sharpcutsbest wrote:
Eustace...........Thanks for the information. I can't read the receipt but it sure looks COOL! A couple of weeks wait isn't bad at all when it's travelling all the way from Bulgaria. I'm honored (I hope :lol: ) to be receiving your package.

February 22, 2019 at 4:00 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Suspicious package from a dark Balkan subject crossed the ocean and is now in New York. God save America ...

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby doglegg » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:25 am

I thought it was over. I figured 'Reverand' had done about all that could be done to me. Mess cleaned up, product stored, sanity returned....then this happened. A fresh box in my mail box. I hadn't ordered anything. Who could it be from? Totally unprepared I opened it and to my amazement and horror ken98k had slapped me with a fresh (?) box of POS. When viewing his box I had innocently (naively) asked a question about one of his 'items'. I did not see the evil man who lives behind the tag of ken98k. To my shock and horror he forwarded it to me with an 'in your face' note. I am devastated but recovering. A double supply of POS! See for yourself.
DSCN5373.JPG
DSCN5374.JPG

ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby ken98k » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:46 am

doglegg wrote:I thought it was over. I figured 'Reverand' had done about all that could be done to me. Mess cleaned up, product stored, sanity returned....then this happened. A fresh box in my mail box. I hadn't ordered anything. Who could it be from? Totally unprepared I opened it and to my amazement and horror ken98k had slapped me with a fresh (?) box of POS. When viewing his box I had innocently (naively) asked a question about one of his 'items'. I did not see the evil man who lives behind the tag of ken98k. To my shock and horror he forwarded it to me with an 'in your face' note. I am devastated but recovering. A double supply of POS! See for yourself.DSCN5373.JPGDSCN5374.JPG

Those knives are very well travelled! :D
I am the NRA.

#goldpan
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby #goldpan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:57 pm

"Those knives are very well travelled! :D"

I'll say! ::nod:: From Sacramento, Ca. to North Pole, Alaska and then Texas. If they could only describe all of their travels!

Kolvir

Postby Kolvir » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:57 pm

I got the package from Mumbleypeg a while ago. Sorry for the late photo post, my eyes have finally opened up enough that I could type again. The stink had swelled them shut, though my muscles and jaw are awfully stiff and sore; when did I get my last tetanus shot?

100_2353.JPG

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jerryd6818 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:01 pm

Hmm, that brass Balisong sure looks familiar. :mrgreen:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Kolvir

Postby Kolvir » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:05 pm

I'm thinking that regifting(or resh*tting) is common here. I plan to continue that tradition next year!

zoogirl

Postby zoogirl » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:27 pm

I actually like the little white fixed.
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby jerryd6818 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:57 pm

Now I remember where I saw that (actually one like it) Balisong. I used to keep it in a cigar box with the other POS candidates but at some point in time, I moved it to my low-end knife roll.
Attachments
Parker - Japan - Balisong - 4¼ in closed.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Mumbleypeg » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Kolvir wrote:I'm thinking that regifting(or resh*tting) is common here. I plan to continue that tradition next year!

I have “regifted” some POS before. But the sh, er, stuff I sent this year is all virgin, never before shared, from a new source! ::paranoid:: And there’s more where that came from. ::facepalm:: So I was happy to divest some of it.

But feel free to share, spread it around - after all, that’s the best use for fertilizer. :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"There was a time when young people revered their elders. No one knows when this was." - Bill Heavey
https://www.akti.org/

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby doglegg » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:38 pm

zoogirl wrote:I actually like the little white fixed.

Ann be careful making observations like that. Some times the results are insufferable! (don't let it get out but I thought it interesting as well)

Kolvir

Postby Kolvir » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:41 pm

If anyone wants it I'll send it if you cover shipping.

zoogirl

Postby zoogirl » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:47 pm

Have to pass. Shipping it up here is prob more than it’s worth! Still nice, though. I do like little fixed blades!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”

Sharpcutsbest

Postby Sharpcutsbest » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:02 pm

Jody, glad you like it! I enjoyed seeing your son opening the box. Good call, their immune system is more robust than yours.

This is my first POS. When I read the invitation I thought Piece not Pile. I'll try to better next time.

Eustice, thanks for the heads up! I agree, God help America!

thestretch71

Postby thestretch71 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:52 pm

Dale

I am pleased you can find something of interest and or usable in the Box.
Had I drawn another name I would likely not have sent quite that many knives. Your fine reputation as a master mechanic is why I decided to fill the box as much as I could.
You just never know when somebody may ask you to work up an old Kabar & you could use some of those parts.
The little wood knife is actually a Shapleigh & does have some shoe advertising faintly visible on the side.

The second reason I went for Quantity is .... well I was severely lacking in any quality this year. I completely understand the rules of this game & It's only my second year to participate but I would always like to include at least some good with the bad. I just didn't hardly have much of anything good on hand at the time.

A few of those came to me in last years box. The rest were mostly provided by my dad. He likes to bid & Buy at estate sales also. I told him a few years ago that pretty much any knife made in the US has at least some value. I have since amended that a few times to include Intact blades, etc. He snagged a few batches of knifes that were 70% broken. It's fair trade , I buy as much old train items for him & my picks are not always stellar either.

Ken

PS... Zoogirl
I did receive the pack last Friday & will be posting on your Poetry & knife selections later today. :lol:

Return to “General Knife Discussion”