P O S Roundtable 2019

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Sharpcutsbest

Re: P O S Roundtable 2019

Post by Sharpcutsbest »

Jody744............. got your stinkbox sent out today. The postal clerk said you should get it Tuesday. I reckon that's what was said as she was holding her nose! ::woot:: I think she mumbled something about the delivery folks missing Monday's holiday because of the odor......... ::shrug::

Tracking number: USPS 9516 4136 0171 9045 3561 32 Open OUTDOORS in a stiff breeze! You've been warned!

Eustace...........Thanks for the information. I can't read the receipt but it sure looks COOL! A couple of weeks wait isn't bad at all when it's travelling all the way from Bulgaria. I'm honored (I hope :lol: ) to be receiving your package.

I've really enjoyed reading all the postings of this thread and getting to join in the fun. Hope everyone has had a great Valentine's Day!
Jporter1974

Post by Jporter1974 »

Hey Ed, in" desperate" times, " sensitive " information is never divulged .. ::uc:: but..in order to protect the "innocent" from "contamination ", you will find these numbers useful : 9114 9014 9645 1712 1114 50 ... ::handshake::
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Doglegg,
I just sent your package in the mail this morning.
I was able to talk my way out of the “Hazardous Biological Material” charges, so you should have it Tuesday.
The contents are in numbered order, and get worse as you go, to ease you through the shock of it.
And I do apologize to you in advance, dude, but I do NOT remember eating that much corn!
C91D62B7-D03B-467C-AABE-97F61C0E7A04.jpeg
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I see the package sent to tony111 was delivered yesterday. I hope he and the family are all right. ::uc::

Oops. Just found this online.
Attachments
Crossville Paper news.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

jerryd6818 wrote:I see the package sent to tony111 was delivered yesterday. I hope he and the family are all right. ::uc::

Oops. Just found this online.
:lol:
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Cletus Awreetus, you have PM. :)

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
tony111

Post by tony111 »

it was pretty bad jerry. had to stay in a motel last nite. don't know if ill be able to get that scent out of the house
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Randy, I have sent you some pretty nice knives over the years. This package won't have anything like that in it... ::undecided::

Thankfully, with all the "crap" I stuffed in that flat rate box, I only had to pay the standard shipping fee. No special EPA permits, hazardous packaging, etc. ::tu::

Tracking is 9505515854739046391678

Enjoy????
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Tony I'm glad you and your family will recover. Your box of shi.....I mean stuff showed up today.The mail carrier was beeping her horn and when I looked out the door,she flipped me off and drove on.When I got to the box I knew why.I opened it outside and let it air out awhile.
Attachments
15502596187339103736169244416168.jpg
Roger
richard

Post by richard »

the lock back looks ok?
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Reverand wrote:Doglegg,
I just sent your package in the mail this morning.
I was able to talk my way out of the “Hazardous Biological Material” charges, so you should have it Tuesday.
The contents are in numbered order, and get worse as you go, to ease you through the shock of it.
And I do apologize to you in advance, dude, but I do NOT remember eating that much corn!
C91D62B7-D03B-467C-AABE-97F61C0E7A04.jpeg
Thanks for the heads up Reverand. Hope this doesn't put an end to 50 years of marriage when I open it. Oh well, I've had a good life and our fire department is trained in hazardous clean up. I will anticipate it arrival with dread. ::mdm::
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

doglegg wrote:OC, I will probably see some of those dumped on someone else next year. Hope you can find some use (boat anchor etc.) for them. The Oar Carver saw some of your ducks and asked to be included. Hope your enjoy it. God Bless.
That Oar Carver wants to carve, I don't think I will be able to hold it back!
IMG_2739.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

OLDE CUTLER wrote:
doglegg wrote:OC, I will probably see some of those dumped on someone else next year. Hope you can find some use (boat anchor etc.) for them. The Oar Carver saw some of your ducks and asked to be included. Hope your enjoy it. God Bless.
That Oar Carver wants to carve, I don't think I will be able to hold it back!

IMG_2739.JPG
I think it found the right home. ::nod:: ::nod::
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Knifeslinger#81,
It looks like you can sling more than just knives!
The box of . . . knives . . . arrived a day early! I think that the Postal Service wanted to get rid of it BADLY!
Then I made a rookie mistake: I eagerly opened it in the house.
The EMT’s said that it was Olfactory Overload Syndrome that caused us to all pass out, and the effects shouldn’t be permanent.
The good news is that I already have some “projects” in mind for the Buck trapper and the Kutmaster TL29 (I was needing another screwdriver blade!).
The bad news is that my wife is currently not speaking to me. (Or is that more good news?)

Anyway, THANK YOU, FOR THIS PILE OF POO!
2BEB24FB-A8EF-4EEE-AD08-740CD6CC8B75.jpeg
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Reverend that stuff Knifeslinger sent you looks highly respectable, compared to what I shipped to Kolvir.

Living in a small town, I know the folks at the post office so I forwarned them what I’d be bringing in. They said don’t worry, they’d be ready for it. But this was the reaction when I dumped it on the counter at the post office. ::woot::

Ken
Attachments
2ADC71EE-8EDD-424E-83A3-EC9C60073096.jpeg
2ADC71EE-8EDD-424E-83A3-EC9C60073096.jpeg (16.66 KiB) Viewed 3735 times
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

As far as I know there is now a package headed from the Deep South to Canada. Hope it makes it across the border, will pm tracking info when I get it. (Perks of my job, a concierge that goes to the P.O. on Friday’s for employees!)
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
Sundog Knives

Post by Sundog Knives »

With a straight face while still plugging my nose on another frigid Dakota Territory evening, I can attest to the opening and examination of Jon's shipment from West Virginia as one of the highlights of my knife collecting experience. Wife and kids were present as I came home from work and we huddled around the heavy priority mail box curious about its contents. Son, 8+, rushed to get his pocket knife I gave him last year and we proceeded to open it with wonderment, awe and laughs. Eighteen knives in total and the most beautiful pile of sh*t.
DSC00854.JPG
Son wants two of more from the group of course and Daughter liked one for herself as well. Wife watched with amazement and indicated she had one picked out she liked too.
DSC00860.JPG
(Heck I might even know a knife repairman around town *cough* Olde Cutler to fix up a few of these well loved knives into users once again!)
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Dales package arrived today. Inside was a big ol pile of ......................knives in Charmin Ultra Soft wrap. :) Dale also included a couple good'uns. The Kershaw fires great, the Eat-N-Tool will be handy and the little Camco is sweet. Thanks buddy. I'll have fun for a while sorting through that pile.
Attachments
IMG_4821.JPG
David
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Sundog that picture of your kids enjoying the knives made my day. Not a POS to them. I need to keep their wonder. Happy for you that you have them. ::nod:: ::nod::
(and that they have you).
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Sundog Knives wrote:With a straight face while still plugging my nose on another frigid Dakota Territory evening, I can attest to the opening and examination of Jon's shipment from West Virginia as one of the highlights of my knife collecting experience. Wife and kids were present as I came home from work and we huddled around the heavy priority mail box curious about its contents. Son, 8+, rushed to get his pocket knife I gave him last year and we proceeded to open it with wonderment, awe and laughs. Eighteen knives in total and the most beautiful pile of sh*t.

DSC00854.JPG

Son wants two of more from the group of course and Daughter liked one for herself as well. Wife watched with amazement and indicated, of course, she had one picked out she liked too.

DSC00860.JPG

(Heck I might even a know a knife repairman around town *cough* Olde Cutler to fix up a few of these well loved knives into users once again!)
WOW, now that is a PILE!!
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
r redden

Post by r redden »

glennbad wrote:Randy, I have sent you some pretty nice knives over the years. This package won't have anything like that in it... ::undecided::

Thankfully, with all the "crap" I stuffed in that flat rate box, I only had to pay the standard shipping fee. No special EPA permits, hazardous packaging, etc. ::tu::

Tracking is 9505515854739046391678

Enjoy????
Glenn when I send you a POS you always send me a beautiful modded slipjoint I hope your not expecting me to do the same with this. ::woot::
Jporter1974

Post by Jporter1974 »

Ed, I cannot say much now after seeing the kids enjoying them, except, very cool ::tu:: ...and if you really, and I mean really want to make those knives look great ::hmm:: .. I have a new book coming out, called : How to shine a turd...it's less than 10.00... its only..9.99...plus..9.99s/h... :lol:
Kindest regards and God bless you and your family ~ Jon
Scale Military

Post by Scale Military »

News:
Willey Camaro, my brother, has generously added a small portion of **** to your pile rotten. It should be in the mail within a few day. Then all bets are off. I take no responsibility for the quality of the content. Open at your own risk. :lol:
William C. Westmoreland "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars."
George S. Patton Jr. "Live for something rather than die for nothing."
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

I have to say, after viewing some of the piles of...piles...I don’t feel quite so guilty! My “gift” isn’t as large as some but what it lacks in volume, it makes up in virulence! ::barf::
I may hear the reaction all the way up here!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
rexstubbins

Post by rexstubbins »

Alrighty then Treefarmer! A real heavy load is heading East from the west coast to the East coast starting today. I had to get high & wide rail clearance but now that it's approved it's on its way.
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art

Return to “General Knife Discussion”