Ads from my country

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Ads from my country

Post by gsmith7158 »

I like the German and the strange knives Eustace
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

gsmith7158 wrote:... and the strange knives Eustace
I do not know anything about these knives, but sometimes in my head a light bulb. :-D I just know that this is something interesting and rare.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Eustace, I like the last German knife and the last strange knife. Actually the first strange knife is not a knife but an adjustable angle square for carpenters. And the last strange knife what is that used to cut? Is its tang mark Rich A Herder? That is a German Company that makes all kinds of knives. Wonder if it had a military use?
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Hmm, I think you should buy some of the "New Knives" in this category for 20, then dig a hole and bury them in your back yard.
https://balkan.auction/bg/category/576/ ... offset=120

Next year, dig them up and sell them in the "Old Knives" category for 300!!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

doglegg wrote:Eustace, And the last strange knife what is that used to cut?
I do not know, so I put it in a group of "strange knives". I have not found anything about it, but I guess it's a safety knife for some production where are needed multiple cuts of twines or strings.
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:Hmm, I think you should buy some of the "New Knives" in this category for 20, then dig a hole and bury them in your back yard.
https://balkan.auction/bg/category/576/ ... offset=120
:lol: Yes, and every morning you pee from above - this is the way for original aging. Nothing new - there are people doing it.When I review such ads, only one word goes into my mind - trash, trash, trash...
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Interesting assortment of knives Eustace! The marlin spikes are nice but I don't know their pricing in US dollars.The French knives are somewhat old. The Barneria is probably 1900's era and the others a bit earlier I believe. There was a French website that listed maker's marks but it was in French(and some English) but has since been unavailable.
The second strange knife is a cheap Chinese switchblade;I know because I have one. The last strange knife looks like it is a skinning knife with a blunt point to avoid piercing the skin.Possibly a caping knife. Hope that helps.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

knife7knut wrote:Interesting assortment of knives Eustace! The marlin spikes are nice but I don't know their pricing in US dollars.
Thank you, knife7knut! 1 lev = 0.6 usd. For example, the first one (tiger solingen) costs 300 leva. 300*0.6 = 180 USD
What is Barneria?
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Hello Eustace:
Thank you for the clarification. The name Barneria is stamped into one of the French knives pictured. It is a very old French stamp dating back to the 17th century. The knife I have has the stamp and next to it is the image of a severed pig's head.From the design of small pins on the handle it indicates a manufacturing date of 1840-1850 when this type of decoration known as,"piquing" was popular. Here is a picture of it.
Attachments
Barneria2018 001.jpg
Barneria2018 002.jpg
Barneria2018 003.jpg
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

Thank you for explanation, K7K!

Although I'm on holiday, between the beach and the dinner (grilled octopus, Greek salad and ouzo), I do not miss to check out the ads.
What do you think about this knife? Iranian or Pakistani?
Attachments
персиец4.jpg
персиец3.jpg
персиец2.jpg
персиец.jpg
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Interesting knife! I love how the lock mechanism sits flush with the rest of the knife. Looks fairly old and seems to be well made.The mark looks like it could be an Arabic cypher which could apply to either country. By the way I love squid or as it is called in the USA calamari. The Greek salad sounds fine but I'll pass on the ouzo. Long story about that substance. :mrgreen:
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

knife7knut wrote:Interesting knife! I love how the lock mechanism sits flush with the rest of the knife. Looks fairly old and seems to be well made.The mark looks like it could be an Arabic cypher which could apply to either country. By the way I love squid or as it is called in the USA calamari. The Greek salad sounds fine but I'll pass on the ouzo. Long story about that substance. :mrgreen:
The price is currently about $ 100, but as far as I know the seller, it will be half in a few days. Interesting knife, I like it. We will see...

If you do not want ouzo, I'm pouring a virtual beer mug for you. Greek beer Mythos - is not bad at all.
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

The seller says it is ivory. What do you think?

https://balkan.auction/bg/auction/4231182/unikalen-nozh
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Eustace wrote:The seller says it is ivory. What do you think?

https://balkan.auction/bg/auction/4231182/unikalen-nozh
The pictures are not clear enough to see if there is a grain to the material but it appears to be ivory. Nice looking knife though.
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

Seller put ad in a forum of collectors of Antiques and Militaria. There he also puts macro pictures.
Attachments
ivory2.JPG
ivory.JPG
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

Another offer from the same seller. A rare Russian knife made before the revolution (1917) in a very good condition. Price in your money - about $ 65.
As Rammstein says - mein herz brennt...
Attachments
russia.JPG
russia3.JPG
russia2.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

That is a very good looking knife Eustace. What is the handle material. Looks very good for such an old knife. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

doglegg wrote:That is a very good looking knife Eustace. What is the handle material. Looks very good for such an old knife. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
It appears to be un-dyed bone.
Here are a couple oldies I have from Russia. The ivory handled one looks like it has an eagle stamp on the tang.
Attachments
RussianKnives2017 008.jpg
RussianKnives2017 009.jpg
RussianKnives2017 010.jpg
RussianKnives2017 011.jpg
RussianKnives2017 012.jpg
RussianKnives2017 013.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks Eustace, I always enjoy seeing your knives. And usually they are knives I would never see here in the USA.
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

knife7knut wrote:
doglegg wrote:That is a very good looking knife Eustace. What is the handle material. Looks very good for such an old knife. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
It appears to be un-dyed bone.
Here are a couple oldies I have from Russia. The ivory handled one looks like it has an eagle stamp on the tang.
Very interesting knives, К7K. Today I tried to find some information about the makers, but unfortunately I did not find anything. But the search continues.
doglegg wrote:Thanks Eustace, I always enjoy seeing your knives. And usually they are knives I would never see here in the USA.
Thanks, doglegg! However, to my regret, knives of this topic (for now :D ) are not mine.
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

From BG forum of collectors of Antiques and Militaria. Price in your green banknotes - 500$ ::teary_eyes::
Attachments
51866013_212500479618046_1919893142006398976_n.jpg
51723320_1240491016105071_853026950761938944_n.jpg
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Nice old knife Eustace ::tu:: .. Interesting bolster ::nod:: .. is there a makers stamp?

Post by Eustace »

LongBlade wrote:Nice old knife Eustace ::tu:: .. Interesting bolster ::nod:: .. is there a makers stamp?
Paul Weyersberg & Co, Solingen. Luftwaffe gravity knife. There is a lot of fakes, but I think this is original.
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

very nice Eustace. I have a fixed blade knife I believe is Russian from eBay. A few Russian wrist watches were in a garage sale here. He was a tourist there. Do you have what we call garage and yard sales in the states? As for modern Russian watches, I can tell as the shock jewels are different for them.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”