favorite knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: favorite knife

Post by Dinadan »

Interesting selection of knives here. This one has probably spent more time in my pocket than any other over the last year. Nothing special about it: Delrin handles and a bit used. The walk and talk is perfect for me, and that matters a lot to me. Opening the blades is a pleasure instead of an exercise in avoiding injury, yet there is still a very pleasant snap when I close it!
Attachments
Schrade 804
Schrade 804
Mel
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Dinadan wrote:Interesting selection of knives here. This one has probably spent more time in my pocket than any other over the last year. Nothing special about it: Delrin handles and a bit used. The walk and talk is perfect for me, and that matters a lot to me. Opening the blades is a pleasure instead of an exercise in avoiding injury, yet there is still a very pleasant snap when I close it!
Nice ole whittler there D. I like it. ::tu::
Knife Nut
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Knife Nut »

Garrdogg, I enlarged your photo and spent a half hour just taking it all in. All I can say is WOW!
I just don't have the "hang me down things" to display my knives like that. Fortunately, or unfortunately, my knives are all tucked away in a large fireproof file cabinet therefore I really don't get to enjoy them like you do yours.

Paul
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thanx Paul here's the individual shelves in the glass display case my wife gave me for Christmas :)
Attachments
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_0522.JPG
IMG_0523.JPG
IMG_0524.JPG
IMG_0525.JPG
IMG_0526.JPG
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Berryb

Post by Berryb »

great stuff guys!!!
Bruce
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Gdogg, that is a great bunch of knives! Love lookin' at these kind of pictures and being nosey, checkin' out little things on the bench, etc.. see a Lansky on the bench along with a Tri-hone on a lower level. And the little knife holders made from branches are a neat idea. ::tu::

Berryb,
I suppose my favorite knife that has no special sentimental attachment is this old Queen #49 that came from an antique mall about 5 years ago, it gets a lot of EDC time:
3-23-13  1642.JPG
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

Not sure that I have an absolute favorite knife.......,but if I had to start parting with my knives one by one this Camillus EO jack might just be the last to go. ::undecided::
Attachments
Camillus  - 1.jpg
Camillus - 7 - 1.jpg
Camillus-1 - 1.jpg
Greg
Berryb

Post by Berryb »

sunknife; That's a 5541 military issue, and a dandy one too. That one pushes a lot of my buttons as well. Thanks for showing it.
Bruce
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

Thanks Bruce, I am pretty fond of it I must admit. :)
Greg
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

gd.. All I can muster up is... WOW!!!!! ::woot:: ::tu::

EOs are one of my favorite patterns and you got a FINE on there sunknife!!!! ::groove:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Can't say I have a favorite knife, but I do have a favorite pattern ... the #32 ::ds::
case 32.JPG
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Lansky1 wrote:Can't say I have a favorite knife, but I do have a favorite pattern ... the #32 ::ds::

case 32.JPG
Are those all stockmans? Nice collection. I think I used to have a 32 pattern jack, was a nice size whatever it was.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
Lansky1 wrote:Can't say I have a favorite knife, but I do have a favorite pattern ... the #32 ::ds::

case 32.JPG
Are those all stockmans? Nice collection. I think I used to have a 32 pattern jack, was a nice size whatever it was.
The 3 at the top are 62032's - 2 blade jack's on the same 32 frame. The rest are 63032 medium stockmans (except for the (4) - 90's on the right - running out of room). The 32 measures 3-5/8" closed & is alot thinner than the #18 ... so it doesn't print too much & still has enough heft to feel like a real knife - it's become a good work day carry for me.
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

sunknife wrote:Not sure that I have an absolute favorite knife.......,but if I had to start parting with my knives one by one this Camillus EO jack might just be the last to go. ::undecided::
Dandy is the right word for that knife. Sunknife easy to see why you like it. I have gone back a couple of times to look at it.
whitebuffalo58

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

Like any collector, I've had several favorites over the years, but since getting this one as a gift from my wife and kids, it has been and always will be my favorite. It just sits in a glass display and I'll never use or even carry it, but...
SANY0003.JPG
WB
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Case is the all time favorite because of the story behind it, gift from the grandson love it for that reason. Second picture is special because they are gifts over the years from son. Favorite that I bought and favorite pattern is in the third photo.
20180622_085627.jpg
20180622_192228.jpg
Attachments
20180622_085514.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

whitebuffalo58 wrote:Like any collector, I've had several favorites over the years, but since getting this one as a gift from my wife and kids, it has been and always will be my favorite. It just sits in a glass display and I'll never use or even carry it, but...

WB
Rob did you use the screen name before you got the knife or did the knife inspire the screen name? In other words, which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Well, I usually carry a Benchmade minigrip all the time. It's my "rough work" knife, and I really enjoy carrying it. That being said, I, like others, have many carry knives. I will say that this little 18 is perfect for most cutting tasks, and rides very slim in the pocket.

I guess I'd say it is a favorite...
18EDC.jpg
whitebuffalo58

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

jerryd6818 wrote:
whitebuffalo58 wrote:Like any collector, I've had several favorites over the years, but since getting this one as a gift from my wife and kids, it has been and always will be my favorite. It just sits in a glass display and I'll never use or even carry it, but...

WB
Rob did you use the screen name before you got the knife or did the knife inspire the screen name? In other words, which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Hey Jerry, the nickname came many, many years before the knife. Like about 50 years before.

WB
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

Beautiful trapper ya got whitebuffalo58, I guess your wife's a keeper as well.
I love that last knife in your pics bighomer.
That little 18's a sweet knife glennbad.
Greg
gino

Post by gino »

Right now this Case TB is my favorite but my Moki is always right there too
Attachments
108DFAFC-6605-4815-AEAE-5D8AA3952558.jpeg
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

This is my favorite so far. I like the green handle and how the knife feels in my hand.
Attachments
IMG_20180525_113015117.jpg
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

I can't play favorites..... they are all my children.
LOL.....
IMG_0855.JPG
I may be a little partial to this one I rescued. He has a new lease on life now. I like carrying this little guy.
61953SS Russlock 8.JPG
He Looked like he had been thrown down and run over by a car. Lots of scrapes and dings but he is doing much better now.

Mike
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Mike, you keep that Russlock thing and let me dig into that box you showed! ::drool:: Love to look in such as that, I see a Case Marlin Spike for sure and bunch of Old Timers. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Oldtimers are a favorite of many.Nice group ::tu:: ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson

Return to “General Knife Discussion”