Is this a Challenge pen knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Delmar Morgan

Is this a Challenge pen knife

Post by Delmar Morgan »

1528916303381922100265.jpg
1528916363097-780048396.jpg
1528916435734-622537361.jpg
I got this the other day , didn't pay much for it. It was pretty grimy when I got it. I was wanting to know if it's a real one or counterfeit. Why I was wanting to know is because the small blade sometimes hits the large blade and the slightly bent brass liner. Thanks
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Is this a Challenge pen knife

Post by glennbad »

I couldn't be sure without better close up pictures of the tang stamp, but I generally don't think that style of knife would be a normal counterfeiting target. I would say that the bent liners are what is causing your blades to misbehave.

Nice little knife, BTW!
Delmar Morgan

Post by Delmar Morgan »

My tablet for some reason don't take very go closeups for some reason. The word Challenge is in a arch then Cut'l Co. Bridgeport Conn. Why I ask is I'm going to resale it and I want to be a honest , I have some knives in a knife shop and sell at a local flea market and hope to have a account on here. I'm still learning on the older knives and I didn't know there was so many knife companies.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

I have one with the same handle material, it looks good to me.
AAPK Janitor
Delmar Morgan

Post by Delmar Morgan »

Thanks for the info Miller Bro's. I know Case and Holley are the most counterfeited , are there any more the I should be aware of.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Lots, to many for me to list.

Keep in mind one thing, the more valuable the knife the more counterfeits there will be. No one in there right mind is going to counterfeit a $20 knife, there's no money in it. Counterfeiter's want to make big money not peanuts, this is why Case has to be in my opinion the most heavily counterfeited brand because they sell for big money, just check eBay or right here in the counterfeit knife forum to see what I mean.

Ask lots of questions and study this web site and you will learn what is real and what is fake ::tu::
AAPK Janitor
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Delmar Morgan wrote:Thanks for the info Miller Bro's. I know Case and Holley are the most counterfeited , are there any more the I should be aware of.
I would say never assume any brand is safe from fakes. With a little knowledge and experience looking at legitimate old knives (to get an idea of how they SHOULD look) most fakes can be easily identified.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”