2018 POS Roundtable

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: 2018 POS Roundtable

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Finally - a good stinky pile! IMHO there have been FAR too many knives shown in this thread that I would actually add to my collection... :lol:
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote: IMHO there have been FAR too many knives shown in this thread that I would actually add to my collection... :lol:
Yes but you are a self professed bottom feeder whose standards are about as high as a flea's knee. ::cb:: ::poke:: ::tease::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:Finally - a good stinky pile! IMHO there have been FAR too many knives shown in this thread that I would actually add to my collection... :lol:
TWF, I guess we just love the unlovely.
TwoFlowersLuggage

is-flounder-a-bottom-feeder-4-bottom-feeder-httpsibankcoincomflyblogfiles201502bottom-874-x-580.jpg
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Doug hurt my fragile feelings :oops: 10 of the dirty dozen were repurposed from prior POS Roundtables. Maybe I should have seeded at least one gem in that otherwise steaming pile of S@^* ::hmm:: decisions....decisions
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
TwoFlowersLuggage

I say No! "Find the hidden gem in the stinking pile" could be a different game... ::tu::
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

Hey Terry! That box of septic sludge should arrive today! :mrgreen: Please take appropriate measures BEFORE you open that box of waste material. A hazmat suit is strongly encouraged! ::tounge::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

rexstubbins wrote:
bestgear wrote:Just yuk'in it up Jerry, I would never send a pile of metal that once resembled a pocket knife......... ::shrug:: or would I? ::shrug::
Well Tom - I can probably answer that question. I pile of metal? - Yes. Resembles pocket knives? Err well um.... Uh - maybe?

As you can see from the pictures I received a box that could be used to hold a - well - POS.

What better to open a box with than a pocket knife - wish I had one. ::hmm::

Upon opening the box it was highly evident that I needed to bring the package out to the garage.

After dumping the load I noticed that there was Tom's business card with his tag line - Consignment - Commerce - Conservation. You may want to rethink the conservation part - just sayin'

The last picture is an attempt to get a glamour shot. Didn't quite work out the way I wanted. I think it was the models I had to work with.

Let me just tell you Tom. NONE of these knives will be playing with the others in my collection. They have some sort of funk that just wont jive with the others.

Look out 2019 POS recipient!!!
I'd say Tom knows how this game is played. ::nod::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Well, I'd have to say Dale also knows how this game is played. He certainly did not take any pity on me with this pile, I tried real hard to find something redeemable in this mess, but alas, no.

POS 2018.jpg

At least I don't feel so bad with what I sent to Scott... :(
blademaker

Post by blademaker »

Well Steve, this POS was as good as the truck I drove to the mailbox Ty sir...Just might get a bit more use out of the Boker

Craig
Attachments
pos2018.jpg
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I got my poo today.....woooo hoooo it is some poo, except for the slim line Case trapper!

Came with plenty of TP too!!!

Thanks Glenn!!
Attachments
IMG_7582.JPG
IMG_7584.JPG
IMG_7583.JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
thestretch71
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by thestretch71 »

JACKPOT !

My first ever box O crud in the POS round-table. Thanks Mike ever so much.
pos-1.jpg
pos-2.jpg
Well most of this is certainly usable. If I were to go hunting bamboo shoots, chow mein's or special fried rice I can certainly clean those critters with my brand spanking new far-eastern Gut Hook knife. ::super_happy::

As for the Electrician Knife... all I can say is "Challenge Accepted"
pos-KTM1.jpg
pos-KTM2.jpg

Thanks again Mike ::tu::

Stretch
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Wow, you guys got some beauties there!! My box should be here today or tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

glennbad wrote:Well, I'd have to say Dale also knows how this game is played. He certainly did not take any pity on me with this pile, I tried real hard to find something redeemable in this mess, but alas, no.

POS 2018.jpg

But Glenn,
You have to admit the duplex muskrat knife was pretty cool. Whether used as a two blade or a four blade.

Has your second package from me arrived yet?
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Scott, your pile looks one of your normal deleveries! ::poke::

This is always an interesting time, the unveiling of the poo!
steve99f's contribution arrived at Starvation Plantation today, he sent some real fine ones. ::nod::
Have you ever had a knife talk to you? When I opened the box, there was small voice saying, "Help, help, I've been kidnapped!" Turns out a NIB, Victorinox "Officer" had been gathered up in the POS sweep and sent south with a bunch of questionable characters! I calmed the SAK down and he has agreed to stay with us.
The following is rap sheet on the unsavory characters that the SAK Officer had to endure on his trip from PA.
Beginning at the top and working down the POS:
A POS dragnet has sent these characters south to the Florida Panhandle.
A POS dragnet has sent these characters south to the Florida Panhandle.
1-a little Hammer Brand USA, missing its' bail.
2-a Case 059LSS, masquerading as advertising message for "Outdoor Times".
3-an old derelict Camillus Cub Scout, nice full spear, but just slam worn out, kinda' like me.
4-an Old Timer Schrade USA 61OT, well worn but can probably be rehabilitated into a decent EDC.
5-This one is an embarrassment to the NRA, a real POS from China. This one, the lock is so stiff, it must be pushed against the corner of the table in order to close the blade. Problem here is I already have its' twin.
6-a Klein with a "V" and a most unusual broken blade shape.
7-a Cattaraugus 22883, it has a nice double swedged pen blade with a BIG chip out of the center of the blade. The secondary with the pattern # is broken at the tang. MOP has a little fire in it.
8-last in the pile is a little WALTER BROS, 1/2 stop on the main blade that falls below the nail nick, the kick is gone. The small blade sits in the frame well but only snaps as it closes. To rehabilitate this POS, I will need to put a small sliver of wood in the well to raise the blade when it is at rest. ::shrug:: This one need further investigation, WALTER BROS is not a name we know around here. (Further investigation reveals the Walter Bros is an illegal from Germany.)
All in fun, thanks Steve!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Something was awry the moment I got home. Flies were circling the porch and the dogs were going nuts, they could smell that something in the vicinity was terribly wrong. I knew my time had come, the moment I had been dreading was finally here and there was no escape. After donning a hazmat suit and working up the will to dig into this smelly pile I was floored by the overwhelming stench of what I had just unveiled, trying to collect my thoughts as to why I participated in this crude endeavor.

Behold the poo!
397A9B8F-4E8A-4AFC-994D-29EA781A1F6E.jpeg
Ken, thanks for the laugh I got upon seeing these pitiful, sad knives. ::tu::
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

This is what I came home from the mailbox with today. My box arrived from Berryb and there is some really good stuff in it. The contents include: Boker stockman, Shapleigh cattle knife, Imperial Barlow, mini, and pen, Sabre jack, Magnum NRA lockblade, no name peanut, Mopar advertiser, Central Forge plier tool, and a tip bolster jack.
IMG_2186.JPG
But the star of this show without doubt is (drumroll) a Colonial Hobo. I have a beat up one of these Colonials in my camper knife collection, but the one Berryb sent me is BRAND NEW UNUSED. I am going to sit down right now and finish off my T-bone steak supper using this Colonial Hobo knife.
Thanks Berryb.
IMG_2187.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

orvet wrote:
glennbad wrote:Well, I'd have to say Dale also knows how this game is played. He certainly did not take any pity on me with this pile, I tried real hard to find something redeemable in this mess, but alas, no.

POS 2018.jpg

But Glenn,
You have to admit the duplex muskrat knife was pretty cool. Whether used as a two blade or a four blade.

Has your second package from me arrived yet?

Yes, very interesting, if I was a Klingon. :mrgreen:

No, I have not received the second package yet. Perhaps tmrw.
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

I received my package of pos from Gary today. I started to open the package out by the septic tank. Just in case ::teary_eyes:: however as I opened the package a pleasant Hawaiian smell came wafting out. So I brought it into the kitchen for further inspection.
7F03D847-5EAE-44EA-B32E-DDCBD24FBCED.jpeg
inside were a cool corn knife with box. A Japanese Hugo Nokame folder. A really cool looking stainless steel knife. And a cool tortoise shell friction folder! Thanks Gary! No poo in this pile. ::groove::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

My package from Scott (TripleF) arrived. Without question Scott put a lot of thought into this. He sent examples of multiple styles of knives - fixed blades, jacks, utilities. No doubt some exemplary offerings from the finest cutlers :roll: from Europe and Asia!

I can't quite figure out what the crud is on the larger fixed blade - I'm scared to investigate too deeply. ::paranoid::

The prize in the lot is the utility knife. It is marked Republic of Ireland, and it's a real fun puzzle knife - first of its kind I've seen. When all blades are open they can only be closed in a certain sequence. Any other attempt fails and the closing blade falls on top of another blade. Ingenious! And the best thing of all is to keep it interesting, the sequence for successfully closing them is different every time. No doubt an extremely rare knife! I will try to find the patent for this - NOT. :lol:

Thanks Scott!

Ken
Attachments
IMG_20180502_1336515.jpg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Mumbleypeg wrote:My package from Scott (TripleF) arrived. Without question Scott put a lot of thought into this. He sent examples of multiple styles of knives - fixed blades, jacks, utilities. No doubt some exemplary offerings from the finest cutlers :roll: from Europe and Asia!

I can't quite figure out what the crud is on the larger fixed blade - I'm scared to investigate too deeply. ::paranoid::

The prize in the lot is the utility knife. It is marked Republic of Ireland, and it's a real fun puzzle knife - first of its kind I've seen. When all blades are open they can only be closed in a certain sequence. Any other attempt fails and the closing blade falls on top of another blade. Ingenious! And the best thing of all is, to keep it interesting the sequence for successfully closing them is different every time. No doubt an extremely rare knife! I will try to find the patent for this - NOT. :lol:

Thanks Scott!

Ken
::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

bdev wrote:Just opened the USPS box from galvanic1882 and look at what was inside.
BTW....I was having dinner when I was going through the mail and opened the box between bites of chicken cutlets. Maybe not a good idea since you never know what might jump out of the box with this AAPK POS thing. :shock:
But....not to worry.....no surprises. Just a treasure trove of beautifully "PATINA" laced knives.
Here's what's pictured.
Boker boy scout knife, Camillus serpentine, Craftsman peanut, USA ad knife, Kent Jack, Unbranded pen knife with bone handles, ring turn knife made in Germany, gentlemans knife with chain, Robeson three blade knife with pearl handles, Union knife co tuxedo jack, Lenox 4 blade knife with pearl handles, Queen sleeveboard with pearl handles.

Thank you Mike for the generous contribution to the addiction. ::uc::

Bruno

Hi Bruno, glad you are happy with the POS knives I sent!!

DSC_0001.JPGDSC_0002.JPGDSC_0003.JPG
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Thanks Treefarmer/Phil for the group I got. Mike
Attachments
IMG_9368.JPG
TwoFlowersLuggage

Mike: I kind of like that bare-end with the well-worn bone. Are the blades just as worn?
TwoFlowersLuggage

Hey look! With one bid someone could be all set for next year's POS game!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-Vintage-Poc ... Sw3EZa56cq

Return to “General Knife Discussion”