Ever regret giving a knife away?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Ever regret giving a knife away?

Post by glennbad »

I have occasionally regretted trading knives away, but never giving them away. Coming from a family of four kids, we didn't always have a lot, so I tended to hoard my things like a miser, knives included.

However, since becoming involved with knife forums, I have met some of the most generous people, and that has in turn helped me to become more generous. It always hurts a little when you first give a knife away, but that quickly disappears when you realize the feeling of giving a gift, or especially the joy that the recipient has in receiving the knife.
Caseman601225

Post by Caseman601225 »

Today I "loaned" my sister my very well-used, always in my front left pocket Wenger Standard Issue soldier. She still has it and I doubt I'll ever see it again. So, yeah! I'm regretting as we speak!
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

I never did regret giving any knives away,,, but there is 1/2 dozen I regret selling......

Main reason to post was to say "Well Done" and a great idea Wayne has going there
preserving a great hobby 100's of years in the making of knives...love it Wayne !!! :D

Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
Bastler

Post by Bastler »

Now that I think of it, there was one knife that I gave to my father in law at the time. He used a blunt old kitchen knife to clean fish that he just threw in a drawer when he was done. I gave him a Buck folding filet knife, because I thought it would stay sharp in clanging in the drawer. When we visited them again he told me that he didn't like the knife I gave him while he was sawing on a fish with his old knife like he was trying to cut through a truck tire. Arschgeige---I never gave him anything after that.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”