Queen out of business??

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Caseman601225

Queen out of business??

Post by Caseman601225 »

It's past my bedtime so I hope I'm dreaming. Just saw where Queen has shut its doors. I don't guess I have a question here. I just HATE that! I've got several, and used to collect Schatts pretty heavily. Who does that leave us with regard to traditional pocket knives not mass produced in the Far East? Case, GEC, and...who? (I guess I did have a question after all.)
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Queen out of business??

Post by TripleF »

So sad......

Still have Buck, Bear & Son, Utica..
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Caseman601225

Post by Caseman601225 »

It is very sad. I don't know the answer. The guys I work with all carry knives, and to a man they're off-shore produced "tacticool" crap they picked up at Walmart or from a truck stop counter display. Serves their purposes I guess. But try explaining to any of them what we know, the pleasure and pride of ownership that comes from pulling out and using a basically hand-crafted piece of quality cutlery made with good steel and beautiful scale material, made by real craftsmen. Or the joy in finding that missing piece of a collection months or years in the making. They won't get it and they won't care.
wad4729

Post by wad4729 »

Went to the knife store yesterday in northern Kentucky and they said Queen had gone out of business. they had some Robeson patterns as well that just have inflated prices if you are bidding on them. I love em.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

No way of knowing what the future holds for Queen but they are still attending knife shows. They were at the St. Louis show on January 27th which was after the January 10th announcement about them closing and now the website says that they will be at the Louisville, KY show on 2/24 and 2/25.

Maybe that just means that they have some knives that need to be sold or maybe it's their way of saying don't give up on us just yet. Maybe it doesn't mean anything at all. I have no idea but I do find it interesting that they are still attending knife shows.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Caseman601225

Post by Caseman601225 »

I hope they can trim some fat and get back in the game without off-shoring this great name. So many great ones have folded though. I'm gonna make a personal pledge with myself. As finances allow I'll be buying a new knife from each of our aforementioned USA knife companies. I'd say one per company per month but finances probably won't allow that.

I rarely even shop for BNIB knives. And my piddling little dollars and cents won't even make a ripple. But at least it's something.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”