OKCA 2017 Mini Show

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

OKCA 2017 Mini Show

Post by orvet »

As a member of the OKCA (Oregon Knife Collectors Association) I always look forward to our shows. Our April show is arguably one of the best shows in the world for older knives. This coming April is our 43rd annual show and we will have about 350 tables of nothing but knives, plus displays of folks collections.

Our Mini Show is held in December each year usually on the first or second Saturday of the month. It’s a one day show and it’s really a relaxed show. This is where OKCA members get together to have fun and trade knives. Of course there’s plenty of buying and selling too! We had maybe 60 tables and a lot of us know one another on a first name basis, but there’s also a fair amount of making new friends that goes on. The big three days show in April is a lot of work because of the hours spent in the sheer volume of people that come to your table.

I bought my two knives within five minutes of walking through the door, while we were still setting up. I got a Gerber Shorty in a Gerber Flayer. The Flayer went to the fellow in the table next to me in a trade.

All in all it was a great show. I did better at this show than I did starting out at the big show. I came home with a bunch of knives, a stack of about eight Kershaw T-shirts, (Christmas presents for grandsons), and my bank was only down about $20 from what I started with. It was a pretty awesome show! ::ds::

I will try to list the knives and the pictures I may have one or two wrong because my feet hurt so bad I don’t want to walk out to the shop to look at the actual knives. LOL ::undecided::

This first lot, top to bottom there are:
2017 OKCA Mini Show Lot #1.jpg
Western
Western
Gerber Shorty
Knapp Sport Saw in a double sheath with a Western
Colonial aircraft survival kit knife, with a broken saw blade

Second Lot:
2017 OKCA Mini Show Lot #2.jpg
The very top, lying horizontal is a Shapleigh hardware parts knife. Short master blade and no rear handle.
Left to right:
Camillus, four-line easy open jack.
Camillus Boy Scout knife.
Camillus scout pattern.
Camillus TL-29.
Made in USA.
Robeson Suredge jack, with chain.
Schrade Walden 881.
Craftsman, the Schrade/Ulster version of the Camillus 72.
M. C. CO.; Meriden Cutlery Company still visible on etch.
Imperial; solid bolster Texas toothpick.
Kutmaster life raft knife.
Puma Hobbytec.
Lark butterfly knife.

Third lot:
2017 OKCA Mini Show Lot #3.jpg
Some funky razor knife.
Kershaw with geese on handle.
Two Kershaw MOP from Pacific Rim.

Opinel knives and display
Opinel display.jpg

Camillus chefs knife
Camillus chef knife.jpg
Goddard/Spyderco collaboration that needed some TLC (it still needs a little bit more).
Goddard-Spyderco b.jpg

My wife at our table.
2017 OKCA Mini Show.jpg

Me having some fun, (my wife made me do it)!
Have a Ducky Christmas.jpg

I hope you all have a Ducky Christmas! :mrgreen:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
Landersknives

Re: OKCA 2017 Mini Show

Post by Landersknives »

Awesome pictures Dale....your duck Santa hat picture made me smile. The pictures of the Knives always makes me smile. Looks like you had a really good time and that is what life is all about. The Misses sure was sporting a spiffy t shirt. Maybe one day I will be fortunate enough to make your acquaintance in person. Thanks for all you do, Ed.
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Great haul, Dale! ::tu:: Sounds like you had a good time as well. Thanks for posting the pictures. I can never get enough of looking at knife show pictures.
Dan
Dan
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Looks like you had a good day Dale!! Good to put a face on a fellow knife enthusiast!! Thanks for all you do for this amazing site! Kevin.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Wow Dale, you cleaned up!
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun!

One of the fellows who always has a good display of knives for sale is Jack. I asked Jack if he would mind if I took some pictures and the knives he had for sale and posted them online on AAPK. He shrugged and said “go ahead.” I figured you guys would enjoy a few pictures of some of Jack’s knives.

I took these in probably the last 10 minutes of the show and I only got pictures of nine of his sales displays, I think I got less than half of the knives he had for sale at his tables! What I have pictures of here probably covered five 8’ tables and I think he probably had at least 10 tables, plus merchandise under the tables and behind the tables. This is Jack’s typical display whether it’s the big show in April are the one day mini show in December. I did get several knives from Jack, I usually do. LOL
Attachments
Tray 1.jpg
Tray 2.jpg
Tray 3.jpg
Tray 4.jpg
Tray 5.jpg
Tray 6.jpg
Tray 7.jpg
Tray 8.jpg
Tray 9.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
ss69

Post by ss69 »

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like a great show, wish we had something like that here in southwest Ohio.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

ss69 wrote:Thanks for the pictures. It looks like a great show, wish we had something like that here in southwest Ohio.
The closest good knife show to southwest Ohio is the Central Kentucky Knife Collectors Show that is held in August in Lexington Ky. ::tu::
Roger
Edgewise

Post by Edgewise »

Great pictures, Dale. I enjoy show pictures because we don't have them here, which is just as well because I'd go crazy buying.
Somehow I always pictured you like that, a jolly ole duck hunting Santa ::tu::
ss69

Post by ss69 »

peanut740 wrote:
ss69 wrote:Thanks for the pictures. It looks like a great show, wish we had something like that here in southwest Ohio.
The closest good knife show to southwest Ohio is the Central Kentucky Knife Collectors Show that is held in August in Lexington Ky. ::tu::
Thanks for the heads up!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”