Webster Marble's ~ Safety Knives ~ Materials Used ~ ?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Mountain Man Knives

Webster Marble's ~ Safety Knives ~ Materials Used ~ ?

Post by Mountain Man Knives »

I was speaking to a gentleman over the line about Marbles using Nickle Silver Liners during a transitional Period ~ Anyone know what Years this took place ~ I just couldn't find anything about it ~ 1914-1940 ~ ? Sure couldn't find anything on this in any of my Books ~ Sure would like to learn more about it though ~

Here is a Excellent Marble ~ Surprised it Has Not Sold ~ http://www.ebay.com/itm/172868905954?ul_noapp=true
Gunsil

Re: Webster Marble's ~ Safety Knives ~ Materials Used ~ ?

Post by Gunsil »

Looks like a high price for a well used and heavily cleaned knife to me.
Mountain Man Knives

Post by Mountain Man Knives »

Gunsil wrote:Looks like a high price for a well used and heavily cleaned knife to me.

I don't get it, many people read this post and it wasn't like they weren't engaging in other conversations throughout the day they all just decided to remain silent to my question about this Marbles and Nickle Silver Liners ~ Whatever all your alls Angle is I want no Part of it ~ If you aren't Genuine and you all have some kind of Angle to your Posts the Time of your Posts or anything else ~ I want No part in it ~ You can take me off your 2018 donation of a Knife Month ~ I don't need this CRAP ~ I'm OUT ~ I don't need make believe so Called Friends ~ ::dang::
Berryb

Post by Berryb »

MMK; You can't take it so personally. Lots of times, on this and other forums, I've posted something insightful or witty only to be met with......nuthin'. I sometimes wanna change my name to Ol' Thread Killer. But really all it means is nobody that knows the answer has read it yet. In my 2 books the Marbles info is pretty light so I'm interested too.
Bruce
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

I have always thought of Nickle Silver as German and not containing any silver. from Wikipedia- Nickel silver, Mailechort, German silver, Argentan, new silver, nickel brass, albata, alpacca, or electrum is a copper alloy with nickel and often zinc. The usual formulation is 60% copper, 20% nickel and 20% zinc. Nickel silver is named for its silvery appearance, but it contains no elemental silver unless plated.
Not sure if made in USA and other countries? I like the looks of though.
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

1st of all mmk...you should see that we now have a Marble's forum to put this
question in...I lobbied for it for the last 12 years !!!
I would have answered you right away if it was in the Marble's forum
I put a opening statement in it over a month ago and got No Replies, ::shrug::

Marble's used "German Nickle Silver" in the 1st 2 models of the Safety knife
The Hilts, Bolsters, and Liners were all made from German nickle silver
mostly from 1902 to 1912
Does that answer your question ???

Time for a moderator to move this post to the Marble's Forum !!!

Stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman

Return to “General Knife Discussion”