My First Knife Purchase

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
woodwalker

Re: My First Knife Purchase

Post by woodwalker »

My 61048. And my first knife an American knife company watermelon knife bought with my lawn mowing money at the dollar store.
Attachments
20170914_193542.jpg
20170914_193604.jpg
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Railsplitter wrote:I may have posted this somewhere on this forum before but this is the first knife I ever purchased. I bought it in 1971 from an ad in the back of a Boys Life magazine.

The ad was for two knives so a friend of mine and I saved up our milk money, put it in an envelope, and sent it off. We were both 10 years old.

I'll bet some of you folks remember this ad.
Rick, thanks for reminding me of my very first knife purchase (which I had completely forgotten about). I, too, bought that little stiletto from the ad in Boy's Life magazine. Since the subscription was in my older brother's name, he convinced me that he was entitled to the second knife for one cent; I had to pay for the first one as well as s/h.

~Q~
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

As a boy I had a number of knives (Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Western fixed blade, Buck 301, Klein wire skinners) but they were all given to me. The first knife I remember buying for myself was this Buck 105 in 1976. I was a 20 year old Soldier at Aberdeen Proving Ground MD and bought this at the PX. OH
Attachments
Buck 105 ca. 1976.JPG
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Buck 309 Companion when I was 13-14yrs.. New from a local archery shop (long closed) for $18.00.. Got it with my paper money!! Still have it today!! John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

carrmillus wrote:
knife7knut wrote:Always nice to still have your first knife. I still have my first knife that I purchased in 1954 although it did take a 25 year hiatus before I got it back.
.......Utica???................. ::tu:: ..............................
It isn't marked Utica but I believe it was made by them. Cost a whopping 98 cents! The price that the store owner wrote on the back of the sheath in pencil is still visible.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

......mine is stamped "Utica sportsman" on the blade, it was given to me by a friend who bought a box of 10 of them at a clearance sale at the local hdwe. store here which has been in business here since 1900. they had been stored in the attic for 40 years and it was really tarnished, took me several days to get it and the sheath cleaned up, but I finally got it looking like new!!!.......... ::tu:: ......................

Return to “General Knife Discussion”