Yardsale find??

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Gillilandjason2

Yardsale find??

Post by Gillilandjason2 »

Anyone know anything about this knife?
Attachments
Yardsale find
Yardsale find
vintage-promo-greetings-quaker-state_1_9cd4ec43d6382f1d6e161c32c5ddd417.jpg (13.65 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
SteelMyHeart85420

Re: Yardsale find??

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

It appears to be yellow and green. Also, a promo knife for Quaker State Motor Oil, with what's likely an oil can punch (church key) for a blade. Beyond that, post more and better pics, especially the tang stampings. Someone else can probably tell you more... :shock:
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Something's fishy... you say you bought this at a yard sale yet this exact knife sold on eBay 3 years ago and your photo is the same one used in the eBay posting. See: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... -542958017

Regardless, it is not a valuable knife.

Dennis
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

I have one just like it that I gave five dollars for. Not very valuable but pretty cool none the less. Don't do like me and oil the joints. The oil seeps into the paper on the slide and stains the paper. I well live and learn.
Gillilandjason2

deo-pa wrote:Something's fishy... you say you bought this at a yard sale yet this exact knife sold on eBay 3 years ago and your photo is the same one used in the eBay posting. See: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... -542958017

Regardless, it is not a valuable knife.

Dennis

More oily than fishy!!!
Didn't have the knife with me for pic. This has been the only thing I had found on the internet. Didn't think it was worth very much. Just thought I could find out a little more about it. Thank you Parinoid Dennis.
Gillilandjason2

woodwalker wrote:I have one just like it that I gave five dollars for. Not very valuable but pretty cool none the less. Don't do like me and oil the joints. The oil seeps into the paper on the slide and stains the paper. I well live and learn.
Thank you Woodwalker for the advice. I'm into this little knife for 10 bucks. I think it's an intresting find.
Gillilandjason2

SteelMyHeart85420 wrote:It appears to be yellow and green. Also, a promo knife for Quaker State Motor Oil, with what's likely an oil can punch (church key) for a blade. Beyond that, post more and better pics, especially the tang stampings. Someone else can probably tell you more... :shock:
Thank you SMH85420... Didn't even think about it being an oil can opener...Makes perfect since tho...Lol I appreciate it.
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

It is a cool find! Check you can't even get a hamburger fries and a coke for ten bucks anymore and that little knife will last a lifetime! Those window slide knives are pretty interesting in my book.
Gillilandjason2

woodwalker wrote:It is a cool find! Check you can't even get a hamburger fries and a coke for ten bucks anymore and that little knife will last a lifetime! Those window slide knives are pretty interesting in my book.
My thoughts exactly!!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”