Muskrat knife prices

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
CANTHOK

Muskrat knife prices

Post by CANTHOK »

I just went to the Case price guide, published by AAPK, to find the price for a 1940--64 rough black muskrat and found the knife listed at four different positions with four different prices and no explanation as to why . Could someone help me to understand the guide? Thanks
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Muskrat knife prices

Post by btrwtr »

The four different listings are for four different variations of rough black handled muskrat knives. The first two would be for a Tested 1920-1940 made knife, one being for both blades marked with a tested stamp and the other for a transition knife with one tested stamped and one XX stamped blade. The next two prices would be for XX 1940-1964 manufactured knives the first price is for a knife with XX stamped blades and the earlier style Tested frame. The second price for XX stamped blades and XX frame.

Hope that helps some.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I may be betraying my massive ignorance, but it has been my impression that 'completed listings' on Ebay was about the only guide for prices that really has any meaning beyond historical trends.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

As far as I'm concerned, the price for any knife is exactly what the buyer is willing to spend or seller is willing to part with it for. 8)
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow

Return to “General Knife Discussion”