Tree Brand

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
tongueriver

Re: Tree Brand

Post by tongueriver »

kootenay joe wrote:Boker had an "Arbolito" sp ? brand that was made in Argentina and the logo i think looked like that on your Boker Plus box. I wonder if this Boker line was moved from production in Argentina to China ?
kj
I have always been curious about that Argentine 'Arbolito' connection. I had an Arbolito folding hunter that I am quite sure was made in Solingen. I wonder if the Argentine market was just that... a store for German knives. I am pretty sure Boker imported bone from their holdings in Argentina. Argentina is a huge cattle raising area. I don't think the Chinese knives have ever had any connection with Argentina Bokers except perhaps indirectly, viz. market share, etc. Perhaps that is what you are suggesting. At any rate, South America and Germany have some long-standing and sometimes very discrete (think Nazi) connections, in many more ways than in cutlery. Now, then... Don't you just hate it when folk leave out the "N" in "SOLIGEN,''... I mean SOLINGEN?
Brumbydownunder

Re: Tree Brand

Post by Brumbydownunder »

BOKER ARBOLITO Deer Stag El Gigante The day it arrived and just unwrapped .... 14 1/2 OAL
DSCN5403c_zpsnt70gyst (1).jpg
Now discontinued but this one was definitely made in Argentina

Derek
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"

Return to “General Knife Discussion”