Aggravated in Tulsa or crazy dealer stories

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
dobro59

Aggravated in Tulsa or crazy dealer stories

Post by dobro59 »

Ok, first of all i know it is anybodies right to price and sell their knives how they want to. We have a dealer at a flea market here in Tulsa that i have just quit trying to deal with. He has some fairly decent knives and a good selection but, you will go in one weekend and he's in a good mood and everything is reasonable, the other 9 weekends everything is 100 dollars no matter what it is. He is retired and won part of a lottery a couple of years ago. But he has always been cantankerous even 5-6 years ago. This guy could sell a lot of knives if he could just get himself on an even keel. ::dang:: :x
montemojo

Re: Aggravated in Tulsa or crazy dealer stories

Post by montemojo »

DoBro, I think there are people like that everywhere. There was a vender at a local flea mkt I frequent. First time that I have seen him. He had 2 used up sodbusters 1 small and 1 large nothing special. He was asking 50 for the large and 35 for the small. He was not very friendly either. Kinda like he had a chip on his shoulder. Well I never seen him sell a thing. I doubt he will be back.

Monte
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Dobro59 is it the flea market at the expo with the driller?
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
dobro59

Post by dobro59 »

No, the guy at that flea market is alright. I don't want to name names but at traffic circle.
KnifeSlinger#81

I haven't been to traffic circle, I've been told there's good stuff at that one.
-Paul T.

XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

I agree with Monte, there are folks like that everywhere. To me, buying a knife is like buying a car, you can always shop around. Most of the knives I buy come from right here, and the rest from eBay, on-line antique stores, and some other dealers I know.

It does seem however, that sometimes the people you don't want to deal with, always seem have the knives you want. That's the part I don't understand...

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

I go to flea markets all the time & I can't understand why some people price their stuff so high and won't negotiate ... how can you go to a flea market and not be willing to negotiate ?!?!? I guess these guys don't mind packing up all the stuff back in their truck that they came with. If I ever dive into selling at flea markets, I'd be all about unloading the gear I came with ...
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
KnifeSlinger#81

Lansky1 wrote:If I ever dive into selling at flea markets, I'd be all about unloading the gear I came with ...
That is why people sell at flea markets right?
-Paul T.

XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Lansky1 wrote:I go to flea markets all the time & I can't understand why some people price their stuff so high and won't negotiate ... how can you go to a flea market and not be willing to negotiate ?!?!? I guess these guys don't mind packing up all the stuff back in their truck that they came with. If I ever dive into selling at flea markets, I'd be all about unloading the gear I came with ...
John:

That's funnier than heck!! ::rotflol:: I feel the same way. A flea market is the place you're supposed to negotiate!!

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
dobro59

Post by dobro59 »

:) I feel the same way Lansky1. I go to a flea market to get a deal. And if i wind up in a flea market later my stuff will be priced to sell.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”