Knives in the Wild

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Knives in the Wild

Post by JamieinWV »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:37 am
Dan In MI wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:00 pm Most excellent photos, John! ::tu:: As I'm hoping to add a Candiru to my collection this year, I gotta ask: where did you get the handles on yours?
I remember the Candiru from my time in South America... except it was NOT a cool survival knife... ::uc::

Candiru (Vandellia cirrhosa), toothpick fish, or vampire fish, is a species of parasitic freshwater catfish in the family Trichomycteridae native to the Amazon Basin where it is found in the countries of Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru.

These smaller species are known for an alleged tendency to invade and parasitise the human urethra; There are short sensory barbels around the head, together with short, backward pointing spines on the gill covers. So in plainer language the fish is supposed to swim up your private parts and then get stuck there because of the spines::td:: I swam in the Amazon river while there and I'll tell you... ::paranoid:: I was always a bit nervous ::paranoid:: once I was in water waist deep... ::skeptic::
That’s a awful thought….. ::woot::
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That parasite is also described in the movies "Anaconda" with Jennifer Lopez, and, "The Rundown" with the Rock! Yuck! 8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

JamieinWV wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:43 am
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:37 am
These smaller species are known for an alleged tendency to invade and parasitise the human urethra; There are short sensory barbels around the head, together with short, backward pointing spines on the gill covers. So in plainer language the fish is supposed to swim up your private parts and then get stuck there because of the spines::td:: I swam in the Amazon river while there and I'll tell you... ::paranoid:: I was always a bit nervous ::paranoid:: once I was in water waist deep... ::skeptic::
That’s a awful thought….. ::woot::
[/quote],,,,,,,,,,,

In Brazil, I was told if you pee in the water, it attracts them and they swim right up the "pipe" so to speak ::dang:: Now I'm not a biologist, so I can't say for sure 100%, but it always made me a little nervous, if you know what I mean... ::hmm::

Also not being a biologist, I did not end up going to law school and eventually trying to get onto the supreme court. :oops: I thought I would have too much trouble involving issues and cases about men and women and in the end not knowing the damn difference between them :oops: Also not being a biologist I always had a hard time in singles bars... never could really tell a man from a woman and all... :x Like the public sercive add says "I should have stayed in school" ... :oops:
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Ahh... :) Sweet Nature! A Buck 301. ... I got a little surprise taking this picture today... ::skeptic::

::uc:: I turned around to put the knife in the shade to take a picture of the maker's mark. I heard a noise in the brush ::paranoid:: and turned to find some new desert "friends" ::paranoid::

You can see the clay rabbit's head in the back ground where I just taking the photos and how close the nearest ::skeptic:: Javelina is to me from my shadow in the picture. There were at least 6 of them poking around.
Attachments
DSCF0241.JPG
DSCF0242.JPG
DSCF0247.JPG
DSCF0248.JPG
DSCF0249.JPG
DSCF0250.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

roseandthistlecustom

Post by roseandthistlecustom »

20230102_171456.jpg
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Great photos, gents! ::tu::

I will say I've never found myself in the jungle, but there sure are nasty creatures in such environments. The javelina can be pretty nasty, too. Not much in the way of wildlife where I just live...just those ::censored:: raccoons.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:13 am Ahh... :) Sweet Nature! A Buck 301. ... I got a little surprise taking this picture today... ::skeptic::

::uc:: I turned around to put the knife in the shade to take a picture of the maker's mark. I heard a noise in the brush ::paranoid:: and turned to find some new desert "friends" ::paranoid::

You can see the clay rabbit's head in the back ground where I just taking the photos and how close the nearest ::skeptic:: Javelina is to me from my shadow in the picture. There were at least 6 of them poking around.
Do you live in a desert climate Dog, or just visiting? ::shrug:: It's really cold here and just lookin' at that scenery warms me up, thanks! Nice Buck too! 8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:49 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:13 am Ahh... :) Sweet Nature! A Buck 301. ... I got a little surprise taking this picture today... ::skeptic::
Do you live in a desert climate Dog, or just visiting? ::shrug:: It's really cold here and just lookin' at that scenery warms me up, thanks! Nice Buck too! 8)
Mark, I am living right dab smack in the middle of the Sonoran Dessert. Tomorrow will be 72... (22.222222 for the Canucks).

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol:: ! Good one, and ain't that the truth! I'd give my left n*t to live in the desert, ::pray:: you are one lucky "Dog" my friend! And I didn't miss your wording in relation to my avatar either, very clever! 8) EDIT: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! EDIT: of EDIT: If you've been wondering why I wished you a Happy Birthday yesterday Dog, it's because when you posted "tomorrow will be 72" I thought you meant YOU'LL be 72, it wasn't until I couldn't find you in the birthday list at the bottom of the homepage did I come back to re-read the post and it finally sunk in you meant the doggone temperature, duh! ::dang:: These "senior moments" are killin' me! 8)
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

roseandthistlecustom wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:26 am 20230102_171456.jpg
KOOL pic!!! ::tu:: ::nod:: ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
roseandthistlecustom

jmh58 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:46 pm
Thanks! There was a pretty good storm blowing in along with a king tide so really rough and wild. Rose was getting a pic of her Key and I decided to add my Hug. Those two knives are very different but somehow compliment each other.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

roseandthistlecustom wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:25 am
jmh58 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:46 pm
Thanks! There was a pretty good storm blowing in along with a king tide so really rough and wild. Rose was getting a pic of her Key and I decided to add my Hug. Those two knives are very different but somehow compliment each other.
Funny sometimes when a chance makes good!! ::tu:: ::nod:: ::tu:: Dont know till ya try!! :wink:

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:04 pm ::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol:: ! Good one, and ain't that the truth! I'd give my left n*t to live in the desert, ::pray:: you are one lucky "Dog" my friend! And I didn't miss your wording in relation to my avatar either, very clever! 8) EDIT: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! EDIT: of EDIT: If you've been wondering why I wished you a Happy Birthday yesterday Dog, it's because when you posted "tomorrow will be 72" I thought you meant YOU'LL be 72, it wasn't until I couldn't find you in the birthday list at the bottom of the homepage did I come back to re-read the post and it finally sunk in you meant the doggone temperature, duh! ::dang:: These "senior moments" are killin' me! 8)
::rotflol:: Well Mark, I feel about 75 when I wake up in the morning and try and get out of bed ::skeptic:: but I am lot younger than that and look a lot younger than 72... ::paranoid:: maybe only about 69... ::paranoid:: But hey, thanks for the Birthday wish, it isn't too far off anyway...and also I reck 'on, more "senior moments" for me too... ::skeptic::

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well I'm glad you've got many more years to come than I gave you credit for my friend, unfortunately you're right though, along with the years come the "senior moments"! ::drool:: ::facepalm:: 8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:51 pm Well I'm glad you've got many more years to come than I gave you credit for my friend, unfortunately you're right though, along with the years come the "senior moments"! ::drool:: ::facepalm:: 8)
Huh? ::shrug:: what were we talking about? ::shrug::

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Told ya! 8)
8)
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Had the Camillus out in the wild for a bit today
Attachments
20230108_114325.jpg
20230108_114846.jpg
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Nice knife, nice pictures Mike. ::tu:: 8)
8)
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Very knice pics Mike.
roseandthistlecustom

313 Mike wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:17 pm Had the Camillus out in the wild for a bit today
Very nice!
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

313 Mike wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:17 pm Had the Camillus out in the wild for a bit today
Excellent photos of an excellent knife! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Good looking knife, Mike, and I like your photos!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Mike. Nothing I can add!!
👍🍺👍
John 🥂

313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Thanks for the kind words on my pics guys, I appreciate the feedback. I love taking shots of knives in the wild!
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

58BF9CE5-8B43-4BD5-B006-CE4AE1E4943A.jpeg
9E53D005-473E-447D-97A4-FCF9ACB86217.jpeg

Return to “General Knife Discussion”