2017 OKCA Show April 8th & 9th

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 2017 OKCA Show April 8th & 9th

Post by orvet »

I also picked up this little gem at the OKCA show. The stamp says VIGNOS/CANTON O. it was a stamp used by Novelty Cutlery Co of Canton Ohio.
The guy who had this really wanted me to have the knife when he found out my last name was Vincent.
For those of you who are youngsters and not motorcycle enthusiasts the knife is an advertisement for Vincent Motorcycles. Vincent Motorcycles were made in the UK and they were the fastest motorcycles in the world. There is more information and a couple of links below on the Vincent motorcycles.

Meanwhile, back to the knife:
2 ¾ inches long, four blade Congress with the clear celluloid handle and advertising beneath it that Novelty Cutlery Co was famous for.
On the mark side it has the name VINCENT with half of their slogan on either end of the knife. At the left end it says ” The World's Fastest Standard Motorcycle” and that the right end of the mark side it says: “This is a Fact Not a Slogan.”
Vincent MC Knife a.jpg
Vincent MC Knife c.jpg

The pile side says the Vincent HRD CO. LTD. STEVENAGE . HERTS . ENGLAND
Vincent MC Knife b.jpg
Vincent MC Knife d.jpg
Vincent MC Knife e.jpg
Vincent MC Knife f.jpg
The knife is far from pristine but it's just a cool knife especially with my family name on it and since my dad and I both used right motorcycles.
As I recall dad had an Indian and my biggest bike I ever owned was the Honda CB 750. Mine was one of the early ones pre-K-1.
While my CB 750 would not do 190 miles an hour like a Vincent, I did have it up 130 one day. Amazing the stupid things we do when we're young! ::dang::
Only by the grace of God do we managed to survive! ::nod::

Here is a link to a popular mechanics article about Jay Leno’s Series C Vincent Black Shadow. It’s a 998 cc V-twin. They would do well over 100 miles an hour and was outlawed in 37 of the 48 states. http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a6 ... -the-best/

Here is another interesting article on the Vincent, the Vincent Black Widow. It was bored out to 1400 cc and listed with a top speed of 190 mph. Pretty dang fast in 1955!
http://www.angelfire.com/wi/VinWidow/index.html
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Very cool additions, Dale! I especially like the Canton Vincent. Hopefully, it won't gas out like most of them. The advertising is great, and it's got your name, so extra cool points for that.

As for the Wadsworth hunter, I already have a couple hunter mod/rebuild projects waiting in the wings, LOL. Guess great minds think alike. :D

I like the pattern a lot, but they are a handful, and not always a practical carry, but they are very cool nevertheless.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Dale, great knife, especially appropriate for you. Your post reminded me of another Vincent model, the Black Lightning.

Ken

Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I never knew that song existed!
They are a year off though, I am a 1951 Vincent. :lol:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

onehikes

Post by onehikes »

It was an awesome show. I was busy so I did not get enough time to see all the tables, but what I saw was amazing.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Welcome to AAPK onehikes! ::welcome::
It sounds like you were busy at the show, did you have a table?

I see you just joined AAPK today. How did you find out about AAPK, did you stop at my table at the show?
It's always good to see new members join AAPK, especially when they have such great taste in knife shows! :lol:

Welcome aboard! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Return to “General Knife Discussion”