Anyone familiar with this maker?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Anyone familiar with this maker?

Post by glennbad »

I just picked this one up. Appears to be a nice custom, although I've never heard of the maker, and haven't been able to dig anything up online.

Looks to have a lot of detail, and nice stag too! Not bad for $30 either way. Thoughts?

gawalker3.jpg
gawalker2.jpg
gawalker4.jpg
gawalker1.jpg
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Anyone familiar with this maker?

Post by ken98k »

Don't know anything about it but I like it!
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Here's where an internet search took me:

George A Walker is a bladesmith out of Alpine, WY. (Wyoming) I found his name on a website called "Nordic Knives". 1-800-992-6754.

Now, there is another guy that goes by George Walker, but his blade stamp looks very different. In fact, some of his knives are for sale at Arizona Custom Knives as well as eBay. Doubt if it's the same guy.

I would send a few pictures of your knife to Nordic and see if they can tell you anything about the maker and if they can, see if they have his contact information. Not much but it's a start...

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

That's a nice knife gb. Fantastic stag.
steve99f
Belthane

Post by Belthane »

George A Walker was a Damascus knife maker in Alpine, WY. I bot a blade from him over 35 years ago at Fort Bridger during Bridger Days, it was a custom knife. His knives were marked GWalker Alpine Wy. He past away about 20 years ago. His son, with the same name also makes knives with a different marking. He has knives for sell for as much as $430.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Belthane wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:47 pm George A Walker was a Damascus knife maker in Alpine, WY. I bot a blade from him over 35 years ago at Fort Bridger during Bridger Days, it was a custom knife. His knives were marked GWalker Alpine Wy. He past away about 20 years ago. His son, with the same name also makes knives with a different marking. He has knives for sell for as much as $430.
Thanks for that bit of info. Helps with the mystery!

Return to “General Knife Discussion”