It's In The Mail

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
cody6268

Re: It's In The Mail

Post by cody6268 »

Dan In MI wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:14 pm
TPK wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:29 am One in the show case & one in my pocket = a "Win - Win" Situation in my knifer's heart.
We very much think alike in that regard.
cody6268 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:45 pm Another forum I'm on has been doing a "SAK Alike Challenge" with knives that are copies, or very similar to Victorinox and Wenger Swiss Army Knives.
That should be an interesting challenge. Regarding your earlier post on lockbacks, it sounds like a Schrade SP2 could be right up your alley.
Thanks!

I actually have one of those, as well as the 3OT. The 3OT is decent, but the SP2 is a little rough, and I suspect may have been a second (there is a very deep, engraved dot in the back side of the blade). I don't use them as much as the Gerber, as like I said before, the Gerber is still being made, and affordable.
TPK

Post by TPK »

Decided I need to buy more Victorinox Classic Limited Editions. They go up in value very well over here. ::tu::

Bough this one. I'm not much for winter or skiing but I do like the design of this one. And I'm pretty sure that it will be sought after in the near future. ::nod:: Problem would be parting with it. Guess I need two of them. One to keep & one to sell. :mrgreen:
Attachments
s-l1600 - 2021-09-06T091817.060.jpg
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Not a knife but I've been wanting one of these for quite a while. Ordered it this morning.
Attachments
mail.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:22 pm Not a knife but I've been wanting one of these for quite a while. Ordered it this morning.
::rotflol:: Ain't it the truth.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

TPK wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:29 pm Decided I need to buy more Victorinox Classic Limited Editions. They go up in value very well over here. ::tu::

Bough this one. I'm not much for winter or skiing but I do like the design of this one. And I'm pretty sure that it will be sought after in the near future. ::nod:: Problem would be parting with it. Guess I need two of them. One to keep & one to sell. :mrgreen:
::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: Cool looking SAKs Tom. Literally :D

Smitty
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

TPK wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:29 pm Decided I need to buy more Victorinox Classic Limited Editions. They go up in value very well over here. ::tu::

That's cool, Tom. Thanks for the heads up. ::handshake::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
TPK

Post by TPK »

Papa Bones wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:54 pm

::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: Cool looking SAKs Tom. Literally :D
Thanks Smitty! Appreciate your comments Buddy! ::handshake:: ::nod::
1967redrider wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:06 am

That's cool, Tom. Thanks for the heads up. ::handshake::
No Problem! ::handshake:: Thought you might like that desing. ::super_happy::

This design will go up in value like a rocket over here I'm sure! ::nod:: I need to get another one of these as soon as I can! They are almost sold out. ::nod:: They cost me 23-25€ shipped right now & will be worth 80-100€ in two or three years. That's better than most stocks! ::hmm:: ::super_happy:: I have thought about this before but I must really start investing more money in Victorinox Classic Limited Edition knives. There are a lot of collectors for them here right now, which drives the prices up pretty quick. Will it still be that way in 5 years? I don't know but it's worth a shot to try and see. ::hmm:: Worst case..., I'll have a nice looking collection of Victorinox Classic Limited Edition knives. :lol:

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Why? Do I really need a reason? For some unknown reason, it spoke to me. I think it was the blade profile talking, plus it wasn't much money. Soooo now one is coming to live with me. I may have a change of heart once I get it in hand but for now it appeased a mild case of the wanna's.
Attachments
Rough Rider RR2258 Bull Frog - Labeled.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Jerry there is nothing wrong with the wanna's.
I ordered this Old Timer 19OT just because I wanna replace the one I gave away.
71Bbpq7-6wL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Ha! The "wanna's" are what put us all here! :D Two cool knives gentlemen..
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

dlr110 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:38 pm Jerry there is nothing wrong with the wanna's.
Now see what ya done did? Ya made me go and order one of those. Yer a baaaad influence Charlie Brown. ::facepalm:: (or maybe I'm just a weak person)
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:22 pm Not a knife but I've been wanting one of these for quite a while. Ordered it this morning.
Ain't it the truth!!! :D
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:17 pmYer a baaaad influence Charlie Brown. ::facepalm:: (or maybe I'm just a weak person)
Me thinks we already know the answer to that . . . .
::poke::

::stir::

:-P
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Cool scales, like that better than standard red. And if they go up in price like that, you won't be sorry. Good score. Congrats.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

royal0014 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:16 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:17 pmYer a baaaad influence Charlie Brown. ::facepalm:: (or maybe I'm just a weak person)
Me thinks we already know the answer to that . . . .
::poke::

::stir::

:-P
Probably. :mrgreen:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

dlr110 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:38 pm Jerry there is nothing wrong with the wanna's.
I have the predecesor to that, the Taylor Landshark (or something like that). I really like the blade pattern of that knife.

I normally don't buy Chinese Schrades, but I think I'll give that one an exception to the rule due to the fact that the Taylor I have is in well used (and poor) condition.
TPK

Post by TPK »

Ivoryman wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:26 pm

Cool scales, like that better than standard red. And if they go up in price like that, you won't be sorry. Good score. Congrats.
Thanks I-Man! ::handshake:: Appreciate your comments Buddy! ::nod:: ::super_happy::

TPK

Post by TPK »

Looks nice David! ::tu:: ::nod::

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:56 am Why? Do I really need a reason? For some unknown reason, it spoke to me. I think it was the blade profile talking, plus it wasn't much money. Soooo now one is coming to live with me. I may have a change of heart once I get it in hand but for now it appeased a mild case of the wanna's.
Cool looking knife Jerry!! ::tu:: You should name him Jeremiah!! ::nod::

Nice one David! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::

Smitty
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Finally got a CV Yellow Delrin Copperhead. Shepherd Hills had a today-only sale marking it down to $45, and that was enough to get the price and shipping down to the average price for just the knife. My local knife store is always out of stock with them when I have the money. I will probably be adding a bone version when they do have them again. The Yellow Delrin I chose as my user when Case announced the pattern.

The regular listing for the Yellow CV Copperhead shows "Currently on Backorder" so who knows how long it will be until I actually get it. I had some compact fencing bolt cutters I'd bought last week. They are German-made and were on backorder at the time from the place in KS I bought it from. The place I ordered it from said they wouldn't be getting them until the 14th. That was later changed to the 22nd; which made more sense to me. Surprisingly, they're out for delivery on the 11th.

30119.jpg
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

cody6268 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:25 pm Finally got a CV Yellow Delrin Copperhead.
The yellow Delrin is a great choice for a carrier, in my opinion. I want to augment my 3137 and 3318 with a 32131 and maybe a Muskrat...but those aren't in current production, apparently.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Papa Bones wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:28 am Nice one David!
TPK wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:14 pm Looks nice David!
Thank you Smitty and Tom.
I thought I would stay with the Schrade's for a while and ordered the Old Timer 194OT
I really do like the single blade folding knives best.
Attachments
815rlF2R8nL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

cody6268 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:25 pm Finally got a CV Yellow Delrin Copperhead. Shepherd Hills had a today-only sale marking it down to $45, and that was enough to get the price and shipping down to the average price for just the knife. My local knife store is always out of stock with them when I have the money. I will probably be adding a bone version when they do have them again. The Yellow Delrin I chose as my user when Case announced the pattern.

The regular listing for the Yellow CV Copperhead shows "Currently on Backorder" so who knows how long it will be until I actually get it. I had some compact fencing bolt cutters I'd bought last week. They are German-made and were on backorder at the time from the place in KS I bought it from. The place I ordered it from said they wouldn't be getting them until the 14th. That was later changed to the 22nd; which made more sense to me. Surprisingly, they're out for delivery on the 11th.

30119.jpg

I like the looks of that! I carry a Case CV Yellow Delrin "Peanut" at all times. I'll be darned if it isn't always the handiest knife around!
TPK

Post by TPK »

cody6268 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:25 pm Finally got a CV Yellow Delrin Copperhead. Shepherd Hills had a today-only sale marking it down to $45, and that was enough to get the price and shipping down to the average price for just the knife. My local knife store is always out of stock with them when I have the money. I will probably be adding a bone version when they do have them again. The Yellow Delrin I chose as my user when Case announced the pattern.

Sweet addition Cody! ::tu:: Looks great, I like it! ::nod:: ::super_happy:: And, I find the color of those handles looks much nicer in hand ✋ than on any picture. Pictures just don't do them justice. ::nod::

TPK

Post by TPK »

dlr110 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:03 am
Papa Bones wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:28 am Nice one David!
TPK wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:14 pm Looks nice David!
Thank you Smitty and Tom.
I thought I would stay with the Schrade's for a while and ordered the Old Timer 194OT
I really do like the single blade folding knives best.
Nice addition again David! ::tu:: I don't have any China made Schrades yet. How do you find the fit & finish on them? ::hmm::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”