It's In The Mail

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Dan In MI

Re: It's In The Mail

Post by Dan In MI »

Steve Warden wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:19 pm He mailed my belt and the USPS decided it had to go to Florida first!
::dang:: That was standard operating procedure a year ago. Generally speaking, they have gotten better since.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Dan In MI wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:33 pm
Steve Warden wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:19 pm He mailed my belt and the USPS decided it had to go to Florida first!
::dang:: That was standard operating procedure a year ago. Generally speaking, they have gotten better since.
Nope. This was only a couple of months ago.
About 6-8 weeks ago I sent a package to an address 45 minutes away (I'm in New Jersey). Tracking showed it going through Denver, CO.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
TPK

Post by TPK »

Dan In MI wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:09 pm Lofs of nice items making their way through the mail and common carriers' systems!

Tom, I think your Trapper might be a 2018...but whatever the year, it's a great choice for your first yellow Case. Jerry's Mini Trapper has some nice-looking bones. I have one of the mugs like Steve ordered, and it holds quite a bit of coffee...I can also see it being a great shaving mug. Nice Stockman, too.

My order from Einhorn LLC (Rossr) was inducted into the USPS system today. A much-needed new belt, a slip for a Case Peanut, and a sheath for a Case Sod Buster Jr. Man alive, are these gonna be great!
:shock: Man! That's some super cool leather work! ::tu:: I especially like that peanut slip! That's sweet! ::nod:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
TPK

Post by TPK »

::groove:: I found and picked up another used Case! ::ds:: Two used Cases in a weeks time! ::groove::

This will be my first Texas Toothpick. Not sure if I like this patern but I will soon find out. Anyways, it's a Case! ::super_happy:: Gotta find out what the length of it is. ::hmm:: Looks like about 3". ::shrug::

Thanks for looking friends! ::handshake:: :D
Attachments
s-l1600 - 2021-05-16T191518.755.jpg
s-l1600 - 2021-05-16T191446.203.jpg
s-l1600 - 2021-05-16T191435.054.jpg
s-l1600 - 2021-05-16T191421.736.jpg
s-l1600 - 2021-05-16T191402.834.jpg
s-l1600 - 2021-05-16T191347.927.jpg

Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

TPK wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:23 pm That's some super cool leather work!
As always, Tom, I thank you for the kind words! I'm very pleased with Ross' work, and can highly recommend it. Though if I start toting a bunch of different pattern around, it'll be more practical to do my own leather work.

Your little Toothpick is about three inches long. I hope you'll like it okay. But I suspect you're like me in one respect: I like just about any knife bearing the Case name.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
TPK

Post by TPK »

Dan In MI wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:51 pm
TPK wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:23 pm That's some super cool leather work!
As always, Tom, I thank you for the kind words! I'm very pleased with Ross' work, and can highly recommend it. Though if I start toting a bunch of different pattern around, it'll be more practical to do my own leather work.

Your little Toothpick is about three inches long. I hope you'll like it okay. But I suspect you're like me in one respect: I like just about any knife bearing the Case name.
::nod:: :lol: ::nod::

2007??? ::hmm:: ::shrug::

Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

TPK wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:53 pm 2007???
Sure looks like it.
USN 2000-2006
TPK

Post by TPK »

Dan In MI wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:55 pm
TPK wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:53 pm 2007???
Sure looks like it.
Cool! Birthyear of my youngest daughter. ::super_happy::

Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

Bulldog Mini Trapper w/broken chain scales, 2005
Neat lil trapper, couldn't resist. Seller called the scales "broken chain" (no idea where that name came from) and noted them as being plastic.
But a google search has these listed as celluloid. ::uc:: If they are celluloid, do you think they'll be stable, or the ticking time bomb type ?? Guess I'll have to do the sniff test when it arrives !

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Expect to have this H&R by end of the week. I hope the stag is as good as it appears in the picture.
s-l1600.jpg
My collection of H&R stag and Mother of Pearl has now has grown only by a couple of knives since the first of the year. I find it difficult to find quality knives at a reasonable price. Prices have dramatically increased over the last year, especially for stag (deer stag).
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

::ds:: I've been wanting one of Eric Albers knives for a long time now. I could never get to his site or respond fast enough to get one. Well, late last night, I received his email notification of 'new' knives. I immediately went there and, low and behold, I got my choice of six knives. I don't know if these are 'one off's' or if he made several of each, but I got one. ::groove:: I feel like a kid in a candy store...I got me an Albers knife. ::ds::

Here's the one I chose. Can't wait to get it. It's a beauty, as were all of them.

Asian Ironwood Burl
Attachments
AlbersCutleryAsianIronwoodBurl_1024x1024@2x.jpg
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I was offered one of these much cheaper used than the near $40 they are to have custom 3D printed on Shapeways, so I accepted. That allowed me to even after purchasing the hardware to install it, and the Leatherman MUT belt cutter blade (which screws into it); I have less than what it would've been for just the hammer in everything. The Leatherman Signal and MUT both offer a hammer at the butt end of the tool. BUT they are way too heavy. The Skeletool has always been a bit light on function despite nearly the same weight as the PST/PST II and Rebar. With this part installed, it will still come out as being lighter, while also allowing me to use bits with the Skeletool closed. It also features a pry tool, and the hook shape formed by the oxygen tank key and the pry tip should also be great for pulling out pins on equipment. With the hardware included, this screws into the space behind the carabiner clip.

Leatherman Skeletool "Rescue" hammer. This version was chosen due to the MUT's cutter blade, which has handy to save wear and tear on the regular knife blade; as packaging and baler twine causes lots of wear.
710x528_31742250_16592352_1590861909_1_0.png
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

KLJ77 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:45 pm Can't wait to get it. It's a beauty.
Yes indeed it is!
cody6268 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:06 pm Packaging and baler twine causes lots of wear.
That clamshell stuff? ::barf:: I detest such packaging. Hopefully the Buck 112 I just ordered will be in a proper box. I know the Victorinox Bantam and Fisherman that accompany it will be. If the Sack-Ups is in a clamshell (which I doubt), no biggie.

These two should be here on Friday.
20210526_221809.jpg
USN 2000-2006
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

KLJ77 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:45 pm ::ds:: I've been wanting one of Eric Albers knives for a long time now. I could never get to his site or respond fast enough to get one. Well, late last night, I received his email notification of 'new' knives. I immediately went there and, low and behold, I got my choice of six knives. I don't know if these are 'one off's' or if he made several of each, but I got one. ::groove:: I feel like a kid in a candy store...I got me an Albers knife. ::ds::

Here's the one I chose. Can't wait to get it. It's a beauty, as were all of them.

Asian Ironwood Burl
Dang LJ, that's a beautiful knife. Congrats and show us some more pic's when you get it. ::tu::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
TPK

Post by TPK »

KLJ77 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:45 pm ::ds:: I've been wanting one of Eric Albers knives for a long time now. I could never get to his site or respond fast enough to get one. Well, late last night, I received his email notification of 'new' knives. I immediately went there and, low and behold, I got my choice of six knives. I don't know if these are 'one off's' or if he made several of each, but I got one. ::groove:: I feel like a kid in a candy store...I got me an Albers knife. ::ds::

Asian Ironwood Burl
Lot of beautiful knives being posted here! Congrats everyone! ::handshake:: :D

Very nice looking piece of cutlery LJ! ::tu:: Congrats Buddy! ::handshake:: I'm happy you could get one you have been after for a while! ::super_happy:: ::nod::

TPK

Post by TPK »

Picked up a nice old school Böker Solingen in my sleep. ::tu:: ::super_happy::
Thanks for looking friends! :D
Attachments
s-l1600 - 2021-05-27T194853.918.jpg
s-l1600 - 2021-05-27T194811.206.jpg

woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

TPK wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:48 am Picked up a nice old school Böker Solingen in my sleep. ::tu:: ::super_happy::
Nice one Tom! Your picking up some good ones as of late! Congratts! Enjoy! :)
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

TPK wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:48 am Picked up a nice old school Böker Solingen in my sleep. ::tu:: ::super_happy::
The bone on that one is fantastic, Tom! Beauty! ::tu::
TPK

Post by TPK »

toomanyknives wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:35 pm
The bone on that one is fantastic, Tom! Beauty! ::tu::
woodwalker wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:08 pm
Nice one Tom! Your picking up some good ones as of late! Congratts! Enjoy! :)
Thanks guys! ::handshake::

It's from the same seller I just bought my TESTED Era Case from. Made him an offer on both knives & he accepted both of my offers. ::tu:: Paying €27,50 ($ 33,55) shipped for this Böker. ::tu::
Good deal! ::super_happy::

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

WOW........ you should nap more often if your finding knives that nice in your sleep. ::tu:: ::tu:: Beautiful piece Tom. Congrats. ::clapping:: ::handshake::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Tom, keep 'em coming. You've been on a hot streak lately!
USN 2000-2006
TPK

Post by TPK »

Dan In MI wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:46 am Tom, keep 'em coming. You've been on a hot streak lately!
Papa Bones wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:24 pm
WOW........ you should nap more often if your finding knives that nice in your sleep. ::tu:: ::tu:: Beautiful piece Tom. Congrats. ::clapping:: ::handshake::
Thanks Smitty & Dan! ::handshake:: Appreciate your comments gentlemen! ::nod:: :D
Got my eyes on two more beautiful knives :shock: , just worried about getting in trouble with my wife if I keep buying knives every couple of days. ::hmm:: It's all in the timing fior me. ::nod:: I think. :mrgreen:

Gotta give her enough time to kinda forget that I just bought some but not too much time because I have to buy the next ones before the other ones show up in the mail and remind her that I just bought some other knives. At least that's my theory of mind. :mrgreen: And sometimes, once in a while, I have to take a time out for a week or two just to let my funds catch up on all my knife spending. ::doh::

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

TPK wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:32 am
Dan In MI wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:46 am Tom, keep 'em coming. You've been on a hot streak lately!
Papa Bones wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:24 pm
Thanks Smitty & Dan! ::handshake:: Appreciate your comments gentlemen! ::nod:: :D
Got my eyes on two more beautiful knives :shock: , just worried about getting in trouble with my wife if I keep buying knives every couple of days. ::hmm:: It's all in the timing fior me. ::nod:: I think. :mrgreen:

Gotta give her enough time to kinda forget that I just bought some but not too much time because I have to buy the next ones before the other ones show up in the mail and remind her that I just bought some other knives. At least that's my theory of mind. :mrgreen: And sometimes, once in a while, I have to take a time out for a week or two just to let my funds catch up on all my knife spending. ::doh::
Yeah..... ya kinda have to space them out. ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

TPK wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:32 am Just worried about getting in trouble with my wife if I keep buying knives every couple of days.
Maybe buy her something nice, or just take a little longer spending break? Just don't neglect other needs!
USN 2000-2006
TPK

Post by TPK »

Dan In MI wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:05 pm
TPK wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:32 am Just worried about getting in trouble with my wife if I keep buying knives every couple of days.
Maybe buy her something nice, or just take a little longer spending break? Just don't neglect other needs!
::tu:: :wink:

Return to “General Knife Discussion”