It's In The Mail

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: It's In The Mail

Post by jerryd6818 »

If Shepherd Hills ships tomorrow, I should have this Mini-Trapper before the end of the week.
Attachments
Case 2015 Mini-Trapper 6207W SS Bose-Reid Carmel-Natural Bone Magician.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Won this Case 11031 SHCC last night. Sellars pic.
Attachments
s-l1600 (5).jpg
David
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

DM11 wrote:Won this Case 11031 SHCC last night. Sellars pic.
Nice!!!! I would love to have a Case Loom Fixer to go with the Ka-Bar.

Well sugar. Looks like it's not a Loom Fixer after all.

"*Another knife with this 31 pattern number is a 3 3/4″ jack knife that most refer to as a whaler or navy knife. They have a single sheepfoot blade, and usually have the letters SH following the pattern number. They all have walnut handles and were produced without rear bolsters. Case began manufacturing this knife sometime prior to 1940, and discontinued it in the 70′s."
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

jerryd6818 wrote:
DM11 wrote:Won this Case 11031 SHCC last night. Sellars pic.
Nice!!!! I would love to have a Case Loom Fixer to go with the Ka-Bar.

Well sugar. Looks like it's not a Loom Fixer after all.

"*Another knife with this 31 pattern number is a 3 3/4″ jack knife that most refer to as a whaler or navy knife. They have a single sheepfoot blade, and usually have the letters SH following the pattern number. They all have walnut handles and were produced without rear bolsters. Case began manufacturing this knife sometime prior to 1940, and discontinued it in the 70′s."
I hope you find one to go with your Ka-Bar Jerry. ::tu:: It would be nice to find a good Case Loom Fixer some day. Till then this one will do for now. :)
David
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

The 06 sickness still has a hold of me. Had to get the set.
Attachments
s249847959340461643_p1078_i5_w2049.jpeg
s249847959340461643_p1079_i12_w2049.jpeg
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Tsar Bomba wrote:The 06 sickness still has a hold of me. Had to get the set.
::tu:: Have the Crusader in hand but still waiting on delivery of my Caribbean. Very neat little knives.
Trace
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Oh yes Tsar! You are making me reeeel sick right now. I think i have to lie down right now. My head is swimming, what to do. The only cure, buy myself a set. Only problem, have to buy glasses tomorrow. At least they have a 2 for 1 on, so it wont hurt as much. I still feel for the two that have to solder on at the dealers... ::teary_eyes::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
eveled

Post by eveled »

Went on a Loom Fixer Bender these all arrived this week. A KaBar a Case and two Rough Riders. The back one with the bail is a rope knife but has the same shaped handle.
2A0A2185-E5B6-4176-9175-2C0C3C32931B.jpeg
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

Never thought I would buy a vintage Case, but this one spoke to me. Looking forward to dropping it in my pocket.
aapkCaseXX.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Kris, 1970 stockman, right ?
It is a beautiful knife. The stag is outstanding and makes this knife 'stand out' from all those around it. I do not collect Case but i certainly would collect this knife.
Ebay or a private sale ? Are there any others almost as fine ?
kj
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

kootenay joe wrote:Kris, 1970 stockman, right ?
It is a beautiful knife. The stag is outstanding and makes this knife 'stand out' from all those around it. I do not collect Case but i certainly would collect this knife.
Ebay or a private sale ? Are there any others almost as fine ?
kj
Thanks Roland, yep it is a 1970. Picked this one from the AAPK store, Alan P. of GHM knives, he has a few beauties, priced accordingly.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Montanaman wrote:Never thought I would buy a vintage Case, but this one spoke to me. Looking forward to dropping it in my pocket.

aapkCaseXX.jpg
That's a very nice case. I bought a nice schrade from that seller's ebay store before, had a little knife discussion with him as well. Pretty friendly fellow.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

" AAPK store, Alan P. of GHM knives"
Thanks i will have a look at his knives. The AAPK store is becoming one of the best sites anywhere for finding collectible knives in top condition at reasonable prices. It might take over from ebay as the place for knives.
kj
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

kootenay joe wrote:The AAPK store is becoming one of the best sites anywhere for finding collectible knives in top condition at reasonable prices. It might take over from ebay as the place for knives.
kj
I couldn't agree more, I feel most sellers in the store are honest.
KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:That's a very nice case. I bought a nice schrade from that seller's ebay store before, had a little knife discussion with him as well. Pretty friendly fellow.
Thanks Paul, I looked back through some of his posts so I could get an idea of who I was dealing with, Alan seemed pretty knowledgeable.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

It's coming... ::ds::
Attachments
ts4a.JPG
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Toolzall Pocket Pro. Back in the 1990s, and into the 2000s (before Crescent production got outsourced to China), Bear and Sons made a range of badge-engineered Bear Jaws models for them. Off the top of my head there was the Toolzall (Bear Jaws), Maintenance Pro (Gardener-based, but exclusive to Crescent, in that it has a file in place of the Gardener's weeder, or the Sportsman's bird hook), Toolzall Pro (Super Bear Jaws) and Electrician Pro (Electrician). It was only $5, but the seller wanted $6 shipping (flat rate, and they had nothing else I would want). Still though, cheap for something that's sort of scarce. I've noticed Toolzalls in general are getting harder and harder to find, and the Pocket Pro was one of the poorest sellers.

As a user, this little guy should be pretty handy, especially as backup to one of the simpler Swiss Army knives.

s-l1600_TPP_3.jpg
s-l1600_TPP_2.jpg
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Also on the way...
Attachments
GE828318NC-1.jpg
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

My GEC 82 stag Dixie has become my EDC and I've been watching as the numbers of the other variants available at dealers slowly dwindle. Who knows when if ever there will be another run. So now I have one of each of the other variants headed my way from CK.
Pics on arrival.
Trace
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before. ::hmm::
There is what appears to be a full bladed Pal cattle knife and best I can tell, a full bladed 6225 1/2 with a XX stamp headed to Starvation Plantation. Learning to wade around in the muddy end of the "Bay". :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

That stockman looks real good Tsar!
Great find cody! She'll make a great edc... ::tu::
You're like me Tsar, all googly eyes over warnclifs. Gimmie warnies... :mrgreen:
Oooooo' montanaman. That's some yummy looking stag... ::drool::
Here's me latest pickup and super lucky to boot,
Mint vintage Queen 1976 #19 Winterbottom bone trapper with original box.
Why she's lucky find,
Queen only used this stamp 1 year (1976).
I didn't know that when i bought it. Looking afterwards, i knew that stamp was fishy. Went and looked in my queen book. Sure enough, she's a great find... ::ds::
Happy Happy Happy!
Attachments
Q19WBT001.jpg
Q19WBT002.jpg
Q19WBT003.jpg
Q19WBT004.jpg
Q19WBT005.jpg
Q19WBT006.jpg
Q19WBT007.jpg
Q19WBT008.jpg
Q19WBT009.jpg
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Rotten wrote:My GEC 82 stag Dixie has become my EDC and I've been watching as the numbers of the other variants available at dealers slowly dwindle. Who knows when if ever there will be another run. So now I have one of each of the other variants headed my way from CK.
Pics on arrival.
The 82 is so great, either for edc or just collecting. I got all the ones I wanted from this run, but now I have an eye out for older ones. The good thing about it being a small run is that it was easy to get all you want.

The possum skinner is a pretty neat knife too and I really understand it's appeal being so slim, but I know I'd never use it since I have the stockman. I need less user knives not more.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

WillyCamaro wrote:That stockman looks real good Tsar!
You're like me Tsar, all googly eyes over warnclifs. Gimmie warnies... :mrgreen:
My 2 latest acquisitions are going to do daily battle for a place in my LFP. I guess it will depend on how much of a pocket bulge I can deal with. :lol:
WillyCamaro wrote:Here's me latest pickup and super lucky to boot,
Mint vintage Queen 1976 #19 Winterbottom bone trapper with original box.
Why she's lucky find,
Queen only used this stamp 1 year (1976).
That is a grail find for me, as well as a '76 Winterbottom bone Barlow. I almost cringe thinking what it might have set you back... ::paranoid::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

You want to know???
I'll give you a hint...
It starts with 5 and ends with 0
::sneaky::
Winston Churchill

Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

WillyCamaro wrote:You want to know???
I'll give you a hint...
It starts with 5 and ends with 0
::sneaky::
That better be all there is on this side of the decimal point or I'm gonna be a depressed knifer... ::disgust::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Well i am the one to deliver the sad news,
there are no more 0's attached... ::teary_eyes::
Man, i could of wrecked your day... ::uc:: Oh well, there is always next time... ::sotb::
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Winston Churchill

Return to “General Knife Discussion”