It's In The Mail

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: It's In The Mail

Post by jerryd6818 »

Tracking says Tuesday for this one but given all the information available, it could very well make the Saturday mail delivery (dang ::dang:: I probably just jinxed it).
Case 2019 Mini-Trapper 6207 SS Decade Finale Bright Green Smooth Bone - No Price.jpg
Copper & Clad finally got off their dead keisters and shipped this one so I'll be looking for it Tuesday as well. (it's only coming from Missouri)
Buck Spitfire 722BLSSH Blue.jpg

Come to think about it, they're both coming out of Missouri. ::hmm::

Edit: Wait a minute. I kept thinking Monday is the holiday and it's not. ::dang:: They should be here Monday. ::ds::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Corso

Post by Corso »

no idea about this one but it was cheap and I needed a single blade sheffield knife
il_1140xN.2151083504_4rkr.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Corso wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:16 pm no idea about this one but it was cheap and I needed a single blade sheffield knife

Looks like it might have said "Fruit Knife" and someone rubbed off the 'F' and the 'K'. Looks pretty clean though. Nice carry knife.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Corso

Post by Corso »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:26 pm
Corso wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:16 pm no idea about this one but it was cheap and I needed a single blade sheffield knife

Looks like it might have said "Fruit Knife" and someone rubbed off the 'F' and the 'K'. Looks pretty clean though. Nice carry knife.

i'm told it is a Walker & Co of Sheffield from the 1930
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I have been meaning to expand my Schrade USA one-hand openers from two Cliphangers (CH-3 and CH-7) and a 55OT Bruin EXT. I just won this one on eBay for $20. It looks virtually unused. Primarily focusing on Old Timers; I know almost nothing about most of Schrade's "Newer Models, pre-2005" aside from Tough Tools and had to look it up here.This is my first USA Schrade to have a conventional "pocket clip" as my CH-7 has the accessory steel pocket clip on it that is removable; which I found a bunch of cheap and the knife was missing the lanyard anyway.

Schrade USA SQ424 Silhouette; produced 2003-2004. It's 3" closed with a 2 7/8 blade. Just enough knife. Looks like it was never used. I have noticed that most of the more modern designs Schrade put out seem to sell at very low prices.
s-l1600.jpgSS1.jpg
s-l1600.jpgSSQ2.jpg
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I got this cosmetically-imperfect (repaired pin crack, very slight wobble on spey blade) Utica-made Moore Maker double lockback coming from the company that they send their seconds to. Only cost me $40 shipped. at 3 3 3/4" closed, it's a good size. I like double lockbacks for some reason. I'm still not sure whether I want to put away, or use this one. Provided, this pattern normally is a little over $90 once shipping from MM is included.

Apparently, Moore Maker always has 5% more made over the run's regular size to allow for defects; which are culled and then sold on eBay through Moore Marketing, which is a separate, but related firm. So far, I haven't seen any Queens yet. I'm keeping my eye out; as the factory leftover Trapper I have is a little rough due to never having gone through any QC, being mostly (but not completely) finished; as it was not buffed or sharpened.
s-l1600UMM5213UDLB1.jpg
s-l1600UMM5213UDLB2.jpg
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

I won one of Jeff's best offer sales, this big brown beauty will soon be on its way!
Attachments
44460_1.JPG
44460_4.JPG
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Tsar Bomba wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:22 am I won one of Jeff's best offer sales, this big brown beauty will soon be on its way!
Love the bone on that one! He does a really good job with his 23 rebuilds. They make the pattern what it should be; not the cheap ad knife Camillus treated it as.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Klein Tools 44038. Klein stopped offering it several years ago, and until recently, still had it listed. I found an ironworker tool place had it in stock; and I bookmarked it. Surprised over a year later, they still had it. The description shows it has clip and pen blades, thus making it a Jack, and Klein did make quite a few of those. I think it is made by Kutmaster, but could be Camillus seeing as how it's old stock; and the handles look awfully like their "Indian Stag" Delrin.

Yet, the photo shows a Medium Stockman. Either way, I like the looks of it, and it only cost $25. Way better looking than the fake wood TL-29s, EOs, and hawkbills I have several of.
Klein 44038-2.jpg
TPK

Post by TPK »

Tsar Bomba wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:22 am I won one of Jeff's best offer sales, this big brown beauty will soon be on its way!
Congrats! Great looking knife TB! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
TPK

Post by TPK »

cody6268 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:54 pm Klein Tools 44038. Klein stopped offering it several years ago, and until recently, still had it listed. I found an ironworker tool place had it in stock; and I bookmarked it. Surprised over a year later, they still had it. The description shows it has clip and pen blades, thus making it a Jack, and Klein did make quite a few of those. I think it is made by Kutmaster, but could be Camillus seeing as how it's old stock; and the handles look awfully like their "Indian Stag" Delrin.

Yet, the photo shows a Medium Stockman. Either way, I like the looks of it, and it only cost $25. Way better looking than the fake wood TL-29s, EOs, and hawkbills I have several of.

Klein 44038-2.jpg
Nice find Cody! I like it! ::tu:: :D

TPK

Post by TPK »

Been wanting several SAK's for some time now. Finally picked up one of them today on eBay. ::tu::

Eat your heart out Q! :wink: LOL! :lol: :mrgreen:
Attachments
s-l1600 (22).jpg
s-l1600 (23).jpg

cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

TPK wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:02 pm
cody6268 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:54 pm Klein Tools 44038. Klein stopped offering it several years ago, and until recently, still had it listed. I found an ironworker tool place had it in stock; and I bookmarked it. Surprised over a year later, they still had it. The description shows it has clip and pen blades, thus making it a Jack, and Klein did make quite a few of those. I think it is made by Kutmaster, but could be Camillus seeing as how it's old stock; and the handles look awfully like their "Indian Stag" Delrin.

Klein 44038-2.jpg
Nice find Cody! I like it! ::tu:: :D
Thanks. I think it is actually the two blade now. 44040 is what the photo shows. From the few places that had them, I found i it's about $10 more expensive (but still, $35 isn't bad); but I may get it to go with this one since they match. Bascially, it's like the 33OT and 34OT from Schrade. Same frame, same main blades, just one's a two-blade jack, the other three-blade.

But, I still don't know what I'll get until it shows up in my mailbox. So, now the wait.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

In the works. These two should be delivered tomorrow. ::pray::

This was such a steal & deal, I couldn't pass it up. Maybe I'll use it as a gift someday or maybe I'll .....................?? Heck I don't know. It was a steal & deal. I couldn't pass it up.
s-l1600.jpg
Steve (knifeaholic) accepted my best offer for this 1971 6214½ & it will be added to my little pile of medium jacks. Thanks Steve.
Case 1971 9 Dot Medium Jack 6214 ½.jpg
This one was bought on Saturday the 4th of July and shipped from TUSCUMBIA, AL 35674 on Monday the 6th. Tracking said "DEPART POST OFFICE TUSCUMBIA, AL 35674" on Monday the 6th and still says that. I just hate when the USPS does that. It's a RR Mini-Trapper with a peace sign shield. Now who could resist that?
RR.jpg
This lot of three knives was advertised as "Case Knife Double XX And 2 Other Knifes Lot " As you can see, there's a Case Peanut, a Craftsman jack about the same size as the peanut and I'll just have to wait and see what the Scout knife is. The lot was purchased on Wed. July 8th and doesn't show that it's been shipped. ::shrug::
s-l1601.jpg
Oops. I almost forgot to include this Case 2019 Mini Copperhead 62109W with Antique Bone Barnboard handles. It was bought yesterday and USPS tracking says it's on the way with estimated delivery on Wednesday. I'm speculating delivery on Tuesday.
Case 2019 Mini Copperhead 62109W Antique Bone Barnboard - Mark Open.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Really nice lot there! I love the nail nick and swedge on the Craftsman. The Peanut is a solid knife--I have one in my pocket today.

I am supporting my local small businesses, both in-person, and online.This time, my local knife store (New Graham Knives), and not SMKW, got an order.

I ordered two 48-knife cases (they had no photos) to store some piling up new additions (mostly since they're all bigger folders that need two straps, and these cases, using two straps, only store 24 knives) and a Buck Large Vantage; the base 420HC model. Been wanting to try this one for ages, and I want to support local business. It's under $30, and I'm wanting something a bit heavier duty than my 285 Bantam BLW. The knife store is in the center of town, which also borders the state line (and Mercer County, WV's cases of COVID, as well as my own in VA have exploded); and I really don't want to risk going to densely packed places yet. I usually order for carside pickup, or online, but when I do go into a store, I chose a standalone store that isn't often packed during non-peak hours.

large-bu345bks.jpg
Corso

Post by Corso »

In the mail and I can't wait!

JOSEPH ELLIOT & SONS 3" Whittler
il_794xN_2456014001_rlfr.jpg
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Just grabbed this off the AAPK store.
49.jpg
Trace
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Trace, those S&M Keystone knives are some fine, fine knives. Good choice!! ::tu::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:18 pm Trace, those S&M Keystone knives are some fine, fine knives. Good choice!! ::tu::
Thank you Jerry. I only have one other 49, an ACSB with D2, and have been looking to add another and couldn't pass this one up.
Trace
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

It’s in the mail alright, Today is the 14th and they aren’t even bothering to update the USPS tracker anymore. Last knife before this one took ten days for a priority mail flat rate box to get here - USPS has always been squirrelly and indifferent, now they simply suck. OH

July 11, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

July 7, 2020, 9:30 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
DETROIT MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 7, 2020, 5:31 pm
Departed Post Office
EASTPOINTE, MI 48021

July 7, 2020, 11:06 am
USPS in possession of item
EASTPOINTE, MI 48021

July 6, 2020, 3:36 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
ROSEVILLE, MI 48066
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I hear ya Colonel. One that I got yesterday didn't show any movement until AFTER it had been delivered. It's software, it's automatic. What the........?

Jul 13, 2020
8:22am
ARRIVAL AT UNIT
ROCKFORD, IL 61125

Jul 6, 2020
6:32pm
DEPART POST OFFICE
TUSCUMBIA, AL 35674

Jul 6, 2020
1:59pm
PICKED UP
TUSCUMBIA, AL 35674

Jul 6, 2020
2:01am
PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
RUSSELLVILLE, AL 35653
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Well I picked up a 6.5207w the other day. So then I said to myself, "Self" and I knew it was me because I recognized my voice, You need a 07W that only has one blade. So I found this one and it should be here Thursday. A 2002 6107w in fire engine red.
6107w.png
6107w2.png
6107w3.png
6107w4.png
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Smitty, you're a goner now. You're on your way out buddy but at least you have good taste. ::handshake::

That little lot of three I was whining about above has finally reached Illinois and may even be out for delivery tomorrow. ::pray::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:49 am Smitty, you're a goner now. You're on your way out buddy but at least you have good taste. ::handshake::

That little lot of three I was whining about above has finally reached Illinois and may even be out for delivery tomorrow. ::pray::
Yeah, I've been catching up on reading through threads. I was gone visiting relatives for the past week and a half. Just read about your three. Hope they arrive safely. The post office and whoever updates the tracking have been doing some screwie updates, or should I say lack there of. Not to mention that in some of the larger cities down here in the south like Atlanta GA, and Birmingham AL, seem to have multiple processing points. I had one package coming to me that took three days to go through Birmingham. The bad thing is I live almost ecactly half way between Atlanta and Birmingham. Many times a package will come through Atlanta, straight past where I'm located to Birmingham to be processed 65 miles back east. ::dang::

Hope your package is ready to drop!!
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Corso

Post by Corso »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:10 pm I hear ya Colonel. One that I got yesterday didn't show any movement until AFTER it had been delivered. It's software, it's automatic. What the........?
Old Hunter wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:29 am It’s in the mail alright, Today is the 14th and they aren’t even bothering to update the USPS tracker anymore. Last knife before this one took ten days for a priority mail flat rate box to get here - USPS has always been squirrelly and indifferent, now they simply suck. OH
I'm reassured its as bad a system for you guys as it is for me

I've an imperial on its way to me that bypassed Chicago airport and according to the website has been sitting in a post office for 2 weeks!

Where as the sender can show me it moving around in the system. Heaven knows when it'll actually get on a plane though...

Return to “General Knife Discussion”