It's In The Mail

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
RCMsocal

Re: It's In The Mail

Post by RCMsocal »

Missed out on the Mudbug today. Waiting for this one from USPS:
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
BWT

Post by BWT »

Very nice, I like everything about it.
Bill
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Jeez, I seem to have hit a dry spell. I have lost the last 6 ebay auctions I bid on. A couple of them would have been nice additions to my meager pile. In particular, there was a little Silver Sword stainless executive folder that would have made a nice compliment to my Case executive folders, and a very nice little Buck 506.

Downsides of being a cheapskate bottom feeder...
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
RCMsocal

Post by RCMsocal »

Had to have something while waiting for some oldies to get fixed up so ponied up for the #73! Did some bottom feeding the last couple weeks too with no success. :)
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

I lost the battle to resist the 56.

This'un's on the way.
great-eastern-cutlery-56-bird-dog-3__91700.1517602438.1280.1280.jpg
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Tsar, that is a nice, old fashioned, looking jackknife. OH

Just bought this NIB Buck 110 last night from a fellow member on another Buck Forum. Should go into this morning's mail, the new 2018 Buck 110 Folding Hunter Pro featuring upgraded blade steel (S30V), upgraded handles (G10), and upgraded bolsters (brushed nickel). Buck has even returned to putting a leather loop on the black leather sheath. Hope to have it by the weekend. OH
Attachments
Buck 110 Pro S30V (3).jpg
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Colonel that's a fine Buck you grabbed there.

Tony, that mustard 56 was very difficult to pass up but I hung strong until the Smooth Appaloosa Bone came along and I folded like tissue paper.
GEC 562218 Bird Dog UN-X-LD Smooth Appaloosa Bone.jpg
I already had an Anvil Jack on it's way. $15 + Shipping. I just couldn't talk myself into passing it up. The pictures makes it look like it's in factory condition. ::pray:: It's currently out for delivery. ::clapping::
Colonial Anvil Jack.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

Some nice knives being handled by the postman I see, good selections guys. ::tu::

Jerry you picked a nice appaloosa bone 56, I like the darker bone color. I grabbed a similar one myself yesterday and it's on its way. I got the micarta handled version a bit over a week ago and like it so much I had to grab one in bone too. Plus the Northfield version is different enough than the Tidioute
that I felt justified. :D
Greg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Two things Greg. Were there handle choices where you bought yours? I ordered blind at Risner. And did you get the two blade?
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

And another fool falls! I just couldn't hold back when I saw this stag 56 at Knife Connection. :oops:
Attachments
GEC-N562218-SS-BLADE_n9eq-d0.jpg
GEC-N562218-SS-5_alt1.jpg
GEC-N562218-SS-5_alt1.jpg (18.55 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
GEC-N562218-SS-5.jpg
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

No wonder GA Greg. That's a beauty right there.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

jerryd6818 wrote:Two things Greg. Were there handle choices where you bought yours? I ordered blind at Risner. And did you get the two blade?
Yes Jerry I was able to pick from 4 different ones, bought mine through TSA. I saw them come up at Risners but didn't wan't to order one without being able to see the bone first. They came up on the TSA web store a short time after and I had 4 to choose from. The one I choose looks similar to the pic you posted above. I assume then that that will likely not be the one you'll receive. It will be interesting to see what comes you way, a lot of variation in the appaloosa bone. Now you get the fun of the surprise factor. :o Yes I got the 2 blade again.

Greg, that stag #56 looks like a winner. ::tu::
Greg
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Gents, those GEC 56 jacks are sweet - real old time look to them. Nice Anvil Jerry, probably the nicest I've seen - those knives were made and sold to use and I don't think many were preserved in mint condition. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
gino

Post by gino »

Got this one on the way from a AAPK store
A one of one production with brown winterbottom and carbon steel blades
Attachments
1D5C254C-1D5F-42F6-8E16-B15D19834CC6.png
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

sunknife wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:Two things Greg. Were there handle choices where you bought yours? I ordered blind at Risner. And did you get the two blade?
Yes Jerry I was able to pick from 4 different ones, bought mine through TSA. I saw them come up at Risners but didn't wan't to order one without being able to see the bone first. They came up on the TSA web store a short time after and I had 4 to choose from. The one I choose looks similar to the pic you posted above. I assume then that that will likely not be the one you'll receive. It will be interesting to see what comes you way, a lot of variation in the appaloosa bone. Now you get the fun of the surprise factor. :o Yes I got the 2 blade again.

Greg, that stag #56 looks like a winner. ::tu::
I sat and considered it for a few minutes before clicking the magic clicker. When I finished all the paperwork I went back to grab a picture and they were all gone. ::uc:: USPS says it's already been through the CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER and the ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER. Now it's sitting in the PALATINE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER waiting for someone to start the truck and head this way. Maybe I'll get it in tomorrow's mail. ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
bcguire

Post by bcguire »

I'm waiting on these
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (2.49 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

bcguire wrote:I'm waiting on these
Ahh, you got the whole set. Cool.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Ordered a Spyderco Mule Team 26 with PMA11 steel.
David
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

DM11 wrote:Ordered a Spyderco Mule Team 26 with PMA11 steel.
Like this ?
Attachments
MT26_M.jpg
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

philco wrote:
DM11 wrote:Ordered a Spyderco Mule Team 26 with PMA11 steel.
Like this ?
Yes sir,thats it. I have several in different steels. Got a pair of handles I can move around to the one I'm using. Or I wrap a paracord handle on them.
David
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Old Hunter wrote:Tsar, that is a nice, old fashioned, looking jackknife. OH

Just bought this NIB Buck 110 last night from a fellow member on another Buck Forum. Should go into this morning's mail, the new 2018 Buck 110 Folding Hunter Pro featuring upgraded blade steel (S30V), upgraded handles (G10), and upgraded bolsters (brushed nickel). Buck has even returned to putting a leather loop on the black leather sheath. Hope to have it by the weekend. OH
Thanks, OH. I like the color of the bone and it gives it a bit of an "aged" feel even though it's a crisp, clean knife. It's not gritty like some folks have reported other 56s. It's just as clean and solid as my 78s.

I am digging that 110. I'm glad they're using S30V on so many knives these days without having to go custom shop. My next 110 is going to be an automatic with S30V, I think.
jerryd6818 wrote:Tony, that mustard 56 was very difficult to pass up but I hung strong until the Smooth Appaloosa Bone came along and I folded like tissue paper.
I don't blame you. Once again I never received word from my "mailing list" that it was shipping. When the announcement that they were available came out, it was my first indication that there were Appy versions of the 56 available and I was in the middle of an hour commute from work. By the time I got home, around 40 minutes later, the Appy version had been sold out for at least 10. :evil: :evil: :evil: ::disgust::

I got lucky on the 43 in Smooth Frontier Bone, however. Missed out on the CK reservation before it went red but I happened to be five minutes away from my desk when the notification came. So now I have one of these big honkin' trappers headed my way.
GE431118FR-1.jpg
And after a mild brainfart on my end, Matt Sanders (SandersKnives) is dropping this strange granddaddy Barlow in the mail for me as well:
1515685771_51_5.jpg
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
RCMsocal

Post by RCMsocal »

Coming today--and yes I have a knife problem! :roll:
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Problem? Those two knives look like the SOLUTION! Great pickups! ::tu::

The spring green jigged bone is a favorite of mine and the Little Jack is on my "do want" list. I'm just not holding my breath over finding one at a decent price.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

This Camillus EO is headed to Kansas. Sellers pics.
Attachments
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
David
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

DM11, That looks like a good one! ::tu:: Can't make out the tang stamp, who made that one? ::shrug::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”