Let's keep it clean

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Let's keep it clean

Post by philco »

I have noticed an increase in the use of coarse, profane, and unacceptable language on the forums here of late. AAPK is a family site and there are young folks and ladies who participate here. I have edited some posts where I found inappropriate language. When you joined AAPK you agreed not to use profanity here. Please live up to that agreement so that AAPK can continue to be a place where everyone can enjoy themselves.

Thank you.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
RobesonsRme.com

Re: Let's keep it clean

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Sorry for the part my old crass self had in prompting this post from Phil.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Ahhh ::censored:: Phil!
Roger
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Thanks for the reminder Phil but it begs the question, what else did we agree to when we registered that we need to be more attentive to?
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
junebug

Post by junebug »

I THINK WE SHOULD WRASSLE OVER THE RIGHT TA CUSS. ::shrug::

(*** NOTE : THIS IS A JOKE & NO SINGLETS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS PHOTO ::super_happy:: )
Attachments
LETS WRASSLE!!!!.jpg
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::

Thanks Bug!!! Now I'll have that picture in my Head all Day! :mrgreen:
MITCH

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
"So far,So good...So What!" - Johnnie Samples
cattaraugus57

Post by cattaraugus57 »

Whoa Junebug! ::facepalm:: :shock: :lol:

I agree though...There's no need for that here.
"whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government"
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

::facepalm:: Thanks for your support Junebug. :roll:
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
junebug

Post by junebug »

SORRY YOU DIDN'T THINK IT WAS FUNNY PHIL...... ::facepalm::

I WAS JOKING, AND , I THINK IT WAS A NICE REMINDER OF SAID CUSS RULE AND ETC,ETC,ETC..... ::handshake:: ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::

I BETTER START SEPERATIN' MA KNIFE HOBBY AN MY FUNNY WRASSLIN' PIC COLLECTION ::facepalm:: :roll: ::dang:: ::tu:: .... CURSE THAT EVIL MR.BLISTER!!! ::censored::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

bestgear wrote:Thanks for the reminder Phil but it begs the question, what else did we agree to when we registered that we need to be more attentive to?
Great question Tom!

Here is a portion of the AAPK User Agreement that deals mainly with posting behavior.

"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “All About Pocket Knives” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “All About Pocket Knives” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “All About Pocket Knives” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised."
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
basser5

Post by basser5 »

Thanks for all that you do Phil ::tu::

Junebug............Not so much ::sotb:: ::poke:: :lol:
My name is Tim and i'm a stagoholic.
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

This thread needed a knife pic, so.....welcome
Attachments
20150616_220909.jpg
trutemper

Post by trutemper »

Thanks Dale, there`s certainly nothing wrong with reminding people that having courtesy, respect , and acting responsibly and with common sense not only reaps huge benefits in the long run but also sets a fine example of what we(adults) need to set for youngsters who may also belong to our group. These youngsters, after all, are the future of knife collecting just as we became the future collectors from our fathers and grandfathers. While I of course have heard my gramps and dad use a few terms that aren't presentable here......that is the point, a forum such as this, surely was never a place that either my dad or gramps would have ever spoken in foul language. Of course we all slip on rare occasions, after all we are only human, but don't you think it`s best to try to keep chins up, just let issues "roll off" and take the higher ground whenever we feel we may have been offended or have a different opinion? It`s called being "tempered" and seems highly appropriate.

Thanks again Dale,

Bob
tankman

Post by tankman »

that pictue is so jacked up man,was funny but in all due seriousness we should obay the rules of the website.Were else can we go and talk about knifes.So many of these guys have been a great sorce of information,and have helped me out a lot.Thanks again to those that have helped me answer all my questions.I think they would forget more than Ill ever know about knifes.Thanks again!
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Here! Here! It's tough to find a clean corner of the internet, I appreciate the folks at AAPK and the welcoming atmosphere.
Carl B.
jacob

Post by jacob »

Everything posted which may be of help concerning with the topics is really of great help not only to the principal party but also to the viewer who have the same situation.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I save all of my "choice" words for my commute to work. It's only 6 miles but there are 31 traffic lights and lots of people still asleep at the wheel. I even have a song, but I can't share it here. ::censored:: ::lightening::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Onetimejohnny

Post by Onetimejohnny »

Phil, why can't I get my membership account closed? I've requested that my "Want Ad" be deleted and my acct be closed everyday for a week now and not only hasn't anything happened but I don't even get the courtesy of a return email. Do I have to resort to a string of foul language with members at random to get thrown off your site. Perhaps if the administrators would provide a way for members to close their own account
then they wouldn't have to be bothered with it.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Phil is not the owner of the forum, he's a moderator. I'm sure they'll get to your requests/emails as quickly as they can. People here don't just sit around all day long waiting to pounce on emails from the forum, everyone has other lives to live. Sending an email every day is not helping anyone move faster.
Carl B.
Onetimejohnny

Post by Onetimejohnny »

As per the Info posted, a Moderator has the ability to delete a post and if Phil would please be so kind to do so, I would appreciate it.
as for my request to terminate my membership, I will wait until those who hold the power have a break in their everyday life.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

1967redrider wrote:I save all of my "choice" words for my commute to work. It's only 6 miles but there are 31 traffic lights and lots of people still asleep at the wheel. I even have a song, but I can't share it here. ::censored:: ::lightening::
I have one too. It goes......

Green means go mr. stupid man ahead of me.
Green means go mr. idiot in front of me.
Get off your phone and move your little hinny.
If I miss this light I'm going to kill ya.

I use it for all kinds of infractions of my peace of mind. :mrgreen:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Onetimejohnny wrote:As per the Info posted, a Moderator has the ability to delete a post and if Phil would please be so kind to do so, I would appreciate it.
as for my request to terminate my membership, I will wait until those who hold the power have a break in their everyday life.
Request granted account deactivated.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Onetimejohnny was an appropriate screen name. ::shrug::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I guess it was my subliminal singing. ::uc::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “General Knife Discussion”