BOMBS AWAY!!! THE UN-OFFICIAL OFFICIAL BOMB THREAD

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: BOMBS AWAY!!! THE UN-OFFICIAL OFFICIAL BOMB THREAD

Post by TripleF »

Ivoryman wrote:
TripleF wrote:~Q~

PS - my wife says I'm sneaky ... figured the sneak attack bomb would have more ::ds::
That's the exact definition of a bomb....outta nowhere, unexpected!!![/quote]

How do you sneak attack? I have PM-ed and asked for an address, but even if you're coy they know something is coming. How do you do the radio silence true surprise attack where they don't even know it's coming?

Lansky, again great wharn from a Clip. Made them from spears and problem is you have to grind the edge away and put a new edge on the thick, meaty, middle of the blade. It's thicker there, not the same edge. You kept the original edge and changed the spine. Complete opposite. I like that, changing the spine profile is much less fraught with problems of grinding a new, thicker edge. I will have to try that, thanks for the idea and example to see first. You should do an educational mod vid on youtube. I have picked up many tips from watching youtube vids walk me through it first. Yours is a great mod and anyone with a grinder can do it.[/quote]

Really? LOL
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

DSC05378.JPG
DSC05382.JPG
DSC05379.JPG
DSC05385.JPG
DSC05387.JPG
I got Bombed.. So.. Last week I get an address request from Q.. The Mini-Trapper King.. It seems he was culling a few knives and one of those was yelling my name.. Guess it wanted to leave the warm shores of Hawaii and go to Pa.. Soo.. I gave him my address and he sent me a tracking number.. Yinz know how that goes!! The anticipation kept building and when I checked and it said delivered I dashed to the mail box!! I literally started to tremble a bit as I unpacked the package.. WOW!! A S&M Model 51 Mini-Trapper was there.. All I could do was stare in AWE!! What a TREASURE for sure.. Perfect in every way!! WOW!! Now the dilemma.. Carry or safe.. I think I may edc it gently!!
I cant THANK Q enough.. I am truly humbled and honored to receive such a FINE knife.. THANK YOU Q VERY MUCH!!!! ::handshake:: John
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

::woot:: What a looker. You're ruined for life. Now that you've experienced the Mini-Trapper it won't be long before you're Jonesin' another, then another, etc, etc and so it goes, down the road to perdition. That ~Q~. He put the 'gen' in generosity.

I just discovered that's out of the First Series in the S&M Keystone Series from 1990. You are doubly fortunate.
Attachments
S&M1.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

jmh, the only thing better than that knife is the generosity of the giver. Q is a good man to deal with and to be dealt by. Glad for you.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Thanks jerry.. May have to rethink the edc thing!!! ::hmm::

Thanks dog.. Q is a very generous cat !!! ::tu:: I am still in disbelief!!! ::nod:: John :D

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

A classy knife for a classy guy...it just seemed right.
::tu:: ::nod:: ::tu::

~Q~
~Q~
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

QTCut5 wrote:A classy knife for a classy guy...it just seemed right.
::tu:: ::nod:: ::tu::

~Q~
Good stuff ! ::tu::
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Great score jmh, beautiful knife. Also cracks me up to read Q's opening line about quality that Queen once produced. I think that dropped off. Might explain closing down. I have a few decades old S&Ms that are flawless, hope this one is too. Another island Q-bomb from the master.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Thank You Q, Lansky and Iman!!! ::handshake:: The bone is surreal in the Sun!!! ::tu:: WOW!! John :D

TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Knice work Q!!!! ::tu::

Great target too!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Door bell rang yesterday which was quite a surprise because A.) it was before noon (mail usually between 2-4) and B.) I wasn't expecting anything.

It was a package from "doglegg". I had sent a small something to him with the admonition "No reciprocity" but just like my kids, he didn't listen. I do like it, Floyd.

I was going to say "I do like it Kemosabe" but when I was checking to make sure I had Kemosabe (or Kemo Sabe) spelled correctly, I found this.

"In Navajo, on the other hand, “kemosabe” translates as “soggy shrub.” If this seems an odd thing for faithful friend Tonto to call the Lone Ranger, perhaps he was just repaying the Ranger's long-standing insult. “Tonto,” after all, is a Spanish word meaning “fool.”
Jul 2, 2011"

Cracked me up. I'm still smiling.

Thanks for the "Silver Bullet" Masked Man. (Please don't call me Tonto) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
From Jester (6-30-18) - 2.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

That's KOOL jerry.. And good on Floyd!!! John :D

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

It is "KOOL" John. Even more "KOOL" since I didn't even know it existed but now as a true hoarder, I have one. ::tu::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That is awesome! I’ve never seen one of those! Well done.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

TripleF wrote:Knice work Q!!!! ::tu::

Great target too!! ::tu::
Thanks Scott.. ::handshake:: Some how I missed this!! ::facepalm:: John :D

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

jerryd6818 wrote:I was going to say "I do like it Kemosabe" but when I was checking to make sure I had Kemosabe (or Kemo Sabe) spelled correctly, I found this.

"In Navajo, on the other hand, “kemosabe” translates as “soggy shrub.” If this seems an odd thing for faithful friend Tonto to call the Lone Ranger, perhaps he was just repaying the Ranger's long-standing insult. “Tonto,” after all, is a Spanish word meaning “fool.”
Jul 2, 2011"
(Please don't call me Tonto)
There are a number of different legends/theories regarding of the meaning of "Kemosabe" (the name Tonto called the Lone Ranger). One that I always found particularly humorous is that, like "Tonto," it was derived from Spanish and is actually the phrase "Quien no sabe" spoken quickly and run together to sound like a single word. Quien no sabe literally translates as "He who doesn't know." So, essentially, the Lone Ranger was calling Tonto foolish and Tonto was calling the Lone Ranger ignorant. (And Fran Striker, the series creator and writer, is eternally laughing in his grave at his clever little private joke.)

~Q~
~Q~
Grump01
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Grump01 »

jerryd6818 wrote:Door bell rang yesterday which was quite a surprise because A.) it was before noon (mail usually between 2-4) and B.) I wasn't expecting anything.

It was a package from "doglegg". I had sent a small something to him with the admonition "No reciprocity" but just like my kids, he didn't listen. I do like it, Floyd.

I was going to say "I do like it Kemosabe" but when I was checking to make sure I had Kemosabe (or Kemo Sabe) spelled correctly, I found this.

Jul 2, 2011"

Thanks for the "Silver Bullet" Masked Man. (Please don't call me Tonto) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyone have a source to purchase these "Silver Bullets"?? NWT Mint itself appears to be out of business.
Don
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Grump01 wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:Door bell rang yesterday which was quite a surprise because A.) it was before noon (mail usually between 2-4) and B.) I wasn't expecting anything.

Jul 2, 2011"

Anyone have a source to purchase these "Silver Bullets"?? NWT Mint itself appears to be out of business.
Grump0 both BGASC and APMEX both have some in stock. I didn't seen any of the .22lr but they have some of the larger rounds .45 acp up to 20mm
whitebuffalo58

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

AAPK member Ann Onymous lobbed this one at me all the way from Hong Kong! A Ganzo Firebird 7582-OR. A nicely constructed auto and perfect for the leg pocket on the ol' bibs. Whip, snap and it's ready to go!

Thanks Ann, a very generous and thoughtful gift! ::handshake::
SANY0005.JPG

WB
espn77

Post by espn77 »

WB, nice catch you recieved.

I got this from Dimitri (Miller bros) today. They don't get much minter than this. Thanks a bunch Dimitri ::handshake::
Attachments
20180706_190108.jpg
20180706_190046.jpg
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

The Ganzo/Firebird autos are great fun and an absolute bargain.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Bombs in the Ozarks, bombs in the pan handle of Texas, this is getting serious! Congrats to both of you under attack fellows. And congrats to the attackers. A well executed plan.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Congratulations Rob. Whomever that bomber is, she knows good people when she sees 'em. ::tu::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
whitebuffalo58

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

Thanks guys!

espn77, that is one sweet little Remmy, there's no doubt that Dimitri knows how to load the cannon! ::tu::

Jerry, I'm pretty sure ol' Ann is one of those that's always looking for the good in folks, but may've had to get out her magnifying glass where I was concerned. But, that extra effort makes me appreciate her that much more. ::nod::

WB
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I am flummoxed. Bamboozled. Taken by surprise and still in a bit in shock. Someone got me a good one. I recall someone saying there was something that was going to be coming my way in the near future but for the life of me, I can't remember who. My memory is all shot to shirt like a "No Hunting" sign in Tennessee. It's no fun folks. If you're the one behind this atomic bomb. please step out and take credit because I owe you a HUGE Thank You.

The story goes, today was lunch with my two long time (50 years) buddies and we always meet at my place. Before we could get out the door for lunch, the mail passed and I got what I had ordered from Scott (with a plus-1 of course because it's Scott). When we came back from lunch, there was a large package sitting on the front stoop. "What the..................??" A heavy package.

When I opened it, you could have stepped on my lower jaw. Another, "What the................??" Not one but two 18"x12" Walnut Display Cases. Whomever did this went above and beyond. Waaaaay beyond. They are gorgeous. I love 'em and don't have a clue what to put in them. That little conundrum will take me a little time to resolve. It has to be something really special. Maybe my best 72's in one and my favorite GEC's in the other. Difficult choice.
Attachments
18x12 Walnut Display Case.JPG
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Knife Discussion”