BOMBS AWAY!!! THE UN-OFFICIAL OFFICIAL BOMB THREAD

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
313 Mike

Re: BOMBS AWAY!!! THE UN-OFFICIAL OFFICIAL BOMB THREAD

Post by 313 Mike »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:07 pm Thanks to the generosity of ~Q~ I just received a Sunset Orange 07W Case Mini-Trapper. It's a beauty. Where does AAPK get these kind of members? THANK YOU ~Q~.
That is a mighty fine looking knife Jerry, love the colors in the bone. Some orange bone handles loom kinda garish, but that one is just right.
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
TPK

Post by TPK »

Ivoryman wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:51 am
TPK wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:12 pm Hello friends,

Got a package from Mom the other day. It included 9 pocket knives, two license plates, three boxes of Pop--Tarts, Peanut Butter Candy, Velveeta Cheese, and some Ranch powder packages. Wanted to thank some people here in this thread. Some of these things were "Bombs", & some were not but I know no other thread that is better for sharing and showing thanks so I will show them here. :wink:

First off, just a few group pictures before I go into more details. ::tu::
Cooooooooool mom Dude, she should be sainted. That is a great bomb for sure. Congrats.
Thanks Buddy! ::handshake:: Appreciate your comments. ::nod:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Yesterday afternoon, my trip to the post office produced this item. It was completely unexpected, but VERY much appreciated. It is a hand carved Grinch Christmas ornament. ::tu:: ::tu::
A VERY special thank you goes out to Coley (C-WADE7) for this thoughtful and most generous gift.
::handshake::
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:17 pm Yesterday afternoon, my trip to the post office produced this item. It was completely unexpected, but VERY much appreciated. It is a hand carved Grinch Christmas ornament. ::tu:: ::tu::
A VERY special thank you goes out to Coley (C-WADE7) for this thoughtful and most generous gift.
Wow, that is all kinds of awesome!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Too cool for school. Congrats Skip.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

glennbad wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:43 pm Wow.....
Thank you, glennbad.🍻

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:46 pm Too.....
Thank you, Jerry. 🍻

Skip
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:17 pm Yesterday afternoon, my trip to the post office produced this item. It was completely unexpected, but VERY much appreciated. It is a hand carved Grinch Christmas ornament. ::tu:: ::tu::
Great bomb! And a personal gift. Hand made. Wonderful!
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

doglegg wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:39 pm Great.....
Thank you, Floyd. 🍻

Skip
TPK

Post by TPK »

Very nice Skip! :mrgreen: ::tu::

Good on you Wade! ::nod:: ::tu:: :mrgreen:

TPK

Post by TPK »

TPK wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:00 pm Next up, my most recent Bomb. Hit me on Friday. ::tu:: A beautiful card full of knife stickers. ::groove:: ::super_happy::
I especially like the Veterans Day sticker the changes colors depending on how the light hits it. Very cool! ::super_happy:: Thank you Mr. Bomber! ::handshake:: You really caught me off gard! :lol: I know exactly where I will use them. ::nod:: ::super_happy::

I didn't mention a name. Wanted to see if anyone can guess who the Bomber was by looking at the card. :mrgreen:
Got my new "Alox" :mrgreen: Clipboard as planned so I'll be putting these Stickers to work at the warehouse job starting tomarrow. Finally got a personalized clipboard I like now. ::nod:: ::tu:: ::super_happy::

Thanks again for the Stickers Q! ::handshake:: ::super_happy:: I appreciate em! ::nod:: ::tu:: ::super_happy::
Attachments
IMG_20221226_102351_090~3.jpg
IMG_20221226_102512_579~5.jpg
IMG_20221226_102438_978~3.jpg

New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

TPK wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:38 am Very.....
Thank you, Tom. 🍻
Nice stickers. ::tu::

Skip
TPK

Post by TPK »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:20 am
TPK wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:38 am Very.....
Thank you, Tom. 🍻
Nice stickers. ::tu::
::tu:: 🍻

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Ray, (Paladin) had seen a post where I said I had been employed with NCR (National Cash Register) back in my early days and he sent this to me. What a thoughtful fella he is. Thank You Ray. It's greatly appreciated. (please excuse the poor picture)
Attachments
Zippo - NCR - Mark Open.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Very thoughtful. Good on ya Ray and happy for you Jerry.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Nice Jerry, I love all-metal knives! Good on you Ray for your thoughtfulness! 8)
8)
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Does a birthday gift from a (non-knifer) friend count as a "Bomb"? If so, this Spyderco Endura 4 with individually hand-painted "Zome" glow in the dark covers is a doozy. The gifter said he had ordered a Delica since he knows that is the model I prefer, but this Endura is what I got and I am perfectly happy with it (I already have enough Delicas and I've been wanting another Endura since giving away my last two). I admit it's a bigger knife than I prefer to EDC, but it's also such a cool knife I am glad to have one. And, the glow in the dark feature is pretty cool too.
Attachments
P1270003.JPG
P1270004.JPG
P1270005.JPG
P1270006.JPG
P1260001.JPG
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

The glow in the dark feature is the best, ~Q~! 8)
8)
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That's cool as all get out!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:40 pm Does a birthday gift from a (non-knifer) friend count as a "Bomb"? If so, this Spyderco Endura 4 with individually hand-painted "Zome" glow in the dark covers is a doozy. The gifter said he had ordered a Delica since he knows that is the model I prefer, but this Endura is what I got and I am perfectly happy with it (I already have enough Delicas and I've been wanting another Endura since giving away my last two). I admit it's a bigger knife than I prefer to EDC, but it's also such a cool knife I am glad to have one. And, the glow in the dark feature is pretty cool too.
Very nice! An Endura 4 was my gateway drug into the world of Spyderco addiction. You don't have this problem over there in paradise, but here where it still get cold...those big spydercos are nice because you can still open/use them with gloves on.

I like those scales too! ::tu::
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:07 pm Ray, (Paladin) had seen a post where I said I had been employed with NCR (National Cash Register) back in my early days and he sent this to me. What a thoughtful fella he is. Thank You Ray. It's greatly appreciated. (please excuse the poor picture)
La casa JerryD is the perfect place for that knife!
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

TPK wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:47 am
TPK wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:00 pm Next up, my most recent Bomb. Hit me on Friday. ::tu:: A beautiful card full of knife stickers. ::groove:: ::super_happy::
I especially like the Veterans Day sticker the changes colors depending on how the light hits it. Very cool! ::super_happy:: Thank you Mr. Bomber! ::handshake:: You really caught me off gard! :lol: I know exactly where I will use them. ::nod:: ::super_happy::

I didn't mention a name. Wanted to see if anyone can guess who the Bomber was by looking at the card. :mrgreen:
Got my new "Alox" :mrgreen: Clipboard as planned so I'll be putting these Stickers to work at the warehouse job starting tomarrow. Finally got a personalized clipboard I like now. ::nod:: ::tu:: ::super_happy::

Thanks again for the Stickers Q! ::handshake:: ::super_happy:: I appreciate em! ::nod:: ::tu:: ::super_happy::
I like your "Alox" clipboard!

My middle son loves stickers. Any time we get any gun or knife related stickers he claims them. I'll have to show him your clipboard.
Robert E. Lee
TPK

Post by TPK »

Colonel26 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:44 pm

My middle son loves stickers. Any time we get any gun or knife related stickers he claims them. I'll have to show him your clipboard.
::tu:: ::super_happy::
Well that's good to know Wade. If I ever have any doubles again I'll hook him up. ::nod:: ::tu::

One of my bosses saw my new Alox Clipboard and asked me if I was "too good" to use a company Clipboard. My blunt answer was, "Yes, I am. ::nod:: And I'm going to put an edge on all four sides of it so it will also be a throwing clipboard." (He knows I collect knives.) :mrgreen: He looked like.... :shock:

Every box cutter, pen, clipboard ect. that they have is straight up JUNK!!! I bring my own box cutter, my own pens, my own clipboard. I don't work with JUNK! ::nod:: :wink: And I don't think that most people out there enjoy working with Junk either. Ever see a Carpenter with a Junky Hammer? 🔨 🔨 🔨 Or a Lumberjack with a Junky Chainsaw? ::shrug:: Just my opinion. ::nod:: :D

Add: I'll take that back. I do have some Junky tools if it is something I only need once in a blue moon. But if it is something I need often (daily or weekly) then Junky stuff don't cut it. ::nod:: ::tu::

Speaking of Pens..., I am going to order some this month or next month, with personalized printing on em. :wink: ::super_happy::
"KEEP YOUR HANDS SHARP!" ::super_happy::

TPK

Post by TPK »

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:40 pm Does a birthday gift from a (non-knifer) friend count as a "Bomb"? If so, this Spyderco Endura 4 with individually hand-painted "Zome" glow in the dark covers is a doozy. The gifter said he had ordered a Delica since he knows that is the model I prefer, but this Endura is what I got and I am perfectly happy with it (I already have enough Delicas and I've been wanting another Endura since giving away my last two). I admit it's a bigger knife than I prefer to EDC, but it's also such a cool knife I am glad to have one. And, the glow in the dark feature is pretty cool too.
Sweeeeeeet! That's awesome! Congrats Buddy! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

TPK wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:56 am
Colonel26 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:44 pm

::tu:: ::super_happy::
Well that's good to know Wade. If I ever have any doubles again I'll hook him up. ::nod:: ::tu::

One of my bosses saw my new Alox Clipboard and asked me if I was "too good" to use a company Clipboard. My blunt answer was, "Yes, I am. ::nod:: And I'm going to put an edge on all four sides of it so it will also be a throwing clipboard." (He knows I collect knives.) :mrgreen: He looked like.... :shock:

Every box cutter, pen, clipboard ect. that they have is straight up JUNK!!! I bring my own box cutter, my own pens, my own clipboard. I don't work with JUNK! ::nod:: :wink: And I don't think that most people out there enjoy working with Junk either. Ever see a Carpenter with a Junky Hammer? 🔨 🔨 🔨 Or a Lumberjack with a Junky Chainsaw? ::shrug:: Just my opinion. ::nod:: :D

Add: I'll take that back. I do have some Junky tools if it is something I only need once in a blue moon. But if it is something I need often (daily or weekly) then Junky stuff don't cut it. ::nod:: ::tu::

Speaking of Pens..., I am going to order some this month or next month, with personalized printing on em. :wink: ::super_happy::
"KEEP YOUR HANDS SHARP!" ::super_happy::
ROFL. Iknkw what you mean. I like that idea about sharpening the sides. It can be your King Fo Alox Clipboard. Shoot, in the states your could sell them as “Tactical Alox Clipboards”!
Robert E. Lee

Return to “General Knife Discussion”