Knife Photography

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Knife Photography

Post by Sasquach »

JamieinWV wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:42 pm Seems like a bunch of us like the Case XX Script shield knives, I didnt think a new thread was in store for just these type of knives. So I thought I would get out the one I have and post it here. Thinking I had one, to my surprise I find two. Being wrong or mistaken is not uncharted territory for me. but here are the two I have.
I agree Jamie, Silver Script is top shelf.
Attachments
Autumn Bone BB 2002.JPG
Cranberry Silver Script 2001.JPG
Goldenrod Silver Script.JPG
Hunter Green Silver Script.JPG
Mother of Pearl Case Silver Script Canoe 2001.JPG
A GOOD KNIFE IS LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, IT'LL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

QTCut5 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:31 am How about a "Spidie Web" :lol:

Fine herd of arachnids Q! ::tu::

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Similar to Silver Script the Long Tail C is another good looker...
Attachments
Mediterranean Blue Long Tail C First Run.JPG
Dark Antique Longtail C 2008.JPG

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Sasquach wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:49 pm
JamieinWV wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:42 pm Seems like a bunch of us like the Case XX Script shield knives, I didnt think a new thread was in store for just these type of knives. So I thought I would get out the one I have and post it here. Thinking I had one, to my surprise I find two. Being wrong or mistaken is not uncharted territory for me. but here are the two I have.
Charlie you never fail to amaze me, I think as far as shields go it is Case’s best looking. But I would guess it’s the most time consuming to apply also. Your knives are all outstanding and I knew I would see some canoes from your collection.
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Sasquach wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:00 pm Similar to Silver Script the Long Tail C is another good looker...
::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: Three thumbs up on the long “C”
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Thanks Jamie. ::super_happy::

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

The long C shields are really impressive!
Carl B.
joeradza
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by joeradza »

There is an excellent article on knife photography in the November 2022 issue of Knife Magazine.
I use a different setup, but as always there is more than one way to skin a cat. My background in these three photos is the same but the manner in which I judged the exposure is the difference. I’m satisfied with the outcome of the three photos because they were not shot for a client. The angle of the knives is discussed in the article. You judge what you prefer. There are so many excellent photographers posting here that I am constantly learning by comparing and experimenting. Like anything, experience is a great teacher.
Attachments
0B5D3D2B-9EA8-4F33-B9FC-CA90959CF747.jpeg
1A2B82F9-8390-4056-9E8A-1FC08F39AAAA.jpeg
8C01F580-84FD-4113-B01F-6E62C1F2AA4A.jpeg
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

joeradza wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:16 pm There is an excellent article on knife photography in the November 2022 issue of Knife Magazine.
I use a different setup, but as always there is more than one way to skin a cat. My background in these three photos is the same but the manner in which I judged the exposure is the difference. I’m satisfied with the outcome of the three photos because they were not shot for a client. The angle of the knives is discussed in the article. You judge what you prefer. There are so many excellent photographers posting here that I am constantly learning by comparing and experimenting. Like anything, experience is a great teacher.
To me they look good, there are guys on here that are good at taking shots, I just chase the light and shoot… but honestly I could do better, but people may not realize it’s time consuming after wiping finger prints off and staging, I don’t use after photo editing so my pictures are how the come from my lens and off the memory card.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

joeradza wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:16 pm There is an excellent article on knife photography in the November 2022 issue of Knife Magazine.
Great looking Joker, I tried to fine one and butt kiss. Oh well. As for the photos, yours look great to me. I just pretty much find something that looks interesting and put the knife down on it. I use only my phone camera too, not the best optics. Angles and lighting are what they are and not always in my control but it's kind of fun trying to get a good one. I usually take a dozen or more pics, and maybe half of them are in focus and centered, and maybe 2-3 are decent and worth posting. Usually. Sometimes I delete them all.
Attachments
thumbnail_20221117_150740.jpg
thumbnail_20221012_105316.jpg
thumbnail_20221003_140051.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Great knives AND pics, Iman!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks tvic, glad you like them, always welcome and keeps me taking them.

Good looking knives and pics Squach. Beautiful stuff. Love this thread.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Ivoryman wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:45 pm
Great looking Joker, I tried to fine one and butt kiss. Oh well. As for the photos, yours look great to me. I just pretty much find something that looks interesting and put the knife down on it. I use only my phone camera too, not the best optics. Angles and lighting are what they are and not always in my control but it's kind of fun trying to get a good one. I usually take a dozen or more pics, and maybe half of them are in focus and centered, and maybe 2-3 are decent and worth posting. Usually. Sometimes I delete them all.
Since the advent of digital photography, meaning I don't have to pay for film and developing, I have endorsed the "spray and pray" method of shooting pics. I set up or find a good setting then I shoot a whole slew of pics hoping one or two will turn out the way I want. Like you I've had times when I just delete the whole series of pics because it just didn't work. Nothing lost but some time and even that isn't a total loss because I learned something from it.

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Sasquach wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:49 pm
Very nice Silver Scripts both of you! I have a Sowbelly I think a lot of!! Beautiful knives!! :)
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Great photo!! Beautiful knives as well!! :)
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Ivoryman wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:45 pm
Man, you sure have a great knives Iman!! WOW!! :)
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Yes, those are great looking photos, Joe! The lighting is impeccable!

Here’s a recent find for me. (Nope, I didn’t attend that event. :) )
Attachments
583830DD-9C9F-493C-B612-1F722F3F32D8.jpeg
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Thanks Woodwalker.

Tim, that's a nice pic of a cool event knife. ::tu::

I'm browsing my knife pic archive again, some of the Big Boys...
Attachments
Cold Steel 1849 Rifleman's Knife.JPG
Case Rio Grande Camp Knife 1990.png
Bushman on the wood pile.png
Randall Gilbreath Bowie 1.jpg
Muela Bowie.JPG
CRKT Muzzle Break Bowie II.jpg

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Sasquach wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:14 pm Thanks Woodwalker.

What is the knife in the second picture? I dig it.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

edge213 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:55 pm

Looks like a Case Rio Grande to me.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

C-Wade7 is correct. It's a 1990 Case Rio Grande Camp Knife. Here's an indoor shot of it with the original sheath...
Attachments
Case XX Rio Grande Camp Knife 1990.JPG

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Sasquach wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:54 pm

C-Wade7 is correct. It's a 1990 Case Rio Grande Camp Knife. Here's an indoor shot of it with the original sheath...
Charlie that’s most excellent
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Got to playing around with putting pictures inside pictures this afternoon and came up with these.
The knives and the pictures are mine.
Screenshot 2022-11-19 150752.png
Screenshot 2022-11-19 150819.png
Screenshot 2022-11-19 150848.png
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

dlr110 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:11 pm Got to playing around with putting pictures inside pictures this afternoon and came up with these.
The knives and the pictures are mine.
Screenshot 2022-11-19 150752.pngScreenshot 2022-11-19 150819.pngScreenshot 2022-11-19 150848.png
Bravo, great job, looks very good and love the Canoe with the firey sunset behind. ::tu::
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Very cool, David!
Tim

Return to “General Knife Discussion”