Knife Photography

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Ivoryman

Re: Knife Photography

Post by Ivoryman »

sunknife wrote:Cool picture RalphAlsip, fantastic color in the rock and knife. ::tu::

Thanks Ivoryman .I like the 56 very much so far and I'm guessing you'll like yours as well when it arrives. First micarta handled knife for me as well and I'm digging the handle material more than I thought I would. Good solid feeling knife and a nice user size and pattern IMO, I've carried it 6 days straight now. Would enjoy hearing your opinion of the knife after yours arrives. :)
The Bird Dog just came. First canvas micara for me. Pretty cool, love the blonde color, the look of texture and fabric pattern. The grip is good, thought it would be more slick. No flaws on this one, everything like it should be. Very thin in the pocket. Very thin. Nice size and the action is interesting with no half stop or squared tang. Smooth, consistent open and close. Doesn't feel like it will snap shut on me like square tangs and half stops kind of do. This one is less aggressive. But still solid no wobble lock up. Great knife so far. Only thing that I"ve never seen before is the brushed bolster finish and they scuff just by looking at them. They scuffed up in the shipping, they have marks already. I can live with it because it is still interestingly different from my others bolsters and it looks bright and white instead of mirror whatever color it is reflecting. Is what it is. And it's different, that's worth something. I don't want everything the same. Definitely a cool feel and look. For the money you can't go wrong either. And they must be popular, sold out the first day. Glad I grabbed one and you were right.
Attachments
WP_20180212_055.jpg
WP_20180212_061.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Ivoryman, You have a highly interesting and very handsome knife. ::tu::
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks Quick, it's really growing on me. Great color and action and feel. So thin. Really loving the 56s.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

I see ya went with the single blade model Ivoryman, looks good. Nice concise review too. Being pretty new to collecting I don't feel qualified to give much of a review but reading what you said I would say you summed up the knife very well. ::tu::
PS, I've noticed the Micarta handles on mine darkening up a bit after just a week and a half of handling and I'm liking the darker look.
Greg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Don't sell yourself short, your review was the catalyst that prompted me and I appreciated your take. Everyone's perspective is different, much can be learned from a different viewpoint even if I don't share it. But your review was good, thanks for the comments on mine. All I try to do is mention what matters to me and how I view the features and details. I was surprised how quickly you say the color changes. I kind of like the blonde look and hope it doesn't fade to tan/brown, but I have a suspicion it will. Oh well, I would still go canvas on these, always wanted to check one out and glad I did, it's a cool material with nice grip. Thanks for the comments and reviews. Details from everyone on their knives is why I come here.
TheMadHungarian

Post by TheMadHungarian »

100_6820.jpg
DSC_4020 - Edited.jpg
DSC_0064 - Edited.jpg
Screenshot 2017-10-25 at 11.46.40 PM.png
My Old Man told me when I was a kid, "You can spend your entire life convincing someone how smart you are but it only takes a second to prove you're an idiot."....................You can call me Ted.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

TMH, Your photos are very crisp and sharp. I especially like your use of vignette on the 3rd photo. ::tu:: ::tu::
sunknife

Post by sunknife »

Nice photos Mad-H, I like the arrangements.
Good shots of your Dogleg as well I-Man.

I snap this pic today.
Attachments
knife photo 2-14-18 - 1.jpg
Greg
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

A Gerber USA that has been a few places.
Attachments
Gerber USA Boot Knife.JPG
A GOOD KNIFE IS LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, IT'LL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Great pic Sasquach, you too Sunknife. Great Blade Forums knife MadH.
A pair of GEC 56s. One Northwoods Fayette Wharn Giraffe bone, one Tidioute Bird Dog Spear canvas micarta.
Attachments
WP_20180215_015.jpg
WP_20180215_026.jpg
WP_20180215_022.jpg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Bird Dog in the frost
Attachments
WP_20180213_001.jpg
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

A couple of B&W pics I did today, colonial Barlow and RR high carbon Canoe ::tu::
20180216_115751_crop_432x490.jpg
20180216_115606_crop_723x693.jpg
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Black and white is great, knife pose too, coins. Great shot.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Gotta agree with Iman there, Paul.
Some great shots. ::tu:: ::tu::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Thanks guys ::tu:: a friend sent me a few old Irish coins last week for my youngest daughter as she collects coins ,so thought they might look good in a pic ::tu::
Paul,

Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Love the B&W pics Paul! Being of Irish descent, I like the coins as much as the knives!!! ::tu::

I shot this one while out walking my canine muscle missile this morning...
Attachments
Buck  101 in the snow.JPG

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

KOOL pic there Charlie!!! ::tu:: ::nod:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Brumbydownunder

Post by Brumbydownunder »

Sasquach wrote:Love the B&W pics Paul! Being of Irish descent, I like the coins as much as the knives!!! ::tu::

Charlie lovely looking Buck ... tang reads "Buck 101" (I think?) But when I google that zilch .... tell me more about the knife please Lovely clean lines
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"
TheMadHungarian

Post by TheMadHungarian »

Thanks for the compliments folks, I'm in good company here. You folks set the bar pretty high as far as quality knife photography goes. :)

Sometimes when it comes to knife pics, less is more ;)
100_0506.jpg
My Old Man told me when I was a kid, "You can spend your entire life convincing someone how smart you are but it only takes a second to prove you're an idiot."....................You can call me Ted.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Brumbydownunder wrote:
Sasquach wrote:Love the B&W pics Paul! Being of Irish descent, I like the coins as much as the knives!!! ::tu::

Charlie lovely looking Buck ... tang reads "Buck 101" (I think?) But when I google that zilch .... tell me more about the knife please Lovely clean lines
The Buck 101 was introduced to the line last year and is a fixed blade version of the perennial Buck 110 folder. Below is a link where you can find one:

https://www.buckknives.com/product/101- ... 0101BRS-B/

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

jmh58 wrote:KOOL pic there Charlie!!! ::tu:: ::nod:: John :D
Thanks John. It was kinda KOOL out there this morning. :lol:

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Brumbydownunder

Post by Brumbydownunder »

Hey thanks Charlie (Squach) ... mystery explained ::tu:: I bet you have tried to fold 101 that shut more than once
DSCN7050 (3).JPG
Derek
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Thanks mate,I've got alot of friends in Ireland,my nan's grandparents was Irish but moved to Scotland so I'm of Irish and Scottish descent,That's on my mum's side,my dad's mum was also Scottish and my grandad was from the east end of London,I'm from London as well, think alot of the Irish came to America many years ago,I would love to do a family tree but expensive :(
Paul,

Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

zed6309 wrote:

Thanks mate,I've got alot of friends in Ireland,my nan's grandparents was Irish but moved to Scotland so I'm of Irish and Scottish descent,That's on my mum's side,my dad's mum was also Scottish and my grandad was from the east end of London,I'm from London as well, think alot of the Irish came to America many years ago,I would love to do a family tree but expensive :(
There is a web site called "Ancestry.com" that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. They are based in the USA but offer overseas information too. The UK may have a similar company or Ancestry.com may have a European branch. It's pretty interesting when you start looking back into your family history.

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Sasquach wrote:
zed6309 wrote:

There is a web site called "Ancestry.com" that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. They are based in the USA but offer overseas information too. The UK may have a similar company or Ancestry.com may have a European branch. It's pretty interesting when you start looking back into your family history.
Cheers mate,yes there is a UK version and I did go on a while back but started wanting money and sadly I'm not in a position at the moment to pay,I'm sure one day I'll give it a go as very interesting knowing about our past ::tu::
Paul,

Return to “General Knife Discussion”