Knife Photography

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Knife Photography

Post by Sasquach »

As always there are some fine photos being posted here....I'm never disappointed when I drop in.

It's a beautiful day for a walk in these parts today...
Attachments
IMG_0244 II.jpg
IMG_0247II.jpg
A GOOD KNIFE IS LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, IT'LL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Jtx, that is some kinda sweet!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
gino

Post by gino »

M&G
Attachments
E05B9801-664F-4CA8-9B65-DE4AE5CFEEF1.jpeg
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
Jtx
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Jtx »

Quick Steel wrote:jtx, I definitely like your Case; a very crisp looking combo of pattern, color, and very nice bone. ::tu::
Thanks, Quick Steel.
Jtx
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Jtx »

Steve Warden wrote:Jtx, that is some kinda sweet!
Thanks Steve.
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

8 dot Case on a log
Attachments
20180301_143624.jpg
20180301_143719.jpg
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

Sunset Rat.
Attachments
rat.jpg
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

H&R/Painted Pony
Attachments
H&R Malachite.JPG

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Trimming the rose bush
Attachments
WP_20180301_030.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Old School pics today
Attachments
WP_20180303_004.jpg
WP_20170712_011.jpg
WP_20170216_008.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Always enjoy visiting this place. Old school and new school all well done.
Sut Tatersaul

Post by Sut Tatersaul »

Hi, All:
I have not decided whether to laugh, or cry, while I write this long, sad, hopeless, true story about my photography misadventures. I started the hobby in my youth, using the box cameras of the 1930 era, progressed through all of the types of cameras, to my last camera, a CX300 Sony digital camera. I equipped it with Six accessory lenses, and the adapters to use the set of three superb, w. Rokkor lenses from my great old slide camera. I bought the latest books on how to use the CX300, and received instructions from a relative, a Pro. photographer, and had myself believing that I could take decent pictures. Now, with the photography situation under control, I had Two bad falls, and sustained head injuries, that resulted in severe memory loss, and I have forgot how to use, all but one of those camera lenses, the 24 mm wide angle lens, that I leave installed on the camera, and still use. I can no longer remember how to spell words, and it takes me a couple of hours, using an old style spell checker, to compose a letter such as this. Most of you photographers are much abler to take pictures than me. Enjoy it while you can.

Sut Tatersaul
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Sut, sorry to hear about your Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). I have seen firsthand what they can do to people and it is a debilitating injury. I hope you can recover. The folks I know have gotten better, but has been a multi-year recovery with many therapy sessions. Godspeed.
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

Sut Tatersaul wrote:Hi, All:
I have not decided whether to laugh, or cry, while I write this long, sad, hopeless, true story about my photography misadventures. I started the hobby in my youth, using the box cameras of the 1930 era, progressed through all of the types of cameras, to my last camera, a CX300 Sony digital camera. I equipped it with Six accessory lenses, and the adapters to use the set of three superb, w. Rokkor lenses from my great old slide camera. I bought the latest books on how to use the CX300, and received instructions from a relative, a Pro. photographer, and had myself believing that I could take decent pictures. Now, with the photography situation under control, I had Two bad falls, and sustained head injuries, that resulted in severe memory loss, and I have forgot how to use, all but one of those camera lenses, the 24 mm wide angle lens, that I leave installed on the camera, and still use. I can no longer remember how to spell words, and it takes me a couple of hours, using an old style spell checker, to compose a letter such as this. Most of you photographers are much abler to take pictures than me. Enjoy it while you can.

Sut Tatersaul
Sut,
Wow. Thanks for the reminder of how fragile our lives are. I take for granted the opportunity and ease of taking
Pictures, writing posts, and going about daily life. As Ralph said above, Godspeed in your recovery. Thanks for taking the time and effort to write this post. I will read your posts in a different way in the future.
Tony
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Amen to Tony and Ralph.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Sut Tatersaul

So sorry to read this Sut......so saddened. I wish you the best.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

Sut Tatersaul
Sut Tatersaul
Take your time to post .
We all have problems.It would take me the same amount of times to post.I find it's hard to spell .I can spell the word one day and the next I have problems.
I never was good at school education.
I found out I could remember numbers.I could work on machinery the reference book would shut and I could remember the page I was look at.( I had to look up remember)
All I am saying is the memory you have use it and don't worry about mistakes.
What we forget one day we remember the next.
God bless and enjoy life.

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Ditto Sut Tatersaul. Best wishes, hope and pray for the best recovery, and as long as you're doing your best it's sufficient.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Sut, you're probably a better photographer now than I will ever be. I hope you share your knowledge and skills whenever you can. We all have challenges in life to overcome and I will keep you in my prayers as you confront yours. Best wishes...

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Wishing you the best Sut! Glad to have you around here to share conversation.
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Sut, Keep up the posts, I think I speak for everyone on aapk, we enjoy reading every precious word you type, makes no difference how long or any mistakes you make, we all do that! Head injuries will heal with time,, I witnessed that while working in a Army Hospital in the 60's. Looking forward to more posts, ::tu:: Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Sut - So sorry to hear of your problems but indeed you are doing great with your posts - and no matter what you post we understand and only have deep respect for you!! I never talked about my career on AAPK but I was intimately involved in brain function and diseases as a neuroscientist... what you are doing by continuing to post is the best thing you can do - believe it or not the brain as we understand it today is like a muscle in a sense - exercising it by reading, writing etc helps the brain to recover from TBI and nerves in the brain respond by growing and remaining viable etc - something 30 years ago we never realized about brain function ... Keep on posting etc Sut - look forward to it! and most importantly keep enjoying all this knife stuff as you deserve it!!

Godspeed my friend!
Lee

Post by Sut Tatersaul »

Hi, All:
Thanks, for the kind words. They mean a lot to me.

Sut Tatersaul
It's Mind Over Matter, If You Don't Mind, It Don't Matter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Micarta and moss
Attachments
WP_20180306_010.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

A lovely effect Ivoryman.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”