KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by jerryd6818 »

doglegg wrote:
Doug51 wrote:I also bought these two Remington knives for $10ea. I don't think they are very old and I can't find much info on the yellow one.
Doug, aren't those knives designed to remove the choke tubes from shot guns? And also the little rimfire classics are a nice series, I have all but one now. A great little inexpensive collection.
Which one are you missing?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

doglegg wrote:
Doug51 wrote:I also bought these two Remington knives for $10ea. I don't think they are very old and I can't find much info on the yellow one.
Doug, aren't those knives designed to remove the choke tubes from shot guns? And also the little rimfire classics are a nice series, I have all but one now. A great little inexpensive collection.
Yep.. Choke tube (12ga-20ga) and on the bottom knife there is a pin pusher to disassemble the actions from the receiver.. Also a sight screwdriver at the end of the choke tube tool.. John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

doglegg wrote:
Are you missing either one of these rimfire knives that I have?
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Doug51 wrote:
doglegg wrote:
Are you missing either one of these rimfire knives that I have?
No Sir, I have those, just missing the #5. The little single blade mini lockback. But thanks for asking.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

jerryd6818 wrote:
doglegg wrote:
Which one are you missing?
Jerry I am down to just the #5 mini lock back. But it will show up one of these days. Thanks for asking.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

They gut me this cause it matches the BIG Green Skiddah :lol:
Attachments
IMG_0637.JPG
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Looks like a treasure garddogg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

A fine card and a fine knife for a fine guy.
Attachments
IMG_0637.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That's an awesome present there Dogg!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

G dogg I think somebody loves you. ::woot::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thanks guys ::handshake:: nothing like Grandkids.Thanks for turning it Jerry ::super_happy::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Gdogg, do they allow John Deere equipment up in Maine? :lol: That little green Case from the "grands" will surely go well with a "Big Green "Skiddah"! ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Nice one, Dogg!! ::tu:: ::tu::
Joe
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Special knife on a Special day for a Special Grandpa.. ::tu:: ::tu:: Doesn't get any better!! KOOLL!!! ::nod:: John :D

garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thanx guys ::handshake:: TF those green machines are the only one's that go in the snow ::nod::
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

While it is not a knife, I managed to snag this lightly used Lansky stone type (not diamond) sharpener at a garage sale for $2.00 today. I asked the woman who was running the sale if she had any pocket knives and she went inside and brought out a box with maybe 20 or so knives in it. Almost all were advertisers and beaters. I picked one out of the box, an Ulster stockman that didn't look too bad, and she grabbed it out of my hand and said "no, no these are going to my grandkids" and took them back inside. I said to her "family first, thats fine", and paid her for the Lansky. They would have a sentimental value to her grandkids of their departed grandpa. I can always use an extra Lansky or parts for $2.
IMG_2228.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

OC you did good on that pick up.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

At a gun show I picked up a German Scout knife marked Stoeker with SMF and a knight with a dagger trademark. Both Levine and Goins have it listed as Stocker SMF. It has stunning bone and near full blades I'm believing the knife and think both Levine and Goins spelled it wrong. The other 4 items I got on the way home at a rummage sale for $5 and includes a Remington R698, a small German hunting knife marked Seitz out on the blade, a leather edging tool marked Snell & Atherton and a heavy unusual pliers that I believe are for a forger or some kind of metal worker. It looks like the fattest pair of needle nose pliers I've ever seen. Total spent was only $30 ____Dave
Attachments
Gun show and rummage sale June 2018 002.JPG
Gun show and rummage sale June 2018 003.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

djknife13 wrote:At a gun show I picked up a German Scout knife marked Stoeker with SMF and a knight with a dagger trademark. Both Levine and Goins have it listed as Stocker SMF. It has stunning bone and near full blades I'm believing the knife and think both Levine and Goins spelled it wrong. The other 4 items I got on the way home at a rummage sale for $5 and includes a Remington R698, a small German hunting knife marked Seitz out on the blade, a leather edging tool marked Snell & Atherton and a heavy unusual pliers that I believe are for a forger or some kind of metal worker. It looks like the fattest pair of needle nose pliers I've ever seen. Total spent was only $30 ____Dave
Do folks in southern Minnesota find as neat a stuff as you do? Worth stopping.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Through out high school I carried a big ugly aluminum handled knife marked Big Chief. Lost it some where in my Senior year. I liked it because it was big and appeared indestructible. Got me out of trouble a few times and almost into trouble a few times. No silly rules about knives in school then. Even had a couple of teachers who would borrow it on occasion. Well I found one new in box and to my surprise it was made by Queen. Probably a fishing knife. Now I have one again and hope to take better care of it this time.
Queen Cutlery, 45, Big Chief
Queen Cutlery, 45, Big Chief
DSCN4556.JPG
DSCN4557.JPG
DSCN4558.JPG
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Doglegg ya gotta have a Big Chief if ya like knives! ::tu::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

doglegg, I had never seen a #45 Queen until a few years ago, found 2, both are used but as you say they seem to be indestructible. Glad you found a good one with a box! Also found out there are several configurations of the #45, EZ open, etc...
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks for the input Greg and TF.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Kool find there dog!!! ::tu:: Now.. Don't loose thisun!!! :lol: Enjoy!!! John :D

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

doglegg wrote:
djknife13 wrote:At a gun show I picked up a German Scout knife marked Stoeker with SMF and a knight with a dagger trademark. Both Levine and Goins have it listed as Stocker SMF. It has stunning bone and near full blades I'm believing the knife and think both Levine and Goins spelled it wrong. The other 4 items I got on the way home at a rummage sale for $5 and includes a Remington R698, a small German hunting knife marked Seitz out on the blade, a leather edging tool marked Snell & Atherton and a heavy unusual pliers that I believe are for a forger or some kind of metal worker. It looks like the fattest pair of needle nose pliers I've ever seen. Total spent was only $30 ____Dave
Do folks in southern Minnesota find as neat a stuff as you do? Worth stopping.
Dogleg, Minnesota, at least Northern Mn. is a great place to buy anything at rummage sales, antique shops and gun shows, but a lousy place to sell them. Us Scandinavians are frugal, and the local Germans and Finns aren't much different. An old knife or tool is worth a buck. If you are trying to sell a $200 knife for $100, they will offer you $10. I paid $1 for the Remington hawkbill, but it is kind of a mess. I have several of those Queen Big Chief's, and I paid around $10 or $20 each for them.____Dave

Return to “General Knife Discussion”