KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by jerryd6818 »

You might want to consider having one of our several knife mechanics put some new covers on the knife. Spiff it up a bit. Sure not going to hurt the value.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

That is indeed a great find! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Pawn shop finds a Colonial Camp master for two bucks then two HKS speed loafers for ten bucks
Attachments
49DBDB59-B94B-4EE1-B31F-4F36002DAB2B.jpeg
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Theo

Post by Theo »

garddogg56 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:51 pm Clean her up and throw her in yer pocket great carry
Don't know if it could handle that , if you look at the plastic scales it is cracks all over them both sides. I could spin the handles and clean the outside liners, then ultragel lock tight super glued them back. I was very lucky the handles didn't fall apart......but they didn't till one little piece popped when clamping it together, got it back in place ::ds:: Might just might just make some handles :roll:
My new store http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/theo

“I don’t wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you’re standing in my way, one way or the other, you’re gettin’ outta my way.” – Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) Reservoir Dogs
Theo

Post by Theo »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:03 pm You might want to consider having one of our several knife mechanics put some new covers on the knife. Spiff it up a bit. Sure not going to hurt the value.
That sounds like a good plan Jerry, doesn't matter how long it takes and they are probably all backed up with work. ::hmm::
My new store http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/theo

“I don’t wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you’re standing in my way, one way or the other, you’re gettin’ outta my way.” – Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) Reservoir Dogs
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

A gentleman at church knows I like pocket knives and gave me this little Colonial Prov. USA stockman today. Love it when a surprise comes my way. Has Patent 3,317,996 on it as well. He said he found it in a jar of nuts and bolts and thought i might like it. I do and appreciate his kindness! :)
Attachments
20230107_183916.jpg
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Great finds, garddogg and woodwalker! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Good looking Forest Master Dogg, Those are solid knives with good blade steel, yours looks like it's in pretty good shape, can't go wrong for 2 bucks.

Woodwalker that was mighty thoughtful of your friend to gift you that little Colonial. The handles on it remind me of a little Anvil brand stockman that I have, which was also made by Colonial.
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Dan In MI wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:55 pm Great finds, garddogg and woodwalker! ::tu::
Thanks Dan! Good to see you posting again! ::handshake:: :)
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

313 Mike wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:16 pm Good looking Forest Master Dogg, Those are solid knives with good blade steel, yours looks like it's in pretty good shape, can't go wrong for 2 bucks.

Woodwalker that was mighty thoughtful of your friend to gift you that little Colonial. The handles on it remind me of a little Anvil brand stockman that I have, which was also made by Colonial.
Thanks Mike! Very nice gentleman at church. Always appreciate thoughtful people. He will be gifted something in return. ::handshake:: :)
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

They are good knives for hunting bag for Grandkids. ::handshake::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Played a little show in Denton, MD with an old friend of mine from Gatchellville ,PA. He brought me this BROCH & Co, NY , 2-1/2" , "shadow" pen. It's in near-mint condition, un-resharpened and shiny. Eleven tiny stars, possibly silver, inlaid in the mark side scale. The pile side scale looks like ivory but the mark side has remains of a few very small capillaries so I'm guessing it's white bone on both sides. Levine says Broch was an importer of German knives c.1885. That's pre-tariff so it's not marked "Germany". First one I've ever seen or heard of. If anyone has any more info on BROCH & Co. I'd appreciate hearing it. Thanks, J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_5093.jpg
IMG_5095.jpg
IMG_5094.jpg
IMG_5096.jpg
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Ridgegrass wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:32 am Played a little show in Denton, MD with an old friend of mine from Gatchellville ,PA. He brought me this BROCH & Co, NY , 2-1/2" , "shadow" pen. It's in near-mint condition, un-resharpened and shiny. Eleven tiny stars, possibly silver, inlaid in the mark side scale. The pile side scale looks like ivory but the mark side has remains of a few very small capillaries so I'm guessing it's white bone on both sides. Levine says Broch was an importer of German knives c.1885. That's pre-tariff so it's not marked "Germany". First one I've ever seen or heard of. If anyone has any more info on BROCH & Co. I'd appreciate hearing it. Thanks, J.O'.
Beautiful knife and amazing craftsmanship.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

woodwalker wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:36 pm Thanks Dan! Good to see you posting again! ::handshake::
Thank you, woodwalker! ::handshake::
Ridgegrass wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:32 am Eleven tiny stars, possibly silver, inlaid in the mark side scale.
I have to wonder if it left the factory that way? Regardless, it's a very neat and interesting old knife! ::tu::
USN 2000-2006
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Thanks Dan.. Maybe a jeweler's specialty item. They are very evenly done. Can't find much on the BROCH Co. other than an importer ?? I don't own a Goins so....... J.O'.
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

C-Wade7: ::handshake:: J.O'.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Slim pickens today...
Attachments
IMG_0434.JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

TripleF wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:25 am Slim pickens today...
Oh, I don't know. I think you did pretty good. Depends on what you're using for a ruler. (what you're comparing it to)
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Not too shabby I say. Those Buck Wenger's aren't real common.
What is the little feller beside it, with the bail ??
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

An excellent find to me.... ::tu::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Well not sure these finds were me finding them as much as they found me.. At the show this weekend these came to my booth for trades or purchase. I guess 1 Bulldog, 3 Bokers and 9 Case XX
Attachments
IMG_2854.JPG
IMG_2855.JPG
IMG_2856.JPG
IMG_2857.JPG
IMG_2858.JPG
IMG_2859.JPG
IMG_2860.JPG
IMG_2861.JPG
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

There sure is some good stuff in that bunch! What is the equal ender above the SAK?
JamieinWV wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:07 pm I guess 1 Bulldog, 3 Bokers and 9 Case XX
Another great group! Just curious here: the one Copperhead looks like a 1980, but what is the other one?
USN 2000-2006
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Well Dan after moving the blade in every possible position, it appears to be 6 dot 1974 carbon
Attachments
IMG_2869.JPG
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Thanks, Jamie! ::handshake::
USN 2000-2006
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

Must be meant to be since they came to you, Jamie! Nice bunch there!
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan

Return to “General Knife Discussion”