KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
bronze4u

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by bronze4u »

Just arrived today! ::ds::

Over 100years old!

ANTIQUE VOM CLEFF ADVERTISING KNIFE "HUDSONIL" COMPLIMENTS OF OF THE DANUBIL CO.

Knife opens very smoothly and easily, by pinching disc and twisting. No rings needed after all! ::tu::
thumbnail_IMG_4782.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4785 - Copy.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4789 - Copy.jpg
If you’re gonna be dumb... You better be tough!
Delmar Morgan

Post by Delmar Morgan »

1503770691437-1484313085.jpg
I traded a 1970's John Primble stockman for this Cattaraugus I guess it's a jack knife , today. Took this pic outside but handles are a lighter brown than the pic shows , the tablet I use don't take very good pic's.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Very nice cigar jack, Delmar. You don't see too many easy-open cigar jacks like that and the master blade is nice and full. The handles are bone, yes?

Excellent specimen, sir! ::tu::
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Found 5 knives plus a block with about 20 misc. butcher knives at an auction today.. Folders inckude a old Rigid lock back, a Olsen Ltl. critter, a Buck 379 (China) a Marbles (China) and a Boker-Matic. ____Dave
Attachments
auction Cresent Aug 2017 knives 001.JPG
auction Cresent Aug 2017 knives 002.JPG
Delmar Morgan

Post by Delmar Morgan »

Tsar Bomba , yes they're jigged bone handles. ::super_happy::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Dave,
It looks like you have at least one folder in the knife block, one of them French things, maybe, with the bee or fly on the back, a Laguiole or somethin' like that. ::shrug::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I spy an ice pick in that gaggle of knives Dave. :D
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

philco wrote:I spy an ice pick in that gaggle of knives Dave. :D
Yeah Phil, that is probably the best item in the lot, and it isn't much. The block is pretty neat and there are interesting knives in it but nothing of any value. I paid $5 for the package. ____Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

treefarmer wrote:Dave,
It looks like you have at least one folder in the knife block, one of them French things, maybe, with the bee or fly on the back, a Laguiole or somethin' like that. ::shrug::
Treefarmer
Good eye Philip. Actually it looks like maybe two. The one farther to the right with pakkawood handles looks like it may also be a Laguiole.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

jerryd6818 wrote:
treefarmer wrote:Dave,
Treefarmer
Good eye Philip. Actually it looks like maybe two. The one farther to the right with pakkawood handles looks like it may also be a Laguiole.
The handles may have started out French, but somewhere a Pakastan got a hold of them and added his blades and made them fixed blades. There are some nice old butcher knives in the pile but nothing great. The auctioneer was pulling stuff out from under a tarp and selling it in the rain so we were bidding pretty much blindly and the prices we paid weren't enough to worry much about what we were getting. The block is pretty cool. It has some kind of a filler that allows knives to be stuck in anywhere instead of slots. I doubt it's very sanitary for kitchen use but I can store 20 or 25 knives in this thing. I paid $5 for the package and was the only bidder. ___Dave
Attachments
odd knives 001.JPG
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

djknife13 wrote: The block is pretty cool. It has some kind of a filler that allows knives to be stuck in anywhere instead of slots. I doubt it's very sanitary for kitchen use ___Dave
I made a block like that using some walnut I had. I used bamboo skewers as the filler. Never gave sanitation a thought and 20 years later, here I still am.
Attachments
Knife Block.JPG
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Yours looks way cleaner than the one I bought full of rusty knives off a hay wagon full of primitives and old tools. They sure hold a ton of knives and any size. ___Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I got the idea from one I had seen someplace and tailored the dimensions to my needs. It's as handy as a pocket on a shirt. Sure glad I put in the time and effort.

Clean yours up, throw away that nasty, unsanitary 'stuff', go to a party store and pick up about a million dollars worth of bamboo skewers and put them in it. You'll be happy you did.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

jerryd6818 wrote:I got the idea from one I had seen someplace and tailored the dimensions to my needs. It's as handy as a pocket on a shirt. Sure glad I put in the time and effort.Clean yours up, throw away that nasty, unsanitary 'stuff', go to a party store and pick up about a million dollars worth of bamboo skewers and put them in it. You'll be happy you did.
Now, that looks like it WORKS. If'n ya get too many knives to jam in there, just load up a few skewers with shrimps, peppers, onions, etc. and grill them off. I like this idea a lot. And I am a BIG fan of bamboo in the kitchen. It is awesome material.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

That's a cool knife block Jerry.....love it!

Local pawn shop finds today:
Leatherman OHT
Leatherman Original (w/ original box and leather sheath) Has business name engraved on handle. MINT!
2 Gerber's
Attachments
IMG_3461.JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Every knife or tool looks in excellent shape. Exceptionally nice haul. Congrats.
Berryb

Post by Berryb »

So I got carried away at the Wallace (Id.) flea market today. What's wrong with me? for what I spent on these I could have gotten a really gorgeous camillus sailor's Knife, but for some reason I'd rather have these interesting old beaters. The bottom is a Grand Rapids Mich. Navy fliers knife. Next up a Holub Sycamore Lineman's knife (I gotta be readin' that wrong). Next, a Keen Kutter, I don't Know what the CAC is for, but it was a dandy at one time. the blades are all heavy like whittlers. Next a Fairmount cutlery co. it's seen better days. The lady's leg has a missing blade and a short one, but anything with an opener or a corkscrew I gotta get. Then a little advertiser. Mary Jo says 'this one's from Havre" I took her word for it and bought it (I collect old Montana trinkets and give aways). I got it home, it's from Harvey La. Oh well.... And last a nice little Pfluger Fly reel, I've been collectin' fishin' tackle a lot longer than knives.
Bruce
Attachments
DSC_0007.JPG
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

That was a worthwhile trip if you want my opinion. Really like that large Navy knife. ::tu::
steve99f
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Way to go, Bruce! You can play with them and not worry about 'em being scratched or dinged up.
Treefarmer

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Nothing spectacular from the Marble Arms show this weekend but I got a few knives on the way too and from the show and a nice machinist's cabinet for $40 at the show. It was a pain to haul a half mile to the car but it has metal drawer glides and is in good shape. The knives are a Buck 110 from 1991, a unmarked metal probably WW2 vintage, a Lamphlough (Germany) bone jack with fairly full pitted blades and decient snap, a Marietti hawkbill, penny style that appears to have had almost no use and a daisy BB gun to shoot at the indoor gallery I got at an auction last week. ____Dave
Attachments
Merikay's deck and Labor Day purchases 2017 006.JPG
Merikay's deck and Labor Day purchases 2017 005.JPG
Mountain Man Knives

Post by Mountain Man Knives »

Pretty nice score you got there, I too used to have one of them Daisy's ~ Growing up on a Ranch my first BB Gun was the Daisy 102 until Christmas one year my Parents got me and my brother both a Daisy 840 ~ Oh Boy what a Christmas Morning that was ~ We were Blessed my Parents always made us as well as LIFE a Blessing and a Celebration ~ New Years, Saint Patrick's Day, Easter, Round-Up's , Fourth of July, Summer Camping Trips, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas ~ Those BB Guns were a Surprise from Santa Clause my Parents always leaving one gift that wasn't wrapped from Santa and one Christmas Eve Present we were allowed to open ~ We always had a Real Tree from the Christmas Tree lot too going down there in our Ford Torino Station Wagon ~ Christmas Tree Lot always Smelled Fantastic ~ It's funny seeing something from our childhood can bring back a flood of good times and good memories ~ Anyways NICE SCORE ~

According to Today's Standards we may of not had Much ~ But We Always had each other ~ ::tu::
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Man, $40 for that machinist chest? I hope you were running to your car, cause you stole that thing! Great looking chest!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Wow, I just did a search on e-bay lookin' at wooden machinist cabinets, I'd say that Dave did very well! I didn't realize those things were so well thought of, some of them were down right high priced. I did see a genuine metal tag for one that was 1/2 of what he paid for the whole cabinet. ::clapping:: Congratulations, Dave!
Treefarmer

Mountain Man Knives

Post by Mountain Man Knives »

treefarmer wrote:Wow, I just did a search on e-bay lookin' at wooden machinist cabinets, I'd say that Dave did very well! I didn't realize those things were so well thought of, some of them were down right high priced. I did see a genuine metal tag for one that was 1/2 of what he paid for the whole cabinet. ::clapping:: Congratulations, Dave!
Treefarmer
Harbor Freight carries a Nice 8 Drawer Chest at around $70.00 and Grizzly has their name on one that I think is the same manufacturer but a 10 Drawer for $140.00 seen some on eBay were the lid has a piece of glass in it to view your top shelf knives and they have been selling for $250.00 ~ He did good I would say Plus his has the Patina look ~ ::tu::
ludwig26

Post by ludwig26 »

Got the little John Carver at the flea market
And pulled the Russell boys knife of the bay.
Kerry
Attachments
IMG_1804.JPG

Return to “General Knife Discussion”