KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by djknife13 »

Marked with the Simmons included should make your knife pre 1940. The master blade appears to have been reshaped or something looks off. Maybe it's just the picture that makes it look like something is wrong. It appears to be in really nice shape. When I blew up the picture, I agree the jigging looks different too. I'll be anxious to see what others think of your knife. ____Dave
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

That is a very nice photograph of a very nice knife.
Great old bone on that one and unique bolsters.
Is the main clip a bit short?
Joe
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Interesting frame shape, with the squared off bottom bolster, straight sides and the regular top bolster. As Dave said, the master blade just doesn't look quite right, definitely extensively reshaped. At the very least, I am pretty sure the knife has been rehandled. That is not Keen Kutter bone. Also, the handle pins are spun, which I don't normally expect on a Simmons era Keen Kutter. Interesting knife, it would be good to see a few more photos.
Dan
richard

Post by richard »

very nice knife
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

Not a knife, but related. Sales/display box.
4F04CE94-A11A-4155-9C96-8F5F1CB83A3C.jpeg
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Saw very few knives that in my estimation were worth having this morning at the portion of the Flea Across Florida yard sale. ::td:: Always lots of cheap junk, China made zombie killers and such. There were a few commemorative Case knives in the fancy packages that had fancy prices too! Finally found a feller that had several that were interesting and after a bit of dickering became almost affordable. Ended up with one of them "2 fer deals", I really liked the 6207, not so much the 03244. (the 03244 pattern has an interesting "change" according to Knifaholic's book) Also found a pretty good used lasso, the burner is hardly scarred so it is as good as new to me. ::tu::
007.JPG

Probably go back tomorrow for a short look see.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Philip, looks like a pretty good day. Congrats. ::tu::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Phil, looks like you hit a homer. Nice work. ___Dave
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Nice old lasso or as I call them a "rope" lol. Also like the yellow handled Case. I carried a old case sodbuster for many years while in Wy. I pretty much wore it out and retired it. Had to file the kick down so the point would get low enough as to not cut my fingers when drawing it out of my pocket. I still have my old rope out in the shed too. Memories! ::handshake:: Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Thanks, Fellers!
Terry the old ropes we used back in the day are still in use around the place even though we've not had cattle in about 20 years. These nylon ropes are almost indestructible, I've only had one to fail and it was because a crazy horse we were loading somehow sawed the rope on a sharp edge of the trailer. I still have that rope, it's a bit short but now has a Hondo/eye on each end, it has been used to pull many deer hides.

Back to the topic of the forum, found a Western 751 today. I have no real love for folding fish knives but hey this one is a Western!
At the Flea Across Florida yard sale this morning, I met a couple of old fellers that had a bunch of junk for sale, I asked about pocket knives, one feller said I got a sack full over in my truck I forgot to lay out. I followed him to his truck and he handed me the zip lock bag full of knives, mostly China junk and a couple of shell handled knives and one yellow handled fish knife. I rolled the bag around a few times and something caught my eye about the yellow handled fish knife, it had brass liners ::hmm:: . Fished it out and lo and behold it was a Western 751 complete with hook sharpener still in attached! Here is where it gets a bit funny. The 2nd feller said I want to see the knife! He said , "Hmmm, an ol' Colonial". I said nope, it's not. (should have kept my mouth shut) He dug out his loupe and said, "Hmmm, a Western, now that's a valuable one!" Had to point out 2 tiny cracks in the handles, he kept on, then I showed him there was a slight bend in the tip of the clip blade. Finally got him down to a reasonable price. Never had one of these before, with a little dab of Mothers Mag it ought to look good! ::tu::
Western S-751
Western S-751
blades seem full, need a good cleaning
blades seem full, need a good cleaning
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Congrats Philip. Great find. ::nod::
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Great finds, gentlemen!
May I lay out my haul? The Knife Fairy smiled upon me and laid these in my path! ::groove::

Ok, I got ‘em all at the Red Barn Flea Market! ::tu::

I’ll explain as I go.
From left to right - a tiny fixed, with case. It seems pretty cheap but the blade is half decent and it was cute! It’ll go with my other two little ones. <br />Next is a cream celluloid Imperial in great shape. I really like the look of this one. <br />The mosaic Colonial has been yelling at me for a long time. I finally got it with the big grey and orange celluloid next to it. $5 off for taking both. <br />Oh yeah, the big guy. Thanks to being kindly bombed with three Richards a while back, I finally recognized it for what it was. One of my Bombs has the 30 on it, along with an explanation that Richards did sometimes fly incognito behind that no. 30. So, I actually knew what it was! <br />The top money clip/blade/file is from Domtar. Well then...since my Dad drove forklift for Domtar, a total of 23 years, I kind of had to give it a good home! <br />Finally, the little fob knife is nice for my growing side line in the little jewels. <br /><br />Not a bad day!
From left to right - a tiny fixed, with case. It seems pretty cheap but the blade is half decent and it was cute! It’ll go with my other two little ones.
Next is a cream celluloid Imperial in great shape. I really like the look of this one.
The mosaic Colonial has been yelling at me for a long time. I finally got it with the big grey and orange celluloid next to it. $5 off for taking both.
Oh yeah, the big guy. Thanks to being kindly bombed with three Richards a while back, I finally recognized it for what it was. One of my Bombs has the 30 on it, along with an explanation that Richards did sometimes fly incognito behind that no. 30. So, I actually knew what it was!
The top money clip/blade/file is from Domtar. Well then...since my Dad drove forklift for Domtar, a total of 23 years, I kind of had to give it a good home!
Finally, the little fob knife is nice for my growing side line in the little jewels.

Not a bad day!
3945F084-4FFA-4D3D-9E1F-14AF47B84398.jpeg
E29BEE6E-051C-47E1-9C85-E18F62C69056.jpeg
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Whoops, forgot to fix the pic!
0F66E118-BDF2-4443-AFAA-9BDF5633C196.jpeg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Cool Ann, you're going to need a bigger box! Fun pick ups. ::nod:: ::tu::
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Ha! I just broke out my new boxes! I get little two and three drawer cosmetic boxes from the dollar store. They work very well.
Got to do some straightening.
59D2F085-3607-4D8F-B43B-A98219015F6F.jpeg
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

That's a great idea Ann... ::tu::
Just remember to leave the drawers open once in a while so they have good air circulation. Celluloid and all.
JMHO
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

WillyCamaro wrote:That's a great idea Ann... ::tu::
Just remember to leave the drawers open once in a while so they have good air circulation. Celluloid and all.
JMHO
Right! Thanks for the reminder. I actually need to do that more. ::tu::
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Couple from the mail and a couple from the pawn shops around!
Attachments
IMG_4290.JPG
IMG_4291.JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Good looking bunch Scott. ::tu::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Always enjoy the variety of what you find Scott. ::tu::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Two KA-Bars from the North Star Blade Collector's meeting. I like older knives but these two just made such a nice picture I brought them home. I think they are from the 1980's and I have a couple more (a sunfish and a large coke bottle hunter) in the safe that I've had for a few years so I suppose I should pull them out for a family picture. ____Dave
Attachments
KA-BAR swing-guard 001.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Dave you always come away with beauties from you knife club and those two are no exception. ::tu:: ::tu::
Tony_Wood

Post by Tony_Wood »

TripleF wrote:Couple from the mail and a couple from the pawn shops around!
Scott, you always walk away with a good variety.
My local pawn shops have nothing but junk.
djknife13 wrote:Two KA-Bars from the North Star Blade Collector's meeting. I like older knives but these two just made such a nice picture I brought them home. I think they are from the 1980's and I have a couple more (a sunfish and a large coke bottle hunter) in the safe that I've had for a few years so I suppose I should pull them out for a family picture. ____Dave
Dave, those are beauties. I look forward to the family pic. Especially with the sunfish.
https://m.facebook.com/sheepsfootknives/?ref=bookmarks

Instagram: #sheepsfootknivesbytwood
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Thanks fellas. ::handshake::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Nice, gentlemen!
I have two to present, so far, one picked up yesterday and one today.

The first little celluloid item isn’t exactly a knife, but it’s made like one. All four ‘blade’ are manicure tools. I picked it up for five bucks at an antique store.
The big one is new and very inexpensive. I just can’t remember the name of its type. I’ll have to go look it up. Anyway, it’s perfect for a purse knife. Super sharp and very thin, still it has quite a sturdy blade and ought to do just about anything I may need. It won’t even make a bulge in the purse!
6F09B51D-BE0B-4AE1-BDD4-DA246E9CBB3E.jpeg
attachment=0]A59AC760-7CBA-4199-8E52-6BCAC79E705C.jpeg[/attachment]
3D4EB8B8-B0D8-4742-B1CD-97BB07C602FB.jpeg
A7322FA3-05EB-4827-8B8A-24FA188E69CD.jpeg
I have to admit, I just like this guy. Little toughie!
I have to admit, I just like this guy. Little toughie!
[

Return to “General Knife Discussion”