KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
KnifeSlinger#81

Re: KNIFE FINDS OF THE DAY

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

That camillus is well worth $11.50 alone :D
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Knives I picked up over the weekend. From the North Star Blade Collector's meeting today I got these four; A 4 blade HS&B peachseed bone with a bar shield, a Marshall Wells Waterfall pen with birdseye rivets, a IC Co. green swirl harness jack (probably a very early Imperial), and a ivory handled T Charlton, Sheffield with fancy bolsters. Goins dates it early 1900's but I suspect it's considerably earlier than that. On the way back home I stopped at an antique shop and found three more knives: a Robeson red bone 622730, a Ariel picture knife (dogs and sailboats) and a Simmons Keen Kutter 1365 1/2 ebony with a concave sheepsfoot blade. The two lockback hunters (a Gerber and a Browning 650) came from a rummage sale on the way home Friday for $3 each. The white thing is a alligator jaw bone letter opener one of my sons gave me Friday night for my birthday. He was pretty sure I didn't have one. The whole pile was a under $150. ____Dave
Attachments
knives Birthday June 2018 001.JPG
whitebuffalo58

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

Wow, nice haul Dave! ::tu::

I'm thinkin' you must have made a wish, blew out the candles and your wish came true! Way to work those B-day wishes buddy! :D

WB
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

I second that Dave ::tu:: ::tu:: I haven't been on the hunt much but I couldn't pass these up for what I stole em for ::super_happy:: Buck 301 for which I never owned,and since I have Grandies another U.S.A. made fishing knife never hurts.one of my Grandies will earn the 50'N.R.A. marksmanship award.
Attachments
IMG_20180617_133847844.jpg
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Gardd… I like them both.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Daddy gave me these two yesterday on Father’s Day. Old Solingen Boker jumbo Congress (missing the shield of course) and a little Camillus 40 half whittler. He knows I love a good HOK. I had already given him a new SAK Spartan. So it was like a knife swap between Dad and me in Father’s Day.
562DFAA3-2BB1-4707-9257-72D56ED08AA1.jpeg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thanx Dogglegg ::handshake:: Colonel thats a helluva swap ::tu::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Brought home 4 knives from central Florida.
A 6445R CASE XX with red bone handles.
A Camillus electrician (TL-29 type) wooden handles, short line stamp, I think 1946-'50.
A Camillus Marlin Spike, CAMILLUS over STAINLESS over USA. Have no idea on this one's age.
A Camillus 65, unsharpened, 197X-198X as per AAPK charts.
Going to clean them up with a rag and some Mothers and then do a little more research. I feel like the Case maybe a good one. ::hmm::
Treefarmer
DSCN4731.JPG

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

I bought these two Camillus with boxes/papers for $10ea. Now to do some research as I'm new to this knife stuff.
Attachments
IMG_20180619_070148913.jpg
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

I also bought these two Remington knives for $10ea. I don't think they are very old and I can't find much info on the yellow one.
Attachments
IMG_20180619_070725.jpg
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

treefarmer wrote:Brought home 4 knives from central Florida.
A 6445R CASE XX with red bone handles.
A Camillus electrician (TL-29 type) wooden handles, short line stamp, I think 1946-'50.
A Camillus Marlin Spike, CAMILLUS over STAINLESS over USA. Have no idea on this one's age.
A Camillus 65, unsharpened, 197X-198X as per AAPK charts.
Going to clean them up with a rag and some Mothers and then do a little more research. I feel like the Case maybe a good one. ::hmm::
Treefarmer
DSCN4731.JPG
Phil that Case looks like a great find, and the white Camillus sure looks interesting without scale pins. Nice pile of knives. ___Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Doug51 wrote:I bought these two Camillus with boxes/papers for $10ea. Now to do some research as I'm new to this knife stuff.
Excellent purchase. Piece of cake dating the Rimfire Classics. The year made is stamped into the back of the tang on the main blade. There were 7 made and you can see the patterns here ---► http://www.camillusknives.ru/2mainframe ... shtml~main
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

jerryd6818 wrote:
Doug51 wrote:I bought these two Camillus with boxes/papers for $10ea. Now to do some research as I'm new to this knife stuff.
Excellent purchase. Piece of cake dating the Rimfire Classics. The year made is stamped into the back of the tang on the main blade. There were 7 made and you can see the patterns here ---► http://www.camillusknives.ru/2mainframe ... shtml~main
Thanks Jerry!
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

You all have been picking up some great knives! Phillip that Case scout looks real purty, looking forward to seeing some more pics of it once you get it settled in...
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Doug51 wrote:I also bought these two Remington knives for $10ea. I don't think they are very old and I can't find much info on the yellow one.
Doug, aren't those knives designed to remove the choke tubes from shot guns? And also the little rimfire classics are a nice series, I have all but one now. A great little inexpensive collection.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

doglegg wrote:
Doug51 wrote:I also bought these two Remington knives for $10ea. I don't think they are very old and I can't find much info on the yellow one.
Doug, aren't those knives designed to remove the choke tubes from shot guns? And also the little rimfire classics are a nice series, I have all but one now. A great little inexpensive collection.
Which one are you missing?
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

doglegg wrote:
Yep.. Choke tube (12ga-20ga) and on the bottom knife there is a pin pusher to disassemble the actions from the receiver.. Also a sight screwdriver at the end of the choke tube tool.. John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

doglegg wrote:
Are you missing either one of these rimfire knives that I have?
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Doug51 wrote:
doglegg wrote:
Are you missing either one of these rimfire knives that I have?
No Sir, I have those, just missing the #5. The little single blade mini lockback. But thanks for asking.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

jerryd6818 wrote:
doglegg wrote:
Which one are you missing?
Jerry I am down to just the #5 mini lock back. But it will show up one of these days. Thanks for asking.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

They gut me this cause it matches the BIG Green Skiddah :lol:
Attachments
IMG_0637.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Looks like a treasure garddogg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

A fine card and a fine knife for a fine guy.
Attachments
IMG_0637.JPG
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That's an awesome present there Dogg!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

G dogg I think somebody loves you. ::woot::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “General Knife Discussion”