Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Ivoryman

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by Ivoryman »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:29 am
Ivoryman wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:23 am Sorry to hear about the outgassing because it's a pretty knife with cool swirls. But I get it. That's why I don't buy celluloid. Anxious to see what you turn it into. Good luck and can't wait for the before and after.

An old unused '65-69 62087 with decent bones and great walk and talk, great fit and finish, great action, smooth everything. Very happy with it.
This knife seems kindda off style for you Iman, you're usually posting Wharncliffe's and such, but it's still a really cool little folder! And, over 50 yrs. old and unused, unheard of! 8)
Ahhhh, you know me so well. But the problem with these sixties Case knives is they didn't put any Wharns on that I"ve ever seen. Not a big deal, I like clips and spears, but that's the reason. I like decades old Case and Schrade knives and don't really see the Wharns. ::shrug:: But if you've seen the "What's your fave EDC" thread lately, then you know a lot of the time I don't carry a Wharn. Part of it is they didn't put them on this era of knives as far as I know. But thanks for the compliments always and keep me on the straight and narrow. :mrgreen: :lol:
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
TPK

Post by TPK »

Ivoryman wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:23 am Sorry to hear about the outgassing because it's a pretty knife with cool swirls. But I get it. That's why I don't buy celluloid. Anxious to see what you turn it into. Good luck and can't wait for the before and after.

An old unused '65-69 62087 with decent bones and great walk and talk, great fit and finish, great action, smooth everything. Very happy with it.
Man this one is sooooo sweeeeet! ::nod:: I love those bones! ::nod:: ::tu::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks a lot TPK, appreciate it and agree wholeheartedly. Thanks again, hope you're having a good weekend.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Ivoryman wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:32 pm
Madmarco wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:29 am

This knife seems kindda off style for you Iman, you're usually posting Wharncliffe's and such, but it's still a really cool little folder! And, over 50 yrs. old and unused, unheard of! 8)
Ahhhh, you know me so well. But the problem with these sixties Case knives is they didn't put any Wharns on that I"ve ever seen. Not a big deal, I like clips and spears, but that's the reason. I like decades old Case and Schrade knives and don't really see the Wharns. ::shrug:: But if you've seen the "What's your fave EDC" thread lately, then you know a lot of the time I don't carry a Wharn. Part of it is they didn't put them on this era of knives as far as I know. But thanks for the compliments always and keep me on the straight and narrow. :mrgreen: :lol:
I get it for sure bud, it definitely was unknown to me about your liking for old Case and Schrade knives and that's why the knife you posted seemed off to me, but actually after taking a 2nd look, I'm wondering if it was simply the absence of the wharnnie blade that caught my attention, and had it had a wharnnie blade in the picture would I have really noticed? ::hmm:: I have such a 1-track mind that of the over 300 knives I own I can count on both hands how many of those knives don't have dagger, spear-point, or drop-point blades. Clip-points you ask? If I looked reallllly hard I might find 1 or 2 little ones. And please buddy, don't stay on the straight and narrow on my behalf! LOL! 8)
8)
Clark23

Post by Clark23 »

My newest to me, my first Nagle Reblade a quite rare bird and a Ad from a 1915 Magazine. Quite a happy knife owner this weekend! Hope all enjoy looking, TIA ::handshake:: :D
Attachments
B8A20F5A-855C-4132-9DB7-5CEC54E4CFDC.jpeg
202F3E63-4965-4D56-96A2-1F15A4569574.jpeg
2D179F81-53A3-4539-A952-43141E92D222.jpeg
F3C63B2D-8346-4E3B-837C-EF0C066047C3.jpeg
6BF1FA87-580A-41BC-8915-97C1A25DE859.png
8BDCF239-CAB1-4AD3-8EE7-7BE2AD1E8750.png
30EA5757-69D6-4424-B291-231619C70459.jpeg
72C5DAC0-BAAF-4AD2-BA41-506007F0D75D.jpeg
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Now, that is a great knife! 8)

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Clark23

Post by Clark23 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:42 am Now, that is a great knife! 8)

Ray
Thank you Ray! :D ::handshake::
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Clark23 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:12 am My newest to me, my first Nagle Reblade a quite rare bird and a Ad from a 1915 Magazine. Quite a happy knife owner this weekend! Hope all enjoy looking, TIA ::handshake:: :D
Gorgeous bone, great looking knife, I love TDrops too. Everything to like about that one. Congrats on a great score.
Clark23

Post by Clark23 »

Ivoryman wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:37 am
Clark23 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:12 am My newest to me, my first Nagle Reblade a quite rare bird and a Ad from a 1915 Magazine. Quite a happy knife owner this weekend! Hope all enjoy looking, TIA ::handshake:: :D
Gorgeous bone, great looking knife, I love TDrops too. Everything to like about that one. Congrats on a great score.
Thank you very much Ivoryman! :D ::handshake::
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Steamboat Willie »

::tu::
Never seen such an animal, very cool! ::tu::
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

I picked up this Wenoka Blackie Collins dive knife and sheath, a good Japan made, I will clean up and buff and sharpen it, to get it back to presentable shape. but here is a picture as i found it.
Attachments
IMG_2222.JPG
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv
TPK

Post by TPK »

I'm with Willie, never knew there was such a brand. Witch makes it even more beautiful if that is at all possible. ::nod:: Congrats on a great find! ::handshake:: ::tu::

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Seeing a beautiful old knife like that makes me wish I collected old knives. That’s the kind I would have, what a beauty. Love that pattern and the bone is exquisite.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Received this Schrade 194OT from Jeffin Saturday
Attachments
IMG_2237.JPG
IMG_2239.JPG
IMG_2240.JPG
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Lookin' good Jamie! Is it for the store or your collection? ::shrug:: 8)
8)
Whitneyrifle

Post by Whitneyrifle »

Okay, Okay, I know I need rehab! I have a Ka-bar addiction, but come’on! I got the whole set of dinner knives for $25! It’s also by A&F, I have never seen a complete set.
Attachments
A2818043-2C43-4223-A6A0-EE0D77E21BA3.jpeg
1C9F5744-6397-4362-A5EE-A900D20E7FA0.jpeg
4CE2D8E0-8FBB-4B06-9046-FDDB5F1C29BB.jpeg
2904E279-1831-47CB-85FD-83887AAC2D1B.jpeg
image.jpg
You have to be trusted by the people that lie to you. So that when they turn their backs on you, You'll get the chance to put the knife in….
TPK

Post by TPK »

Whitneyrifle wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:55 pm Okay, Okay, I know I need rehab! I have a Ka-bar addiction, but come’on! I got the whole set for $25! It’s also by A&F, I have never seen a complete set.
Razor set? Great price! ::nod:: Congrats Buddy! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

TPK

Post by TPK »

JamieinWV wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:06 pm Received this Schrade 194OT from Jeffin Saturday
Sweet! Jeff does really nice work! ::nod:: ::tu::
And it's his B-Day today. :wink:

Whitneyrifle

Post by Whitneyrifle »

TPK wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:36 pm
Whitneyrifle wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:55 pm Okay, Okay, I know I need rehab! I have a Ka-bar addiction, but come’on! I got the whole set for $25! It’s also by A&F, I have never seen a complete set.
Steak knives!!
You have to be trusted by the people that lie to you. So that when they turn their backs on you, You'll get the chance to put the knife in….
TPK

Post by TPK »

Whitneyrifle wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:40 pm
TPK wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:36 pm
Steak knives!!
Cool! Can always use a good steak knife! ::nod:: ::super_happy::

JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Madmarco wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:07 pm Lookin' good Jamie! Is it for the store or your collection? ::shrug:: 8)
I have not sold any of his knives I bought from him, so it will go into the display cabinet, but at what he charges they are all useable without the fear of losing too much of a investment. I bet you ask Jeff and he would say he is proud to make knives that people will use.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Hers is a Joker lockback, I can get Joker Fixed knives from my distributor but not foldables...I wish I could these are so fine knives, Made in Spain this one happens to be in stag.
Attachments
IMG_2250.JPG
IMG_2251.JPG
IMG_2252.JPG
IMG_2253.JPG
IMG_2254.JPG
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Got this A Wright Rosewood Barlow Lambsfoot the other day.
Attachments
IMG_3720.JPG
David
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

DM11 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:52 pm Got this A Wright Rosewood Barlow Lambsfoot the other day.
That's a beauty David! My kindda knife! 8)
8)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

MTech showed up yesterday and it went right up on my "love me" shelf. Yeah, it's Chinese but, but, it says USMC on it. :mrgreen:
MTech USMC.jpg
image000000.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Knife Discussion”