Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
TPK

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by TPK »

WillyCamaro wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:54 am Todays mail roll call from Philip (Treefarmer), enjoy!
Nice Willy! Congrats! ::handshake:: :D Philip is a great guy to trade with! ::nod:: ::tu:: And the ones he got from you were also very cool! ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
TPK

Post by TPK »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:04 pm I picked up these two knives at the post office this morning. A (1917-1925) ALLEN CUTLERY CO., NEWBURGH, N.Y., single blade pocket knife and an ULSTER 50D, 2 blade, "Deer Head" pocket knife. The ALLEN needed a good cleaning, the ULSTER didn't. I took some pictures and here are the knives.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

TPK wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:16 pm
New_Windsor_NY wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:04 pm I picked up these two.....
::tu:: ::tu:: ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
Thank you Tom. ::tu::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Everyone+-awesome knives!!👍👍👍
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thank you Tom and Ryan ::handshake::.

Yes, Philip is a great dude to deal with, we've done lot's of business for over a year now ::tu:: .

You boys are calling some mighty fine steel home, keep it up ::tu:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

My trip to the post office this morning produced these two knives. An ULSTER 50D, 2 blade, "Deer Head" pocket knife and a McGrew ARKANSAS, "HillBilly Classic", 3 blade, yellow handles, swelled center, "whittler" pocket knife. Neither knife needed cleaning. I took some pictures and here are the knives.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Two good ones Skip. Especially love the yellow McGrew. ::tu:: ::nod::
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

doglegg wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:50 pm Two good ones Skip. Especially love the yellow McGrew. ::tu:: ::nod::
Yup. That one caught my eye, too.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:51 pm My trip to the post office this morning produced these two knives. An ULSTER 50D, 2 blade, "Deer Head" pocket knife and a McGrew ARKANSAS, "HillBilly Classic", 3 blade, yellow handles, swelled center, "whittler" pocket knife. Neither knife needed cleaning. I took some pictures and here are the knives.
Those are some fine knives, but where are you guys finding those carved handles. I can't find them anywhere! :x
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Skip, you are making great headway on cornering the market on 72's & Clones. Keep your eyes on the prize Bud.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I got one in the mail today. A Kastor list Craftsman. Had to buy it all the way from Israel to beat Skip to it. More pics on the 72 clone thread. Thanks for looking. ::handshake::
DSCN6383.JPG
DSCN6378.JPG
CHNeal

Post by CHNeal »

Lots of real nice knives being added to collections lately. I really enjoy seeing the treasures everyone finds. Myself I’ve added a few over the past week or so with a couple more to come next week then a hiatus is in order I believe. I’ve started to think about branching my collection out to other then the Buck stockman and need to make sure it’s really what I want to do. I have a bit of an addictive personality that really enjoys screwing with my OCD so I better be sure which direction I’m heading..
Anyway here are some gems that have found their way to my place this past week. All Bucks of course but not a stockman In site.
2AF9B5B3-60B5-47AD-849B-0FC0398AAADC.jpeg
B8FF3611-19A3-451D-97AB-05C0D30D3FD1.jpeg
8E7221DD-8C04-4A59-A406-9C5BFE9B5BF7.jpeg
joeradza
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by joeradza »

Dean Robertson cut down backpocket in O1 steel. Shadow with birds eye pivot and flush in all 3 positions. 4" closed.
Attachments
IMG_3779(1).JPG
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

doglegg wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:50 pm Two good ones Skip. Especially love the yellow McGrew. ::tu:: ::nod::
Thank you Floyd. ::tu::
Steve Warden wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:53 pm Yup. That one caught my eye, too.
Thank you Steve. ::tu::

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:59 pm
New_Windsor_NY wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:51 pm My trip to the post office.....
Those are some fine knives, but where are you guys finding those carved handles. I can't find them anywhere! :x
Thank you David. ::tu::

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:02 pm Skip, you are making great headway on cornering the market on 72's & Clones. Keep your eyes on the prize Bud.
Thank you Jerry. ::tu::

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

doglegg wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:20 pm I got one in the mail today.....
VERY nice Floyd. ::tu::
CHNeal wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:40 pm Lots of real nice knives.....
NICE looking cutlery, CHNeal. ::tu::
joeradza wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:41 pm Dean Robertson.....
Love those handles joeradza. ::tu::

Skip
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

CHNeal wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:40 pm Lots of real nice knives being added to collections lately. I really enjoy seeing the treasures everyone finds. Myself I’ve added a few over the past week or so with a couple more to come next week then a hiatus is in order I believe. I’ve started to think about branching my collection out to other then the Buck stockman and need to make sure it’s really what I want to do. I have a bit of an addictive personality that really enjoys screwing with my OCD so I better be sure which direction I’m heading..
Anyway here are some gems that have found their way to my place this past week. All Bucks of course but not a stockman In site.

2AF9B5B3-60B5-47AD-849B-0FC0398AAADC.jpegB8FF3611-19A3-451D-97AB-05C0D30D3FD1.jpeg8E7221DD-8C04-4A59-A406-9C5BFE9B5BF7.jpeg
Great finds. That little Lancer makes a Jim Dandy whittler. ::nod::
joeradza wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:41 pm Dean Robertson cut down backpocket in O1 steel. Shadow with birds eye pivot and flush in all 3 positions. 4" closed.
Wowsers is that a beautiful knife. Very slim. ::tu:: ::tu::
New_Windsor_NY wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:23 pm
doglegg wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:20 pm I got one in the mail today.....
VERY nice Floyd. ::tu::

Thanks Skip. ::handshake::
mumblypeg

Post by mumblypeg »

Completed a trade with Stanwade today. GEC Farm & Ranch Calf Pen. Rides comfortably in the pocket. Thanks, Ryan, I have a new favorite carry.
And the bonus items...... ::tu::
Attachments
DSC01988.JPG
Richard

"Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand."
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

mumblypeg wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:03 am Completed a trade with Stanwade today. GEC Farm & Ranch Calf Pen. Rides comfortably in the pocket. Thanks, Ryan, I have a new favorite carry.
::tu::

I did extensive research of the entire GEC catalog before picking that one out as the one I would buy. But I haven't yet, and I'd better before prices get stupid. Currently, the Delrin ones seem to be model dealers have trouble moving. It is one of the less-expensive GEC knives, size and blades fit my needs the most and would be something I'd carry daily. Wharncliffe is just a great all-around blade. The One-Arm blade locks and is good to have with gloved hands, as all you've got to do is hook it on something to get it to open up. Nail nicks and gloves thick enough to protect my hands against barbed wire and thorns don't mix. And, the screwdriver tip on the liner is both a good screwdriver for bigger screws, and as a light pry tool. And a lanyard tube big enough to get a decent piece of cordage through.
mumblypeg

Post by mumblypeg »

cody6268 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:27 am
mumblypeg wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:03 am Completed a trade with Stanwade today. GEC Farm & Ranch Calf Pen. Rides comfortably in the pocket. Thanks, Ryan, I have a new favorite carry.
::tu::

I did extensive research of the entire GEC catalog before picking that one out as the one I would buy. But I haven't yet, and I'd better before prices get stupid. Currently, the Delrin ones seem to be model dealers have trouble moving. It is one of the less-expensive GEC knives, size and blades fit my needs the most and would be something I'd carry daily. Wharncliffe is just a great all-around blade. The One-Arm blade locks and is good to have with gloved hands, as all you've got to do is hook it on something to get it to open up. Nail nicks and gloves thick enough to protect my hands against barbed wire and thorns don't mix. And, the screwdriver tip on the liner is both a good screwdriver for bigger screws, and as a light pry tool. And a lanyard tube big enough to get a decent piece of cordage through.
Couldn't have said it better ::tu::
Richard

"Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand."
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

You're welcome Richard and thank you also! I love this old Barlow.. she's going in the safe..
Attachments
IMG_20200630_085113006.jpg
IMG_20200630_085058838.jpg
Ryan

DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Stan ::tu::
David
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

Thanks David!!👍
Ryan

Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Stanwade wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:53 pm
You're welcome Richard and thank you also! I love this old Barlow.. she's going in the safe..
Absolute gorgeous soup bone, color variation, saw cut, rough old character laden bones. Wow. When's Case gonna do another run of those babies? Put me down for early reserve. Mmmmmmnnnnnnn.
Nowhere as colorful, but this just in. The thing was called imitation ivory in the listing, he accepted an offer of sixty nine clams. Normally I don't like to brag or state numbers, but let the word go out to be on the look out for ivory billed as bone, faux ivory, fossil, fake ivory, or micarta. The ivory Gestapo banned the sale and feebayyyy gestapo tries to stop this very activity, but the seller and I snuck one through the cracks in plain sight on the open market. And I believe the ban has made some sellers of ivory desperate to get something rather than nothing out of their valuable knives if they couldn't sell them as ivory. Before the ban this George Wostenholm I*XL would have been well north of a hundred smackers, maybe as much as two hundred. In hand it glows with luster and the grain is everything as Q says, and it's easy to see and even feel the grain on the ends. Love the old tool marked peened pins too. You can see where they were struck and each one is very different. And they peened them perfectly without cracking the piece of tusk. Recent knives with ivory often, if not more often have cracks. IMHO it's because the knife makers today do not deal with ivory on a daily basis or often enough to get the idiosyncrasies of the material. At least for me working with it for two decades teaches you things about it that take years to pick up and understand. It's not the same as bone, wood or plastic. Don't know the age, but I would bet it's at least made in the 60's or 70's if not earlier, before bans and short supplies and skyrocketing prices. But the ban has brought the price down so all you contraband smugglers and banned goods lovers like me, keep an eye out, it's bargain season on Elephant tusk. Just picked up two for rock bottom prices like you would pay for bone or micarta or wood. And they are stunning and some of the best deals I ever made.
Attachments
thumbnail_20200630_101543.jpg
thumbnail_20200630_101619.jpg
thumbnail_20200630_101718.jpg
thumbnail_20200630_102353.jpg
thumbnail_20200630_101755.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Nice knives everyone. ::tu::

My visit to the post office this morning resulted in these knives joining my collection. First up, a PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), single blade, 3 tool pocket knife. This knife is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico connection. It required a good cleaning, I did what I could. Next is a PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), 2 blade, 1 tool pocket knife. This knife is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico connection. It required a good cleaning, I did what I could. Up third, a PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), 3 blade, 2 tool pocket knife. This pocket knife has two tang stamps. It looks like it had a fourth blade or a third tool, only the stub remains. This knife is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico connection. It needed a massive cleaning, it got one. Last, but not least, a CAMILLUS, 4 line, single blade, 2 tool, "Sunshine Biscuits" pocket knife. This one needs a complete makeover. I managed to free up the 2 tools which were rusted shut. I believe I'm going to outsource the restoration of this pocket knife. I took some pictures and here are the knives.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg