Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by Quick Steel »

Thanks for the comment Dan.

I particularly like the kirinite and the Peanut in KY Bluegrass.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Thanks, Quick Steel. I don't think my photos or video did the Kirinite justice.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Quick Steel wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:05 pm This is a Bull Dog from their Big 5 series, this being the Lion. But it has been exquisitely customized by Joshua Kidd of Wild Horse Custom Knives.
Our AAPK member and store owner Loose Arrow offered it at a very fair and reasonable price. Thus it is now residing with me. The customization is unique, detailed, and without blemish. Highly recommend enlarging the photos by clicking on them.

006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG009.JPG010.JPG
Nice Garry, the stag on that one is simply exquisite, what a great knife to embellish this way.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Quick Steel wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:05 pm This is a Bull Dog from their Big 5 series, this being the Lion. But it has been exquisitely customized by Joshua Kidd of Wild Horse Custom Knives.
Awesome looking Stag, and some detailed work on that one!! ::tu::

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:33 am That is quite the work of art, Quick Steel.

Here are my four new additions, three of which are Case. At top left is a Mini Copperhead in blue Kirinite, with a Wharncliffe blade. A big, big thanks to Reverand for sending me the little Buck 425 at top right. At bottom left is a Peanut in Kentucky Bluegrass peach seed jigged bone (purchased for obvious reasons). Finally, there is a Medium Stockman in dark red bone. The thing in the middle is a Hinderer tactical pen with an aluminum body in forest green.

Good looking group Dan. ::tu:: ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you Mark and Papa. The stag, I agree, is exceptional.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Thanks, Smitty. Maybe it's time to get the cabinet queens together for a family portrait!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

Our AAPK member and store owner Loose Arrow offered it at a very fair and reasonable price. Thus it is now residing with me. The customization is unique, detailed, and without blemish. Highly recommend enlarging the photos by clicking on them.
Thank you QS! I appreciate your feedback, feels good to know you are happy. ::groove::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

What a beautiful knife Garry. The detailed work is stunning. I'll bet Mark(SSk)just LOVES those engraved bolsters. A very fine knife finds a very fine home with a very fine gentleman! 8)
8)
Eye Brand Man

Post by Eye Brand Man »

Got this in the other day. 62048 65-69 Case USA. Don’t think the blades were ever sharpened if so very little. Has nice patina on the blades and backsprings . Perfect walk and talk. And purty red bone.
Attachments
40AF8775-ED82-40F6-8C2E-2FD59020FFDC.jpeg
C4C7CA03-90DC-4BE7-B17C-82E0C92E3FD0.jpeg
493F6115-03B0-4D79-B2E1-9C9CD811131E.jpeg
Eye Brand Collector
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Very nice slimline trapper, Eye Brand Man!
USN 2000-2006
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

::tu:: 048 ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Hey there folks, received a few goodies in the mail this last few days . The22LR6 and the Yello Jaket will go with my 72s ,they came from the bay . Both used but good etch and still solid knives .
The High Carbon and old Imperial came from Tongue River, our own member here on the forum . The High Carbon is a Dandy,the bones,punch ,shield,are just the ticket for this one . Camillus had a good product here with this one,you can feel the weight. The others I have hold a great edge, this one though will not get sharpened and will get put in the Collection. The Imperial was sent as a gift ,and have it in my pocket today . It’s stamped on all 3 blades ,put a good edge on it and see how it holds up. Thank you Calvin for the gift and the old High Carbon .
That’s a wrap for today folks, till next time,take care , stay safe .
Attachments
628B62ED-D52E-4ACA-A683-72001DDE2981.jpeg
3389A16F-7330-4E4E-812F-72CB931AF7B7.jpeg
JP
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Ripster wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:03 pm Hey there folks, received a few goodies in the mail this last few days . The22LR6 and the Yello Jaket will go with my 72s ,they came from the bay . Both used but good etch and still solid knives .
The High Carbon and old Imperial came from Tongue River, our own member here on the forum . The High Carbon is a Dandy,the bones,punch ,shield,are just the ticket for this one . Camillus had a good product here with this one,you can feel the weight. The others I have hold a great edge, this one though will not get sharpened and will get put in the Collection. The Imperial was sent as a gift ,and have it in my pocket today . It’s stamped on all 3 blades ,put a good edge on it and see how it holds up. Thank you Calvin for the gift and the old High Carbon .
Whoa, all beautiful pieces JP. Glad you got the 22LR6. ::tu:: ::tu:: Love the High Carbon. Beautiful scales on it!!

Smitty
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

That's killer, QS!
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Ripster wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:03 pm Hey there folks, received a few goodies in the mail this last few days . The22LR6 and the Yello Jaket will go with my 72s ,they came from the bay . Both used but good etch and still solid knives .
Good batch, JP! ::tu::
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Dan In MI wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:33 am That is quite the work of art, Quick Steel.

Here are my four new additions, three of which are Case. At top left is a Mini Copperhead in blue Kirinite, with a Wharncliffe blade. A big, big thanks to Reverand for sending me the little Buck 425 at top right. At bottom left is a Peanut in Kentucky Bluegrass peach seed jigged bone (purchased for obvious reasons). Finally, there is a Medium Stockman in dark red bone. The thing in the middle is a Hinderer tactical pen with an aluminum body in forest green.

20210419_173125.jpg

And of course, the unboxing: https://youtu.be/MGCMh7iURxw
Nice bunch, Dan. I like that Mini Copperhead a lot! ::tu::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Sweet knife Eye brand man. ::nod:: ::nod::

JP, love everyone of them. Great pick up from Cal. Good day for you. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Ripster wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:03 pm Hey there folks, received a few goodies in the mail this last few days.
Indeed you did. The Yello-Jaket is awesome; I've purchased a couple of Yello-Jaket 717s, and I'm chomping at the bit to get them in-hand.
toomanyknives wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:14 pm Nice bunch, Dan. I like that Mini Copperhead a lot! ::tu::
Thank you! One recently sold on eBay...or, more accurately, was stolen at $32. Someone, who I hope is a member here, reaped the benefits of my forgetfulness.
USN 2000-2006
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thanks TMK.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Nice group you have there J.P. ::tu:: All very nice knives, I'm glad you're pleased with them. 8)
8)
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

J.P. be sure to post that 22LR6 in the 72 Clones thread, and the 72Y in the 72 thread. Both are beauts. ::tu::

Smitty
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Papa Bones wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:51 am
J.P. be sure to post that 22LR6 in the 72 Clones thread, and the 72Y in the 72 thread. Both are beauts. ::tu::
Smitty my friend, will get them over in the Camillus threads in next day or 2 ::tu::
Thanks fellas for kind words ::handshake::
Keep showing us your new stuff folks,been some nice posts and pics lately !
JP
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Papa Bones wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:51 am
Now see, I would have put both knives in the Camillus 72 thread because the LR6 has a Camillus tang stamp. Life sure gets tedious.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Sup mates!

Some awesome steel 'n bones you all have been bringing home, nothin' I don't like.
::tu::

Here's my latest pickup...
Well, actually 2nd time to call her home.
This time she's home for good!

Case XX stainless "Tiny Toothpick". Fully customized.
::woot::
Attachments
DSCN4872.JPG
DSCN4874.JPG
DSCN4875.JPG
DSCN4876.JPG
DSCN4877.JPG
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

WillyCamaro wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:19 am This time she's home for good!
I don't blame you. That is something else...a real work of art!
USN 2000-2006

Return to “General Knife Discussion”