Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
cody6268

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by cody6268 »

Is the 658 Western in-house, or was it made when Camillus owned Western?

Great finds!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

cody6268 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:56 pm Is the 658 Western in-house, or was it made when Camillus owned Western?

Great finds!
I don't know enough about Western knives to answer your question, Cody. ::shrug::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
TPK

Post by TPK »

My newest addition to my EDC rotation showed up yesterday. A small Kissing Crane with wood handles. ::tu::

More pictures of it & a new knife poem about it here.: viewtopic.php?t=63976&start=330

Thanks for looking friends! ::handshake:: :D
Attachments
IMG_20210714_174013_874.jpg
IMG_20210714_174038_753.jpg
IMG_20210714_174438_895.jpg
IMG_20210714_174208_871.jpg
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Got these two in today.
Remington Stockman 9504
Bonsa Solingen Germany Penknife
Attachments
20210714_123953.jpg
20210714_124108.jpg
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
TPK

Post by TPK »

Nice finds David! ::tu:: ::nod::

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

TPK wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:46 pm My newest addition to my EDC rotation showed up yesterday. A small Kissing Crane with wood handles. ::tu::

More pictures of it & a new knife poem about it here.: viewtopic.php?t=63976&start=330

::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: Very nice Tom!!

dlr110 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:15 pm Got these two in today.
Remington Stockman 9504
A couple of sweet looking knives David. ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Red hot lava blown out of the volcano. S&M Keystone series mini Trapper, Northwoods tiny something. As long as it has an arrowhead shield, I'm in. Thanks to horse trading with Q. Lovely editions to the pile and a better bumper day at the mail box.
Attachments
thumbnail_20210714_194742.jpg
thumbnail_20210714_195141.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
TPK

Post by TPK »

Papa Bones wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:35 pm
TPK wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:46 pm My newest addition to my EDC rotation showed up yesterday. A small Kissing Crane with wood handles. ::tu::

::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: Very nice Tom!!
dlr110 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:15 pm Got these two in today.
Remington Stockman 9504
A couple of sweet looking knives David. ::tu::
Thank ya Smitty! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Ivoryman wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:10 am Red hot lava blown out of the volcano. S&M Keystone series mini Trapper, Northwoods tiny something. As long as it has an arrowhead shield, I'm in. Thanks to horse trading with Q. Lovely editions to the pile and a better bumper day at the mail box.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: Looking good I-man.

Smitty
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

That Northwood tiny something caught my eye. ::tu:: ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

My latest came this afternoon.
Attachments
Case 2005 Mini-Trapper 6207 Orange County Choppers - Labeled.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks Smitty and doglegg, appreciate it. I never heard of one either, called a Mini Moose according to Q, was a Dave Shirley era Gladstone stamp, believe Queen made. Never seen another. Thanks again.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:47 pm My latest came this afternoon.
::tu:: ::tu:: Good looking OCC mini-T Jerry!!

Smitty
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:47 pm My latest came this afternoon.
Always liked those OCC ones all flamed out . Jerry,you got a nice looking one . Enjoy it.
JP
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Thanks for the kind words Smitty & JP. Wasn't going to fool with the OCC mini-T's until I saw this one.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

This Cattleman Country came today. Not a single mark of any kind on it anywhere. Tangs are as smooth as a baby's butt. Knife Country USA says they're made in China. It's nothing special. It was inexpensive (because it is slightly used?) so I got it because of the shield. Good snap and the run-up on the blades is great.
Attachments
Cattleman's Cutlery Trapper - Labeled.JPG
Cattleman's Cutlery Trapper - Run-Up.JPG
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:36 am I got it because of the shield.
That is a pretty spiffy shield, and the covers ain't half bad, either.

I recently won an auction that was right up my alley: a cheap lot with an Old Timer. A 104OT, to be specific. It's in better shape than my other 104OT. Until I find a nice example that was never carried, it'll do nicely.
104OT II Closed.jpg
104OT II Open.jpg
The lot also contained a mystery knife. I intentionally didn't post it earlier because I wanted to be surprised. As it turned out, it was an okay surprise but for the wobbles. It's marked only "Stainless Japan," and it's the slimmest knife I've yet handled.
Mystery Knife Closed.jpg
Mystery Knife Open.jpg
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

That's a nice looker, jerryd...great shield and interesting 5-pin configurations which I assume are more decorative than functional...and I like it ::nod::

Here's the latest to sit in the throne at the top of my trophy case. Picked up this sweet beauty in a very fun and highly rewarding knife swap with Ivoryman who was kind enough to let it go. A custom Erickson single blade at 3½" closed length is right in my wheelhouse. I absolutely LOVE everything about this knife...not the least of which is the Wharn/Spear hybrid blade profile. This knife just blows my mind every time I look at it (chicken-eye) or handle it (coon-finger) which seems to be pretty much constantly. I honestly don't think I've set it down for more than about 30 seconds since it arrived...just can't stop admiring every little detail. This is just about the perfect knife for me in every way. As much as I'd love to EDC it, I know that will never happen under my watch. Normally, a knife like this would go straight into my safe to live out the remainder of its days/my life as a safe queen...but, I just can't bring myself to hide it away just yet...oh no...it's gonna be out on display for a good long while, I reckon...getting all the wear and tear that comes with loving/fondling/caressing a knife as much as possible while still keeping it as pristine and unblemished as possible.

Thanks again, Ivoryman, you really outdid yourself this time and once again showed your true colors and generosity. It's people like you that keep the spirit of knife collecting alive and well, fun, exciting and interesting. Cheers and hat's off to you, my friend. ::handshake::
::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::groove:: ::groove:: ::ds:: ::groove:: ::groove:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy::
P7170012.JPG
P7170040.JPG
P7170041.JPG
P7170013.JPG

Fair Warning: Be prepared to see this sweet sweet little beauty showing up in multiple threads...a knife like this deserves, né demands, to be seen and to be shown off for all to enjoy, albeit if only from afar and only in digital form...sorry, kids (but not really! ::sotb:: )
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Q, I don’t blame you for wanting to show this one off. That is prize possession. Getting a custom knife is just like no other experience when it comes to collecting. I would be coon fingering that one for weeks.

Jerry I like that shied on that one as well. Nice to see a tight run up.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:51 am That's a nice looker, jerryd...great shield and interesting 5-pin configurations which I assume are more decorative than functional...and I like it ::nod::

Here's the latest to sit in the throne at the top of my trophy case. Picked up this sweet beauty in a very fun and highly rewarding knife swap with Ivoryman who was kind enough to let it go. A custom Erickson single blade at 3½" closed length is right in my wheelhouse. I absolutely LOVE everything about this knife...not the least of which is the Wharn/Spear hybrid blade profile. This knife just blows my mind every time I look at it (chicken-eye) or handle it (coon-finger) which seems to be pretty much constantly. I honestly don't think I've set it down for more than about 30 seconds since it arrived...just can't stop admiring every little detail. This is just about the perfect knife for me in every way. As much as I'd love to EDC it, I know that will never happen under my watch. Normally, a knife like this would go straight into my safe to live out the remainder of its days/my life as a safe queen...but, I just can't bring myself to hide it away just yet...oh no...it's gonna be out on display for a good long while, I reckon...getting all the wear and tear that comes with loving/fondling/caressing a knife as much as possible while still keeping it as pristine and unblemished as possible.

Thanks again, Ivoryman, you really outdid yourself this time and once again showed your true colors and generosity. It's people like you that keep the spirit of knife collecting alive and well, fun, exciting and interesting. Cheers and hat's off to you, my friend. ::handshake::
::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::groove:: ::groove:: ::ds:: ::groove:: ::groove:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: ::super_happy::
P7170012.JPGP7170040.JPGP7170041.JPGP7170013.JPG

Fair Warning: Be prepared to see this sweet sweet little beauty showing up in multiple threads...a knife like this deserves, né demands, to be seen and to be shown off for all to enjoy, albeit if only from afar and only in digital form...sorry, kids (but not really! ::sotb:: )

That's stunning! I can say I'm more than a little jealous. I've been on the lookout for an Erickson for awhile. Just beautiful!
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

Picked up this old Taylor eye witness senior Stockman this am at the market , i just finished cleaning it up and now in my pocket ::tu::
20210718_122257-01.jpeg
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

zed6309 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:39 pm Picked up this old Taylor eye witness senior Stockman this am at the market , i just finished cleaning it up and now in my pocket ::tu::
20210718_122257-01.jpeg
That IS a dandy!
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

glennbad wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:47 pm
zed6309 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:39 pm Picked up this old Taylor eye witness senior Stockman this am at the market , i just finished cleaning it up and now in my pocket ::tu::
20210718_122257-01.jpeg
That IS a dandy!
Cheers mate ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:51 am That's a nice looker, jerryd...great shield and interesting 5-pin configurations which I assume are more decorative than functional...and I like it ::nod::

P7170012.JPGP7170040.JPGP7170041.JPGP7170013.JPG

Q, when there is a stand out knife in your collection it has to be amazing. That one is. Congrats. ::handshake::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

20210718_122257-01.jpeg
Sweet old knife. ::nod::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”