Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by doglegg »

Another cool knife Eustace. Quiet the stylized squirrel. You show us knives we other wise would never see. Thanks. ::nod::

SSK I love the blade on that one. ::tu::
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

doglegg wrote: You show us knives we other wise would never see. Thanks.
Dogledd, it is also my wish - to show things from the other side of the world that could be interesting for you. Thank You!
Eustace

Post by Eustace »

An interesting knife of a less known producer in Bulgaria - "Georgi Dimitrov" knife factory, the town of Shipka.
If anyone is interested in who Georgi Dimitrov is, can read here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgi_Dimitrov
Attachments
IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0054.JPG
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

All three arrived today.

Victorinox Blue Alox Cadet that I won in a giveaway.
Case Classic 630109 Three Spring Whittler
Boker Boy Scout in Blue Honeycomb
Attachments
IMG_4386.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks Euastace, we'd never see those any other way.
Railsplitter, congrats, looooooooove the Case Whit. Great color, great knife. What year? I have a '95 I really like them.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Rick, love the blue Alox and the blue honeycomb.

This Okapi came today.
Attachments
DSC09589.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

jerryd6818 wrote:Rick, love the blue Alox and the blue honeycomb.
Ivoryman wrote:Thanks Euastace, we'd never see those any other way.
Railsplitter, congrats, looooooooove the Case Whit. Great color, great knife. What year? I have a '95 I really like them.
Thanks guys. Ivoryman, it's a 1990 with a little bit of spotting here and there on the smaller blades. Well made knife though.
Rick T.

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Railsplitter wrote:All three arrived today.

Victorinox Blue Alox Cadet that I won in a giveaway.
Case Classic 630109 Three Spring Whittler
Boker Boy Scout in Blue Honeycomb

Railsplitter, all three are nice, but that Boker Honeycomb is exceptional. Someone posted a red honeycomb on here some time back and it’s really got me wanting one. No one’s posted the black honeycomb yet, I think.
That Case Whittler is gorgeous too.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

I too have admired the Boker Honeycomb knives which drew me to the Boker website where I found this:

The Boker Scout has been firmly connected to our name since 1985. No one can say today if anyone would have expected that the Pocketknife would be one of the most successful and popular Knifes from our range. But these many years in short-lived fads, that are also not unusual on the knife market, is definitely special. While no other model has had as many versions as the Scout over the years, the basic specifications never changed. The Boker Boy Scout breaks with this tradition and (while not changing the design) provides a smaller, pocket-friendlier version that plays to its strength primarily as compact everyday companion. The Boy Scout also has a significantly lower profile, yet is just as rugged and durable as its big brother. The nickel silver scales are CNC-machined for greater precision. The hollow ground blade made of stainless N690 is forged by Böhler and contributes with its memorable shape to the incomparable appearance of the Scout. A classic Backlock keeps the blade safely open. When the knife is opened, the spine locks into a notch on the back of the blade. To close the knife, push down the exposed part of the spine. The harmonic overall impression of this classic is completed by pleasantly shaped handle scales made of semi-transparent black Honeycomb. The Honeycomb scale material is based on a resin that is applied to a detailed aluminum Honeycomb structure. This gives the scales a fine, silver-colored surface structure, paired with the 3D effect of the semi-transparent base material.

I wonder if the attorneys for the Boy Scouts of America will ask a judge to have Boker cease using the words "Boy Scout" which they've protected in the past.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Railsplitter, all three are nice, but that Boker Honeycomb is exceptional. Someone posted a red honeycomb on here some time back and it’s really got me wanting one. No one’s posted the black honeycomb yet, I think.
That Case Whittler is gorgeous too.
SSk
Thank you. I appreciate the compliments.

That Red Honeycomb was mine too. Liked it so much that I had to have a Blue one too. You know how it is. :mrgreen:
Rick T.

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

bestgear wrote:I too have admired the Boker Honeycomb knives which drew me to the Boker website where I found this:

The Boker Scout has been firmly connected to our name since 1985. No one can say today if anyone would have expected that the Pocketknife would be one of the most successful and popular Knifes from our range. But these many years in short-lived fads, that are also not unusual on the knife market, is definitely special. While no other model has had as many versions as the Scout over the years, the basic specifications never changed. The Boker Boy Scout breaks with this tradition and (while not changing the design) provides a smaller, pocket-friendlier version that plays to its strength primarily as compact everyday companion. The Boy Scout also has a significantly lower profile, yet is just as rugged and durable as its big brother. The nickel silver scales are CNC-machined for greater precision. The hollow ground blade made of stainless N690 is forged by Böhler and contributes with its memorable shape to the incomparable appearance of the Scout. A classic Backlock keeps the blade safely open. When the knife is opened, the spine locks into a notch on the back of the blade. To close the knife, push down the exposed part of the spine. The harmonic overall impression of this classic is completed by pleasantly shaped handle scales made of semi-transparent black Honeycomb. The Honeycomb scale material is based on a resin that is applied to a detailed aluminum Honeycomb structure. This gives the scales a fine, silver-colored surface structure, paired with the 3D effect of the semi-transparent base material.

I wonder if the attorneys for the Boy Scouts of America will ask a judge to have Boker cease using the words "Boy Scout" which they've protected in the past.
I hadn't considered that but it's a very good point. I like the Boker Boy Scout a lot but I really wish it was called something else.
Rick T.

bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Me too Rick, I keep looking for a blade etch or BSA shield but of course they aren't there because this isn't a licensed product from BSA.

Nonetheless it's a looker and my crystal ball tells me that the black one is in Railsplitters future. :mrgreen:
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

bestgear wrote:Me too Rick, I keep looking for a blade etch or BSA shield but of course they aren't there because this isn't a licensed product from BSA.

Nonetheless it's a looker and my crystal ball tells me that the black one is in Railsplitters future. :mrgreen:
:lol: Perhaps. :mrgreen:
Rick T.

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Well I've been in a Northwoods state of mind lately anhd these three were waiting on me when I arrived home today.
First is a Big Bay in mammoth and the other two are my Harrison Bays. One in kudu bone and the other in Orange Curacao Burlap.
Attachments
IMG_4488.JPG
IMG_4490.JPG
IMG_4493.JPG
IMG_4494.JPG
IMG_4492.JPG
IMG_4491.JPG
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Sweet line up gsmith, congrats, every one a looker. Killer Kudu.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Ivoryman wrote:Sweet line up gsmith, congrats, every one a looker.
Thanks Iman! I've got to get some better pics of that Big Bay. It is phenominal.
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Ditto the Iman. All are sweethearts. That mammoth is striking.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Sweet stuff right there, Greg!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

QS, Steve thanks for the kind words. While i was taking pics the mailman brought this old girl. Not t9o bad.
Attachments
IMG_4495.JPG
IMG_4498.JPG
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
gino

Post by gino »

Nice knife Greg
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

You're on a roll, Greg. Nice scores!
Rick T.

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Nothing in the class with Greg's acquisitions but these came today.
Attachments
Remington Mini-Trapper China - Labeled.JPG
Walther MPK - Labeled.JPG
Case 2002 6207 SS Script Shield - Labeled.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

gsmith7158 wrote:Well I've been in a Northwoods state of mind lately anhd these three were waiting on me when I arrived home today.
First is a Big Bay in mammoth and the other two are my Harrison Bays. One in kudu bone and the other in Orange Curacao Burlap.

Fantastic Greg, That mammoth ivory is the most unusual I have ever seen. Is that a mammoth that is more natural and not died or stained in some way? Very interesting.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Two packages arrived today - one old, one new. I let you guys figure out which is which... ::tounge::

First up is Ganzo/Firebird FH11-CF. This is a brand new release from Ganzo, and it's the current pinnacle of Ganzo/Firebird: carbon fiber handles, flipper, liner lock, ball bearings and for the first time ever - D2 steel! I'm sure someone will say that they doubt it is really D2 steel, and of course I have no idea if it is or isn't, but I will also say that even if this was a Benchmade or Spyderco, I still wouldn't know if it was whatever steel it claimed to be. I'm not a steel guru. One of the reasons I bought this knife was to see if I could tell any difference between this blade steel and any other.

The second knife is a 1975 Case 6217 "Loomfixer" Jack with wooden handles. I have no idea why it is called a "Loomfixer" - I know what a textile loom is, but I don't know why this knife would be good for fixing a loom. All I know if that I didn't have one in the collection and now I do! it's a good old HOK, just like all of my other knives, and it snaps like a bear trap. I got it surprisingly cheap, and I don't know why. ::shrug::
20181012_181855.jpg
20181012_182029.jpg
20181012_182012.jpg
20181012_181928.jpg
20181012_181916.jpg
20181012_181949.jpg
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Yawl back away from the key board and screen. I don't want you to slobber and drool all over it. The mail feller drop this off a bit ago. :lol:
Attachments
20181017_181354.jpg

Return to “General Knife Discussion”