Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by glennbad »

TPK wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:08 pm
glennbad wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:29 pm
TPK wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:46 pm Looks beautiful Glenn! Awesome stag! ::nod:: ::tu:: Congrats! ::super_happy:: Never heard of that brand. What state were they made in? ::shrug::
The knife is from a custom maker, John Lloyd. He does great work!
Oh ok. I didn't know that. Sorry. ::facepalm::
No apologies necessary!
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:07 pm believe it or not, this is my very first Case Mini Trapper! I have bid on dozens of Mini Trapper listings, but for some reason I have never managed to win one. I have always assumed it was because Jerry, QTCut5 (mahalo!) and the rest of you greedy b@stards didn't want me in the club!! Well, I snuck one in on you this time!! I know everyone drools over super craggy stag, and this one is quite smooth, but I think it is still very beautiful and it feels GREAT in the hand.
Hey man, I was wondering when you'd finally come around and "see the light." And now that you have, you'll find yourself drawn like a helpless moth to the irresistible glow of the Mini-T flame! 8) (wearing sunglasses won't help!)

Welcome to Club Mini-T ::handshake::, although official club membership requires that you also post your new 5207 in the "Ode To The 07" thread. ::nod:: And, I must add: there's nothing wrong with smooth stag...ALL stag is unique and beautiful, and yours is no exception. ::tu::

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=52911&start=1650

As for the "greedy b@stards" accusation, I stand accused. However, in my defense, all I can say is, "Talk to The Monkey!" ::sot:: ::tease:: ::sotb::
~Q~
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

glennbad wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:13 pm My new favorite!
Wow, Glenn :shock: that is a magnificent piece you scored. Absolutely gorgeous! I like the look of the Wharncliffe Swayback in the shadow pattern; it really shows off more of the gnarly stag. Not to nit-pick your beautiful new knife, but I wonder how you feel about that shield? ::hmm:: If I'm being honest, I'd have to say I think the knife would look better without it...looks unnecessary and a bit out of place to my eye. But, of course YMMV.
~Q~
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

QTCut5 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:07 pm
glennbad wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:13 pm My new favorite!
Wow, Glenn :shock: that is a magnificent piece you scored. Absolutely gorgeous! I like the look of the Wharncliffe Swayback in the shadow pattern; it really shows off more of the gnarly stag. Not to nit-pick your beautiful new knife, but I wonder how you feel about that shield? ::hmm:: If I'm being honest, I'd have to say I think the knife would look better without it...looks unnecessary and a bit out of place to my eye. But, of course YMMV.
I never really gave it much thought. That bar shield does remind me of old school knives. That stag doesn't need a shield getting in the way, but I don't think it bothers me either.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

A week or so ago, I saw 4 Schrade knives in a group in the shallow end of the bay. No one was bidding and I passed them by as well. Something almost looked Chinese but not quite. Took a 2nd look and thought maybe these may all be correct USA knives. Well, they were all USA and none had had a blade laid on a whet rock! The little one is close to mint, the others have a few spots on the carbon blades and have been in someone's pocket evidenced by the pocket lint.
006.JPG
Also saw a small Case that was in the shallow end of the bay. A lot of wear on the pen blade but for the price it was worth discovering. It's a '71, 9 dot, 6202 1/2, the handles are Delrin. Knifeaholic's book says Case quit making these in 1977.
6202 1/2 Delrin
6202 1/2 Delrin
Looks better closed, still walks and talks.
Looks better closed, still walks and talks.
When we got home from our grandson's birthday weekend up in Georgia, this Case was awaiting me for my birthday, a Kinzua, S35VN. It is a gift from my daughter and her family. :) :
Case Kinzua, stonewashed satin finish
Case Kinzua, stonewashed satin finish
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Samb

Post by Samb »

Just got it.
Attachments
IMG_20220928_102831843.jpg
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Trying out a composition handle version of the CRKT Drifter tht I got last week.
This one is a liner lock and quite bit lighter than the stainless version but equally uninspiring. 😐
Attachments
20220928_090243.jpg
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:52 pmJust got it.
Great knife, isn't it Sam! 8)
8)
Theo

Post by Theo »

Last three weeks mail call for me..Remingtons. The 2 Muskrats, the second one had tip of blade broke off, I just ground it down to match the other at least , now the first one has a lot of blade wear or it has seen a grinder, don’t know yet what to do , might just leave it alone, the bone scales are beautiful on both and that alone hooked me.
The Boy Scouts, no model number at all, read somewhere that they were printed on later, don’t know much about them.
Top to bottom R1623, R4593-2 and last no number R3333?
Top to bottom R1623, R4593-2 and last no number R3333?
My new store http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/theo

“I don’t wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you’re standing in my way, one way or the other, you’re gettin’ outta my way.” – Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) Reservoir Dogs
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

treefarmer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:02 pm A week or so ago, I saw 4 Schrade knives in a group in the shallow end of the bay. No one was bidding and I passed them by as well. Something almost looked Chinese but not quite. Took a 2nd look and thought maybe these may all be correct USA knives. Well, they were all USA and none had had a blade laid on a whet rock! The little one is close to mint, the others have a few spots on the carbon blades and have been in someone's pocket evidenced by the pocket lint.006.JPG
Also saw a small Case that was in the shallow end of the bay. A lot of wear on the pen blade but for the price it was worth discovering. It's a '71, 9 dot, 6202 1/2, the handles are Delrin. Knifeaholic's book says Case quit making these in 1977. 003.JPG005.JPG
When we got home from our grandson's birthday weekend up in Georgia, this Case was awaiting me for my birthday, a Kinzua, S35VN. It is a gift from my daughter and her family. :) :007.JPG
Treefarmer
Nice group!
I saw that group of Schrades but like you I figured they were Chinese so I passed them by. Occasionally taking a chance in the bay pays off!
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Jeffinn wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:15 pm
treefarmer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:02 pm A week or so ago, I saw 4 Schrade knives in a group in the shallow end of the bay. No one was bidding and I passed them by as well. Something almost looked Chinese but not quite. Took a 2nd look and thought maybe these may all be correct USA knives. Well, they were all USA and none had had a blade laid on a whet rock! The little one is close to mint, the others have a few spots on the carbon blades and have been in someone's pocket evidenced by the pocket lint.006.JPG
Also saw a small Case that was in the shallow end of the bay. A lot of wear on the pen blade but for the price it was worth discovering. It's a '71, 9 dot, 6202 1/2, the handles are Delrin. Knifeaholic's book says Case quit making these in 1977. 003.JPG005.JPG
When we got home from our grandson's birthday weekend up in Georgia, this Case was awaiting me for my birthday, a Kinzua, S35VN. It is a gift from my daughter and her family. :) :007.JPG
Treefarmer
Nice group!
I saw that group of Schrades but like you I figured they were Chinese so I passed them by. Occasionally taking a chance in the bay pays off!
Jeff
Jefferey, on the 2nd look, I blew up the pictures and was able to see the tang stamps clear enough to see there was more than the one line of the China made Schrades. :)
While we're mentioning new knives, a good friend gave me a little brown paper, wrapped box while at Bible study this evening. He said, "Bet you can't guess what's in the box?" I grinned back at him! I knew but I didn't, I knew it was probably a Case box but had no idea what was in it. Turned out it was a bright red 6254 CV for my birthday!
Case Trapper 6254  CV (4 X's 2016)
Case Trapper 6254 CV (4 X's 2016)
Pile side.  I do like a red handled knife CV knife!
Pile side. I do like a red handled knife CV knife!
Treefarmer

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

treefarmer wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:09 am While we're mentioning new knives, a good friend gave me a little brown paper, wrapped box while at Bible study this evening. He said, "Bet you can't guess what's in the box?" I grinned back at him! I knew but I didn't, I knew it was probably a Case box but had no idea what was in it. Turned out it was a bright red 6254 CV for my birthday!
003.JPG004.JPG
Treefarmer
Lucky you. ::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
tvic
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by tvic »

That’s a danged good lookin’ gift! Congrats - and Happy Birthday! :D
Tim
“Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” - Ronald Reagan
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

The Ponder Post Rider was good today.
He brought me this Moore Maker 5212 UDLB 2015
"1095 HC steel hardened to 56+/- 1 Rockwell; Brass pins and Liners Nickel plated bolsters
3 1/4 inches closed double locking design; Perfect for Engraving Bone Handles."

I'm waiting to hear back from them as to who the actual maker is. I'm betting it is Bear & Son
even though it looks like a small version of the CASE "Lock Horn" double lockback.

UPDATE: I'm wrong again, I just received an email from Moore Maker and it was made by Utica Cutlery.
_
20220929_140841.jpg
20220929_140929.jpg
20220929_140943.jpg
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Two new ones for my collection.
First is a Moki I have been trying to get ahold of for over 2 years. Abalone and Pearl inlayed. ATS-34 blade.
Second is a Buck. Just joined the Buck of the Month Club, my first purchase.
Attachments
FBDC9B88-F381-4F05-A4C5-80BA65F96E63.jpeg
3E898236-6ACE-4189-8510-B57661B32A4E.jpeg
Inlayed grapes made with pearl and abalone inserts
Inlayed grapes made with pearl and abalone inserts
816BA6FB-848C-4ECC-9EC2-57ED8595FA00.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

You know I like your Moki Mark, and that Buck is very attractive. Great knives, congratulations on the long-time quest. 8)
8)
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:13 am Two new ones for my collection.
First is a Moki I have been trying to get ahold of for over 2 years. Abalone and Pearl inlayed. ATS-34 blade.
Second is a Buck. Just joined the Buck of the Month Club, my first purchase.
What a pretty knife Mark, congrats on a gorgeous piece of art. Stunning beauty. And happy for you to bag one after a two year hunt. Double kudos for that. ::tu:: :mrgreen: ::groove::
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Thanks Mark and Iman. You have to give it to the Japanese when it comes to inlays, there are simply none better at it.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

This came yesterday. The pictures don't come close to revealing the sparkle in these handles. It's like trying to take a photo of Abalone.
Attachments
Case 2022 Mini-Trapper 10207 SS Black Sea Dichrolam - Labeled.JPG
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Very nice Jerry. I know what you mean about trying to take pictures of knives like that one.... ::tu::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Yeah, David. You get as close as you can by manipulating the image application (what ever you're using) and then you say to yourself, "If they want to see what it really looks like, let them get one for themselves."
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
gravan

Post by gravan »

Father&Son.JPG

Received in the mail bag recently!

Father & Son!!
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

gravan wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:58 pm Father&Son.JPG

Father & Son!!
Awesome pair!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

gravan wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:58 pm Father&Son.JPG

Father & Son!!
A pair that is hard to beat! ::tu::
Treefarmer

Theo

Post by Theo »

Received this today Primble Belknap Hrdw & Mfg slim trapper
now I have to try and find a shield for it and work on the blades.
::shrug::
Attachments
189389E2-1C3C-4B64-BE04-D3C17D1C7583.jpeg
7ADC1A9C-BD31-4961-BFDD-422FD7C39BDB.jpeg
3B964C44-AFAB-48E4-AB4C-36811D3371DB.jpeg
My new store http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/theo

“I don’t wanna kill anybody. But if I gotta get out that door, and you’re standing in my way, one way or the other, you’re gettin’ outta my way.” – Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) Reservoir Dogs

Return to “General Knife Discussion”