New Addition to My Collection

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Steve K.

New Addition to My Collection

Post by Steve K. »

About once a year, I get extremely lucky in finding vintage pocket and folding knives. This year was no different, and I'm proud to display my latest find directly from an old estate in PA, not more than 0.25 mile from the battlefields of Gettysburg.

In my book, Russell knives are king! ::nod:: One of the best US knife makers!

I hope you enjoy this 5 inch, locking Russell. The mark is an arching "Russell" over an R. There should be an arrow through the R but it is well worn and not visible.
Attachments
z302_m.jpg
z302_m.jpg (25.49 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
z302_rev.jpg
z302_rev.jpg (22.69 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
z302_obv.jpg
z302_obv.jpg (21.12 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
CarlM

That's a nice looking old knife

Post by CarlM »

Congradulations on your find. ::tu::
I really like those handles.
Carl
sunburst

Post by sunburst »

Wow what a great find... ::tu:: I know you have got to be more than pleased with this find...The knife looks to be in great shape as well...

Hopefully it was not too expensive a pickup but even if it was you did great...

Thanks for sharing..

Sunburst
“The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways”
longbeachbum

Post by longbeachbum »

Wow, that is one beautiful old knife. Congratulations!

Feel free to post pics of your other "finds"...if they're anywhere near as nice/interesting as this one, I for one would love to see them!
Steve K.

Post by Steve K. »

Thanks for the ::tu:: fellas!! I had to put $120 on it but she is worth it. It is my most expensive knife to date. There are a few small hairlines near 2 of the bolsters, but nothing major for such an old knife. As a vintage knife collector, I expect to see some tiny hairlines.

@Longbeach...I'll certainly post my pocket knife collection over the next year or so. I have a very small collection. Less than 15 knives. My most valued are those I inherited from my father (a boker and a hoffritz congress). Having collected in other areas before, I've learned now to take my time. I look for quality over quantity, and buy items I'm sure I want after studying the pattern or the maker.

I see the format here has changed alittle since lasting posting...so I'll have to take some time and come up to speed with you guys. It seems alot more active here than in the past, which is good news for all!

Where is my friend PA knives?? :D It's a maker from Mass. but I know you appreciate vintage pocket knives!

Cheers to All, Steve
petesknives

Post by petesknives »

Nice knife :mrgreen: Like the handles myself too. Ken
Steve K.

Post by Steve K. »

Anyone care to venture a guess on the age of this knife?

(I gotta get me a kool avatar like sunburst's! ::tu:: )

Return to “General Knife Discussion”