WHAT ARE YOU CARRYIN RIGHT NOW? WHAT IS YOUR FAV EDC?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
TPK

Re: WHAT ARE YOU CARRYIN RIGHT NOW? WHAT IS YOUR FAV EDC?

Post by TPK »

dlr110 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:47 am How in the name of all that is holy did you find another PURINA knife Tom?

PS: I just bid on two of them on eBay but I won't get them because the price
will skyrocket above what is reasonable to me.
Hi David,

Nope, still have the same one. They are rarer than hen's teeth over here. I've never found any in Germany. I'd almost say they are impossible to find over here. I keep looking for them though. ::facepalm:: I'd like to find a two blade version.

I sure hope you can find one over there. I'll have my fingers ::fc:: for ya. ::nod:: ::super_happy::

Edit: ::woot:: Holy cow!!! I stand corrected! I just checked eBay and found not just one of them but two! Unbelievable!!! :shock: Only problem is the price. They want €75 + €5.50 for shipping. ::doh:: And I'm flat broke till next month. ::facepalm:: After more than three years of searching for them I have finally found two & I'm broke. ::dang:: Isn't that the way it goes sometimes!?! ::facepalm:: That's the breaks I guess. You win some, you lose some. ::doh:: This hurts. ::doh:: Oh well, price was too high anyways. ::teary_eyes::
Attachments
s-l1600 - 2022-09-17T190017.129.jpg
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

TPK wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:56 pm
dlr110 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:47 am How in the name of all that is holy did you find another PURINA knife Tom?

Hi David,

Nope, still have the same one. They are rarer than hen's teeth over here. I've never found any in Germany. I'd almost say they are impossible to find over here. I keep looking for them though. ::facepalm:: I'd like to find a two blade version.

I sure hope you can find one over there. I'll have my fingers ::fc:: for ya. ::nod:: ::super_happy::

Edit: ::woot:: Holy cow!!! I stand corrected! I just checked eBay and found not just one of them but two! Unbelievable!!! :shock: Only problem is the price. They want €75 + €5.50 for shipping. ::doh:: And I'm flat broke till next month. ::facepalm:: After more than three years of searching for them I have finally found two & I'm broke. ::dang:: Isn't that the way it goes sometimes!?! ::facepalm:: That's the breaks I guess. You win some, you lose some. ::doh:: This hurts. ::doh:: Oh well, price was too high anyways. ::teary_eyes::
While I'd say they're rare (looks to me like they were made specifically for the German market and are completely different from ours)--it's still excessive.

Interesting the cell-handled penknife appears to have been sourced from Kutmaster just like the US-market ones. The gentleman's knife isn't more than about a $10 knife to me--I've been buying a bunch as EDCs at that price. They've been trying to get that for more than two years on eBay, so it's obviously much more than what it's worth.

I've been looking at an Irish-made Imperial hoof pick knife, and it's got both a Purina ad and a really nice Western scrimshaw scene. The seller wants $40, and typically the hoof picks don't sell for more than $10 new.
TPK

Post by TPK »

cody6268 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:06 pm
TPK wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:56 pm

Hi David,

While I'd say they're rare (looks to me like they were made specifically for the German market and are completely different from ours)--it's still excessive.

Interesting the cell-handled penknife appears to have been sourced from Kutmaster just like the US-market ones. The gentleman's knife isn't more than about a $10 knife to me--I've been buying a bunch as EDCs at that price. They've been trying to get that for more than two years on eBay, so it's obviously much more than what it's worth.

I've been looking at an Irish-made Imperial hoof pick knife, and it's got both a Purina ad and a really nice Western scrimshaw scene. The seller wants $40, and typically the hoof picks don't sell for more than $10 new.

I went back & downloaded all the sellers pictures just to show you guys. Like I said, I'll have to pass on these. I believe your right about being sourced out. Look at the stamp. Looks wierd to me. ::hmm:: Like it was hand writing. ::shrug:: And the gentlemen's knife isn't worth more than $10 to me either. OK, I'd even go $15 on it because it's rare but not more because it's not very readable. The pen knife would be worth $30 - $40 to me but like I said, I'm broke anyways. I'll keep it on my watch list. For what he is asking for it, it could still be for sale next month & I can make him an offer. ::shrug::

What does the Imperial hoof knife look like? ::shrug:: I do run across some of the Irish Imperial knives from time to time but I have never seen one with Purina on it. ::hmm::

Add: It looks like the main blade is cracked over the whole length. :shock:
Attachments
s-l1600 - 2022-09-17T202808.556.jpg
s-l1600 - 2022-09-17T202750.225.jpg
s-l1600 - 2022-09-17T202743.861.jpg
s-l1600 - 2022-09-17T202726.160.jpg
s-l1600 - 2022-09-17T202719.133.jpg
s-l1600 - 2022-09-17T202711.724.jpg
s-l1600 - 2022-09-17T190017.129.jpg

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Oktoberfest @ Middleburg, VA. Lost Barrel Oktoberfest and GEC Beer & Sausage in the pocket. 🍻🇩🇪🎉
Attachments
IMG_20220917_144628352.jpg
IMG_20220917_140340388.jpg
IMG_20220917_141222081.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I went back through my watch list and found the listing, since apparently it had ended.

Apparently it was re-listed as an auction and ended up selling for $30. Still WAY too much, given I have seen several Farnam ones go for $10.
s-l1600iipk.jpg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

1967redrider wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:49 pm Oktoberfest @ Middleburg, VA. Lost Barrel Oktoberfest and GEC Beer & Sausage in the pocket. 🍻🇩🇪🎉
Great pics, great knife. Enjoy and great weekend to ya.

Nice Purina TPK, looks to be in great shape, just the way we like 'em. :mrgreen: ::tu:: ::super_happy::
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
TPK

Post by TPK »

cody6268 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:00 pm I went back through my watch list and found the listing, since apparently it had ended.

Apparently it was re-listed as an auction and ended up selling for $30. Still WAY too much, given I have seen several Farnam ones go for $10.
I like it because of the Purina sign but $30 is indeed a bit expensive. ::nod:: ::tu:: But thanks for the Info & picture. ::handshake:: Appreciate it! ::nod:: ::tu::

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks, Ivory. ::handshake::

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

I've been carrying this Schatt & Morgan jumbo lockback trapper for a few days.
Attachments
S&M jumbo trapper lockback.jpg
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I've had these in some combination off and on over the past several days. Decided a cleaning was LONG overdue. What I don't understand is that some weren't used much, but got incredibly dirty, yet others were used a lot and aren't that bad.
IMG_20220917_211756.jpg
Jtx
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Jtx »

Really enjoying these Micarta scales on my Benchmade Bugout.
Attachments
IMG_4273.jpeg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Awesome knives, ken, cody and Jtx. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::

Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

ken98k wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:44 am I've been carrying this Schatt & Morgan jumbo lockback trapper for a few days.
Sweet bones on that one Ken.

Jtx wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:32 pm Really enjoying these Micarta scales on my Benchmade Bugout.

Great micarta there too.

cody6268 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:46 am I've had these in some combination off and on over the past several days. Decided a cleaning was LONG overdue. What I don't understand is that some weren't used much, but got incredibly dirty, yet others were used a lot and aren't that bad.

Nice pocket dump, definitely got it all covered with those. Thanks

thumbnail_20220914_140025.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Great carrying knives guys. I pulled a few of my Case knives out cleaning on them, trying to decide which one to slip in the pocket. Then I went with a Schrade USA 34OT. Ha. Go figure. :D
Attachments
20220918_163102.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Totin' my faithful travel companion today, first time in NYC. But it's been to New Orleans, Pensacola, Hilton Head, Savannah, skiing trips and Ireland, plus other places I've forgotten.
Attachments
IMG_20220919_075609730.jpg

woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Nice Rider!! Totin my pick bone, hammered pins, sunken joints, EC Simmons Keen Kutter Pen, that was most likely made by Winchester today. Have a good day all!! :)
Attachments
20220919_074701.jpg
20220919_074711.jpg
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

1967redrider wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:00 pm Totin' my faithful travel companion today, first time in NYC. But it's been to New Orleans, Pensacola, Hilton Head, Savannah, skiing trips and Ireland, plus other places I've forgotten.
That's pretty cool, that knife has been around. Enjoy yourself, we saw "The Book of Mormon" in St Louis 4 or 5 years ago.
woodwalker wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:52 pm Nice Rider!! Totin my pick bone, hammered pins, sunken joints, EC Simmons Keen Kutter Pen, that was most likely made by Winchester today. Have a good day all!! :)
Nice, WW, that is a good carry for a Shiw Me State resident!
Ike
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Waukonda wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:07 pm
1967redrider wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:00 pm Totin' my faithful travel companion today, first time in NYC. But it's been to New Orleans, Pensacola, Hilton Head, Savannah, skiing trips and Ireland, plus other places I've forgotten.
That's pretty cool, that knife has been around. Enjoy yourself, we saw "The Book of Mormon" in St Louis 4 or 5 years ago.
woodwalker wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:52 pm Nice Rider!! Totin my pick bone, hammered pins, sunken joints, EC Simmons Keen Kutter Pen, that was most likely made by Winchester today. Have a good day all!! :)
Nice, WW, that is a good carry for a Shiw Me State resident!
Thanks Ike!! The little rascal disappears in the pocket. Appreciate ya! ::handshake:: :)
TPK

Post by TPK »

woodwalker wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:47 pm Great carrying knives guys. I pulled a few of my Case knives out cleaning on them, trying to decide which one to slip in the pocket. Then I went with a Schrade USA 34OT. Ha. Go figure. :D
You know what I like about your knives in this picture?
They are a very colorful group. They look great! ::nod:: ::tu:: ::super_happy::

TPK

Post by TPK »

Cool shield John! ::super_happy::

woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

TPK wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:47 pm
woodwalker wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:47 pm Great carrying knives guys. I pulled a few of my Case knives out cleaning on them, trying to decide which one to slip in the pocket. Then I went with a Schrade USA 34OT. Ha. Go figure. :D
Hey thanks Tom. I always appreciate your comments and your cutlery acquisitions are growing quite nicely. I'm happy for you as I feel you are a terrific asset to AAPK. I always hope you find your elusive Case Tadpole. Cant wait to see it when you get it! ::handshake:: :)
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

::tu::
David
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

DM11 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:22 pm
::tu::
Thanks David!! ::handshake:: :)
TPK

Post by TPK »

woodwalker wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:51 pm
TPK wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:47 pm
Hey thanks Tom. I always appreciate your comments and your cutlery acquisitions are growing quite nicely. I'm happy for you as I feel you are a terrific asset to AAPK. I always hope you find your elusive Case Tadpole. Cant wait to see it when you get it! ::handshake:: :)
Don't really see myself as an asset to the AAPK but I appreciate your comment. ::handshake:: When I take a week off, it goes unnoticed. Or it's noticed and people are glad. I don't know. :lol: This is my only real hobby so y'all are stuck with me either way. ::nod:: :lol:

One of these days I will find one. ::nod:: And who knows, maybe I'll find one on German eBay & the seller won't know a thing about it & I'll get it at a good fair price. ::shrug:: Could happen. Maybe. :mrgreen: :lol:
Just hope I have some funds when it happens. ::fc:: :lol:

Off to work, long day ahead of me today. ::doh::

SteveC
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by SteveC »

Been carrying this old Taylors Eye Witness a bit lately ::tu::

20220919_154342.jpg

Return to “General Knife Discussion”