WHAT ARE YOU CARRYIN RIGHT NOW? WHAT IS YOUR FAV EDC?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Ivoryman

Re: WHAT ARE YOU CARRYIN RIGHT NOW? WHAT IS YOUR FAV EDC?

Post by Ivoryman »

::rotflol:: Killing me geocash. Revealed when you weren't looking, that is rich. I think it was you were not with us yet, before your time in the club. Just looked and saw when you joined. Picked up this one in May and gave the review. But the great thing about AAPK is you can go back and check out the history before joining, like I do. Amazing number of pages before I found out about this place. Check out page 1126 in "Mail Call, post your new pickups here" thread. Thanks for the compliment.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

DM11, BH, Ivoryman, QS all beautiful knives. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::

QS tell us a little about that white handled one. ::shrug::

Ivoryman is that a whittler? did you have it rehandled? ::shrug::

Montanaman, glad the family is doing well. Beautiful family by the way. ::nod::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

doglegg, Your wish is my....etc. My EDC knife today is a Kizlar Supreme. Kizlar is a small town in southern Russia where their line of knives are all made by hand. Perhaps a "bench made" kind of operation. The photo above was from the first ad I ever encountered of the brand. A few years ago the only place I could acquire one was from Australia which obviously added to the expense. But they are available now in the U.S.

The quality of the knife, F&F, is excellent. The half stops are firm and "authoritative." Little risk of accidentally closing on one's fingers. It is a true slip joint, but when opened the blade sits so firmly that you'd think it has a lock. Yet folding the blade closed is smooth and easy.

I am glad I got it when it first came out because I no longer see this model listed. There is one that is similar but the blade shape is just a bit different and mine is the only black coated blade I've seen. Blade is 4" and handle is just under 4 1/2". A pin crack has developed on mine. Don't recall the type of steel but it is sharp and retains its edge for a substantial period of time.

Much of the Kizlar line is in fixed blades, but they do have a variety of folders.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

You gut are using sum beauty's ::nod:: I'm making a living with a Buck and a Leatherman,the 315 fits the bill while landing cables ::super_happy::
Attachments
IMG_20181015_095152921.jpg
IMG_20160921_144230234_HDR.jpg
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Barlow and a Whittler
Attachments
IMG_3256.JPG
David
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

geocash wrote:Yeah, pitiful. The pity is I don't have one like that.
::rotflol:: I co-sign on that! That's a great old Queen jack. I'd love to tote one.
garddogg56 wrote:You gut are using sum beauty's ::nod:: I'm making a living with a Buck and a Leatherman,the 315 fits the bill while landing cables ::super_happy::
Now that's how a landlubber makes use of a sailing knife! I once used a marlin spike to great advantage separating out data cables that had been strapped together so tightly for so long that their shielding had started bonding with one another. :shock:
DM11 wrote:Barlow and a Whittler
Very nice Western, I've been trying to find one with that stamp but so far no luck. That lovely Case whittler steals the show, however. It is just outstanding! ::tu::

I had these bones on me for the last few days...
Attachments
45345186832_bda4352845_k.jpg
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

[quote="doglegg"]DM11, BH, Ivoryman, QS all beautiful knives. ::tu:: ::tu::

Tim Britton made it, Serpentine he calls it. Now that you mention it, does look like a whit or half whit. No rehandle necessary, that's how the guy makes his knives. Sambar stag from India, BG-42 blades. Texture feels great in hand.
Attachments
WP_20181017_030.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

Nice one IM!

These two today, with my sidekick, Cleo
aapk1018.jpg
cleooct18.jpg
gino

Post by gino »

Viper today
Attachments
C6B14F11-0E5F-478C-A3FC-65B4C4A6AF46.jpeg
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: Southern Appalachian Mountains, outdoors preferably

Post by geocash »

DM11 & Tsar Bomba, I wanna pull stuff like that outa my pockets. & I'm getting pretty close, too. But that Britton that Ivoryman has, I may have to reach in someone else's pockets.
geocash
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

P1020311.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Ivoryman wrote:
doglegg wrote:DM11, BH, Ivoryman, QS all beautiful knives. ::tu:: ::tu::

Tim Britton made it, Serpentine he calls it. Now that you mention it, does look like a whit or half whit. No rehandle necessary, that's how the guy makes his knives. Sambar stag from India, BG-42 blades. Texture feels great in hand.
Thanks Iman, that one is a beauty for sure. Nothing not to like about it. A great knife. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

David, Tony, Montanaman, QS, Gino great knives everyone. Wow, beautiful and practical. Not a bad dog either. ::nod::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Barlow and a Cattle Jr
Attachments
IMG_3265.JPG
David
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Quick Steel wrote:doglegg, Your wish is my....etc. My EDC knife today is a Kizlar Supreme. Kizlar is a small town in southern Russia where their line of knives are all made by hand. Perhaps a "bench made" kind of operation. The photo above was from the first ad I ever encountered of the brand. A few years ago the only place I could acquire one was from Australia which obviously added to the expense. But they are available now in the U.S.

The quality of the knife, F&F, is excellent. The half stops are firm and "authoritative." Little risk of accidentally closing on one's fingers. It is a true slip joint, but when opened the blade sits so firmly that you'd think it has a lock. Yet folding the blade closed is smooth and easy.

I am glad I got it when it first came out because I no longer see this model listed. There is one that is similar but the blade shape is just a bit different and mine is the only black coated blade I've seen. Blade is 4" and handle is just under 4 1/2". A pin crack has developed on mine. Don't recall the type of steel but it is sharp and retains its edge for a substantial period of time.

Much of the Kizlar line is in fixed blades, but they do have a variety of folders.
Thanks QS, now you have made me go look. ::nod::
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Ivoryman wrote:Tim Britton made it, Serpentine he calls it. Now that you mention it, does look like a whit or half whit. No rehandle necessary, that's how the guy makes his knives. Sambar stag from India, BG-42 blades. Texture feels great in hand.
I like that stag beauty even more now seeing that long, slender pen blade. Very nice knife, I-Man. ::tu::
geocash wrote:DM11 & Tsar Bomba, I wanna pull stuff like that outa my pockets. & I'm getting pretty close, too. But that Britton that Ivoryman has, I may have to reach in someone else's pockets.
::rotflol:: Thanks, geocash, and you've always got something nice along for the ride! I definitely wouldn't overlook a little potential light larceny for a stunner like that serpentine, though. :lol:
DM11 wrote:Barlow and a Cattle Jr
That warm sawcut bone always gives me a happy feeling, David. ::nod:: What a classic Barlow, and that cow knife isn't a slouch either.

QS, I swear I didn't see your pic before I took mine. Just a matter of convenience.
Attachments
44499780115_660061d71e_k.jpg
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

20181018_191651.jpg
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

I think I'm gonna start following biggie-H around town hoping a Winterbottom knife falls out of his pocket. :lol:

Loving that Congress, big-h! ::tu::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Old worn out knife but sweet. ::tu::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Tsar Bomba wrote:QS, I swear I didn't see your pic before I took mine. Just a matter of convenience.
Being slow of mind, it took me a few moments to figure out what you were alluding to. Precisely, a matter of convenience and time. Your keyboard looks more modern than mine.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

I suspect they weren't manufactured as far apart in time as it might seem. That laptop is the oldest one I have that still runs. It's right around (maybe a little over) a decade old now. I've been running an Ubuntu variant on it and maxed out the memory to get as much use out of it as I could.

I actually managed the entire company environment on it for the better part of a year until I got a reasonably decent machine. I'm on my third battery and it just keeps chugging along.

I don't even want to show you the keyboards I have that resemble the one in your photo. Some of them have no letters left on the key caps. I can't stand the newfangled flat "chiclet" style of keys, not with my ham-hands. :lol: 8)
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

20181019_085149.jpg
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

Spending the day with my ladies, this Rounder from Jerry Halfrich is on my belt, in a sheath that Paul Long made for me. Damasteel holds a great edge, PMC 27 and RWL 34. I have a few kitchen knives in Damasteel, use them every day. Have a great weekend folks!
aapk1019.jpg
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Really? Y'all left me to post after Montanaman? ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: Not cool, man, not cool.

Fine. Here you go. A big Camillus trapper (and some bonus pocket lint from the LFP) and my trusty ten-dot Case Barlow (no pocket lint in the watch pocket apparently). ::huff::
Attachments
43619019890_87f790ab29_k.jpg
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

72 today.
Attachments
IMG_3277.JPG
David

Return to “General Knife Discussion”