WHAT ARE YOU CARRYIN RIGHT NOW? WHAT IS YOUR FAV EDC?

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: WHAT ARE YOU CARRYIN RIGHT NOW? WHAT IS YOUR FAV EDC?

Post by Quick Steel »

I can't help but agree. And what. a dramatic answer. Unarguable. :) ::tu::
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: Southern Appalachian Mountains, outdoors preferably

Post by geocash »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:35 pm I can't help but agree. And what. a dramatic answer. Unarguable. :) ::tu::
I meant to say thanks, too.
geocash
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

cody6268 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:44 am
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:08 am My Emerson Tactical Folder, a very solid piece that holds a good edge.
Nice! I have an early Mini CQC-7 that I'm going to pay to have reworked. I bought it for something like $30, thought it was fake, stuck it in a drawer, and one day emailed Emerson, who confirmed it was real. It's really beat up. All the Phillips screws were stripped, and the blade was rough. Emerson charges a lot to redo knives, but I think I'll have something pretty decent once they're done.
That is a great find! ::tu:: I love finding really good knives on the cheap that are already a little beaten up. I hate to be the one to put the first
scratch on a new knife ::dang:: The CQC-7 series are outstanding knives, I have a buddy that has one from the1990's and has carried everyday since then (he is a "one knife guy") and uses it for all types of tasks. That knife is as solid today as it was new, so they are very well built knives indeed.
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Schrades
Attachments
thumbnail_20201023_124840.jpg
Cut Co. EZO - Walden 825 stockman
Cut Co. EZO - Walden 825 stockman
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

Kris ::tu:: ::tu::
Iman ::tu:: ::tu::
Ike
63rdOVI

Post by 63rdOVI »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:50 pm
63rdOVI wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:14 pm Carrying a couple of Sears Craftman knives today on my birthday. I can’t believe I didn’t appreciate these knives when I was younger and was at Sears almost every weekend with my dad.
Two real beauties 63, ::tu:: and you'll remember your Dad ::nod:: every time you look at them! Happy B-Day BTW! 8)
Thank you, Madmarco!
63rdOVI

Post by 63rdOVI »

Ivoryman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:41 pm
63rdOVI wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:14 pm Carrying a couple of Sears Craftman knives today on my birthday. I can’t believe I didn’t appreciate these knives when I was younger and was at Sears almost every weekend with my dad.

Good looking pair, bet they were very reasonably priced when new back in the 70s. Know who made them for Sears? Looks like Schrade to me.

Woodwalker, that one is pretty good looking as well. Love the saw cut bones from back then.
Thanks, Ivoryman! Yes, I think the Lumberjack is Schrade but perhaps the stock knife is Camillus. I need confirmation on that, though.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Awesome carries everyone, and especially love you Schrades Iman, and your picture Geo. Mighty lovely folks ::tu:: .

Going with the clasp/cattle, new/old combo. Surprisingly, the big ole boy hangs out in me pants pocket very well, other then when I play my acoustic guitars.
Ole Imperial is, just ole reliable ::nod:: .
Attachments
DSCN4037.JPG
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

WillyCamaro wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:55 pm Awesome carries everyone, and especially love you Schrades Iman, and your picture Geo. Mighty lovely folks ::tu:: .

Going with the clasp/cattle, new/old combo. Surprisingly, the big ole boy hangs out in me pants pocket very well, other then when I play my acoustic guitars.
Like your equal end cattle knife, looks really old school. Could have that in my pocket everyday. ::tu::
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Stockman and a Barlow
Attachments
IMG_5182.JPG
David
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Willy, Who made the red rifle knife?
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:22 pm Willy, Who made the red rifle knife?
I'm not Wily, but it looks like a Winchester.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

WillyCamaro wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:55 pm Awesome carries everyone, and especially love you Schrades Iman, and your picture Geo. Mighty lovely folks ::tu:: .

That is a great looking red rifle knife (Winchester?) Looks like a model '73 shield on the scale. Very nice! ::groove::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

edge213 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:49 pm
Quick Steel wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:22 pm Willy, Who made the red rifle knife?
I'm not Wily, but it looks like a Winchester.
Thank you for asking mate ::handshake:: .
Yes, edge is correct. It's a Winchester by Bluegrass Cutlery, made on contract in 1994. The bone is the classic burnt orange pickbone, that they were so fond of using on many of there knives.
Shield is I believe a model 94 30-30, if I can remember correctly.
It was actually a swing-guard cokebottle, that I de-pinned one evening (was all wonky from original, guessing factory 2nd). Other then that, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the boy. Planned on putting him up for grabs, but decided against :) . You know... The edc bug I guess :D .
Purchased it off ebay 2 years ago, going on 3 now. Along with it I grabbed another one for my dad's birthday, and 2 3 bladed canoes, same story. Gilbert Cooper is the feller I snagged them from (same dude that's working on re-booting S&M right now). I believe $75 each for the cokebottles, and $65 for the canoes (and like $5 bucks each to ship, don't quote me on it :D ).
They ain't that rare of knives (just super nice knives), plenty to be found if you do a simple search on ebay.
Attachments
WBOBCC 001.JPG
WBOBCC 005.JPG
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:46 pm

That is a great looking red rifle knife (Winchester?) Looks like a model '73 shield on the scale. Very nice! ::groove::
Thank you mate ::handshake:: . Yesir', Winchester by Bluegrass (1994).
Winston Churchill

garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Twas Oldtimers for me while I took the Grandies hunting on youth deer hunt opener.
Attachments
IMG_1302.JPG
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

VERY nice Willy! ::tu:: Love that orange and rifle shield! ::nod:: The other one is also real nice! 8)
8)
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

Waukonda wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:48 pm Kris ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks Ike.

A pair in mammoth ivory today, Tim Steingass subhilt chute, mammoth from Mark Knapp of Alaska, Rick Menefee dogleg with a wharncliffe secondary, mammoth that Rick had for 10 years, he made this knife about 10 years ago too.
aapk102520.jpg
Have a great Sunday
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

thumbnail_20201024_111815.jpg
#92 Eureka Jack 2019    -   #14 Boys knife 2018
#92 Eureka Jack 2019 - #14 Boys knife 2018
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

This can use a little sunlight by residing on my desk. Will I cut something with it? No, my Buck will handle that.
Attachments
P1030220 (2).JPG
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Quick Steel wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:29 pm This can use a little sunlight by residing on my desk. Will I cut something with it? No, my Buck will handle that.
Great looking knife.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
TPK

Post by TPK »

Wow! :shock: Beautiful knives everyone! ::nod:: ::tu:: Thanks for posting them! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

I went camping this weekend and brought the gec 21 alongside my everyday carry shapleigh cattle knife.

CC7DAE77-8FEF-4166-BAC5-C1CE584F12BE.jpeg
951796B2-ED06-46BF-A7D3-0B779ABA9C86.jpeg
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
geocash
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: Southern Appalachian Mountains, outdoors preferably

Post by geocash »

Quick Steel wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:29 pm This can use a little sunlight by residing on my desk. Will I cut something with it? No, my Buck will handle that.
Especially fine looking handle. If you don't mind my asking, who made that thing?
geocash
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

geocash wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:39 am
Especially fine looking handle. If you don't mind my asking, who made that thing?
Looks to be a Bulldog from here Geo. I think I can make it out from the tang stamp, and the overall looks.
Winston Churchill

Return to “General Knife Discussion”