Artisan Knife/letter opener Vermont

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
raincrowe

Artisan Knife/letter opener Vermont

Post by raincrowe »

Unusual piece not sure if it's a letter opener or a knife...a two bladed knife with a blade on each end...This piece is approx. 5 1/4" long and seems to be of bake-lite material....Both blades protrude and have three different stops that adjust blade length....I can't find any name on the blades...The knife has a pen clip and can be carried in a shirt pocket...This clip has ARTISAN stamped on it....Chas.J.Rogers Inc. 14651 Forrer Ave Vermont is stamped on the bake-lite...I have tried to research this but to no avail ...Would like information pertaining to the knife and it's creation...Look forward to hearing any information on this item!! ::tu::
Attachments
SAM_1100 (2).JPG
SAM_1099 (2).JPG
SAM_1102.JPG
SAM_1103 (2).JPG
SAM_1106.JPG
SAM_1105.JPG
knife7knut

Re: Artisan Knife/letter opener Vermont

Post by knife7knut »

These are what I usually refer to as,"sliders". They were made by different companies in either single or two blade models.Many of them were made by the Gits Knife Co.and the name will be stamped on the sliding part of the button.Look down inside to see the name.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

Awww....I looked down inside thought I could see something in there but couldn't make it out....At this point I got foolish and removed the blade and button...... Still could see something but not sure if a name or what. but the tricky part is getting it back together....I know someone who might be able to help me it will try and contact him tomorrow...If I find anything will let everyone know....Any advise on how to install the blade and button would be helpful.....the other side is still in-tack and perhaps can be a model.....Thanks for the information!!
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

raincrowe wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:17 pm Awww....I looked down inside thought I could see something in there but couldn't make it out....At this point I got foolish and removed the blade and button...... Still could see something but not sure if a name or what. but the tricky part is getting it back together....I know someone who might be able to help me it will try and contact him tomorrow...If I find anything will let everyone know....Any advise on how to install the blade and button would be helpful.....the other side is still in-tack and perhaps can be a model.....Thanks for the information!!
It shouldn't be difficult to re-install the button;it just screws into the little plate that slides the blade.I'm trying to remember but if I recall I had to get a small hook under it to support it while I started the threads and then remove the hook.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

Awww....I have some pics that I enhanced but still can't tell...
Hopefully someone online can get better view!!
Attachments
SAM_1126 (2).JPG
SAM_1126 (2).JPG (62.54 KiB) Viewed 543 times
SAM_1126 (3).JPG
SAM_1126.JPG

Return to “General Knife Discussion”