Mooremaker knives

Discuss or show off anything that relates to knives.
RWB

Mooremaker knives

Postby RWB » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:53 pm

I don't see a category for Mooremaker knives on the forum. What's the consensus about them on here and who makes them? I don't believe they're made in Texas although I could be wrong.

peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Mooremaker knives

Postby peanut740 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Moore Makers are made on contract by others.Queen was a large supplier, but are now out of business. Utica also makes some for them.
Roger

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Railsplitter » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:40 pm

I have one Moore Maker knife and I'm 99% sure my example was made by Queen when they were still around. It's a very well made knife.
Attachments
IMG_4200.JPG
IMG_4201.JPG
IMG_4202.JPG
IMG_4203.JPG
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

RWB

Postby RWB » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Railsplitter, is that their big stock knife (4.25 incher)?

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Railsplitter » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:04 pm

RWB wrote:Railsplitter, is that their big stock knife (4.25 incher)?

No. It measures 3 3/4 inches closed. I have in my records that it's a pattern #5301.
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby Mumbleypeg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:18 am

RWB wrote:I don't see a category for Mooremaker knives on the forum. What's the consensus about them on here and who makes them? I don't believe they're made in Texas although I could be wrong.

Moore Maker manufactures ranching tools such as fencing pliers and cattle de-horners in Matador, TX. It's a family-owned and operated business involving several generations of the Moore family (some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet). Knives are contract manufactured for them by several American companies including Utica and Bear and Sons. Until a few years ago Queen and Camillus were major suppliers also. In my experience they are well made of quality materials. Good solid EDC knives and some people also collect them. You can sometimes find their cosmetic "seconds" on eBay.

A "search" here for "Moore Maker" turned up 64 pages of posts. Probably everything you'd want to know including who makes them and where. Here's one of the threads for example viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56535&hilit=Moore

You can also find out a lot from their web site https://www.mooremaker.com/about.html. ::tu:: Be sure to check out the FAQ's section also.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"There was a time when young people revered their elders. No one knows when this was." - Bill Heavey
https://www.akti.org/

Doc B
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Postby Doc B » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:22 am

RWB...you can find the search function by clicking on the "Quick links". Welcome to the site :)
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018

Return to “General Knife Discussion”