Hansel und Gretel

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
hellize

Hansel und Gretel

Post by hellize »

Hänsel und Gretel

A freshly finished set with two knives.
They almost identical with a total lenght is 22.5 cm / 9 inch long with a blade of 11 cm / 4.5 inch.
Both are forged of 5160 and the handles are padouk and wenge.

Dark clouds of ash and smoke blot out the sun.
It was like so, since the great quakes that shocked the earth some time ago, Anno Domini 1314, far away in the eastern lands. Hell showed, with tremble, fire and brimstone that it still awaits the sinful and wicked with open arms, under our feet. Since then death walked among the living, and withered away anything it touched from livestock to grain. Nothing grew anymore, on this cold and barren land.
There was nothing left to eat.
Elders choose voluntarily to starve to death to allow the young to live. While some, simply abandoned their children in their exasperation, knowing painfully well, what fate will fall upon them.
That is how one day a girl and a boy, woke up to the frosty cold, and found themselves in the middle of the forest. The misty breath of morning daze, slowly lifted from their minds, just to realize, they were alone.
A narrow path led deeper into the forest.
Nothing else to do, they followed it, and after many hours of tumbling in the thicket, arrived to a gingerbread house.
They heard the dreadful rumors about the depths of the woods and what may lurk in it, like everyone else, but hunger conquered the fear. They unclad their tools and approached the house, slowly pushed the door, which gave itself to them with a high pitched squeak. The door’s shriek chilled them to the bone, but hunger was growing ever stronger, so they stepped inside the cottage.
The dimness blinded them for a second, but when their sight finally got used to the darkness, they saw something, what neither of them were prepared to behold. On the great oaken table, in the middle of the kitchen laid the half eaten, fried to a crisp remnants of the hag.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
91.jpg
csizmar szilard
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Hansel und Gretel

Post by 1967redrider »

You are a wordsmith and a craftsman! ::tu:: ::tu:: Just don't look in the oven. 😉
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
hellize

Post by hellize »

1967redrider wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:23 pm You are a wordsmith and a craftsman! ::tu:: ::tu:: Just don't look in the oven. 😉
Thanks a lot! :D
csizmar szilard
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Both the knives and the leatherwork are absolutely amazing! ::tu:: ::tu::

Eric
hellize

Post by hellize »

ea42 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:53 pm Both the knives and the leatherwork are absolutely amazing! ::tu:: ::tu::

Eric
Glad you like them :)
csizmar szilard
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Mate, will you set these aside for me and my new wife. It'll be my wedding gift to us.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
hellize

Post by hellize »

WillyCamaro wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:00 am Mate, will you set these aside for me and my new wife. It'll be my wedding gift to us.
::tu::
You have a pm ;)
csizmar szilard

Return to “Custom Knives”