Works in Progress 6 Folders

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
Absinthe

Works in Progress 6 Folders

Post by Absinthe »

wip.jpg

This is after 40 grit belt grinding on the 1x30. Is it just me, or does everyone do 6 knives at a time? :)

I am open to suggestions for scale materials. I do have some ideas. I still have to do bolsters. The lady's leg, and little chipper will both be getting nickel silver bolsters, and the sunfish will be getting brass. I haven't cut the shape for the toothpick or Lanny's clip bolsters yet, but they will probably both be yellow brass.

I was thinking purple heart for the sunfish. I have some rosewood, and paduk, and african redwood, wenge, ipe, garapa, and zebra and a few others. But I wanted to consider some other things. I saw some "gem" stuff and thought that a southwest theme with turquoise might go well on the toothpick, if I did nickel silver bolsters on it. Perhaps some ivory G10 on the sodbuster, and perhaps some black G10 or ultrex on the lady's leg. Although, I also considered some black Ankrom in 1/8 cell size, to get perhaps a fishnet effect?

Return to “Custom Knives”